Sterling Banned for Life

Ame®icano;9014667 said:
Ame®icano;9014544 said:
He should sell a team and I think there are plenty who would like to buy it if not for profit, then to get rid of him.

Only thing that puzzling me, all those things he said were part of private conversation. What that has to do with NBA?

The NBA is losing advertisers over it. They are a business that provides entertainment, and entertainment is subjective on the entertained paying for said entertainment (even if indirectly).

The NBA has to get rid of the guy, and the idiot deserves it. He is in a business that employs large amounts of African Americans, and caters to entertain large amounts of African Americans. His expecting privacy, while understandable does not remove the fact that the public will not forgive him, and that an entertainment business cannot piss off its customers and expect to survive.

My concern is that he goes all legal AND bat-shit about it, like playing games to an empty arena, or withdrawing travel and support functions. He has the money to do that at least for a short amount if time.

I understand that part with advertizing and sponsors but still, it was private conversation. If NBA knew about it, why didn't they do something before. Now NBA wants to be a good guy here. And Magic screwed him out of his mistress, then Magic is trying to screw him out of his team. Kinda fishy. Setup?

No private conversation exists when it besmirches the business.

Ame®icano;9014667 said:
The NBA is losing advertisers over it. They are a business that provides entertainment, and entertainment is subjective on the entertained paying for said entertainment (even if indirectly).

The NBA has to get rid of the guy, and the idiot deserves it. He is in a business that employs large amounts of African Americans, and caters to entertain large amounts of African Americans. His expecting privacy, while understandable does not remove the fact that the public will not forgive him, and that an entertainment business cannot piss off its customers and expect to survive.

My concern is that he goes all legal AND bat-shit about it, like playing games to an empty arena, or withdrawing travel and support functions. He has the money to do that at least for a short amount if time.

I understand that part with advertizing and sponsors but still, it was private conversation. If NBA knew about it, why didn't they do something before. Now NBA wants to be a good guy here. And Magic screwed him out of his mistress, then Magic is trying to screw him out of his team. Kinda fishy. Setup?

that is not true at all. i can privately besmirch any business. unless he knew he was being recorded, he had an expectation of privacy. that is the law.

you are not intelligent in the slightest, no wonder you think the 1st amendment applies only to political speech.

Ame®icano;9014667 said:

if you agree with Jake, raise your right hand

hitler-youth2.jpg

Ame®icano;9014667 said:

that is not true at all. i can privately besmirch any business. unless he knew he was being recorded, he had an expectation of privacy. that is the law. you are not intelligent in the slightest, no wonder you think the 1st amendment applies only to political speech.

Congratulations, for being on topic: stay there, please.

The facts prove you wrong, as almost always: the NBA fined him 2.5mm, banned him from life, and suggested strongly he sell his team.

You say something in private negatively about the business for which you work, and it comes out, you can be fired immediately.

Ame®icano;9014667 said:

if you agree with Jake, raise your right hand

hitler-youth2.jpg

Now you, who worships business, condemns the NBA for disciplining Sterling.

that is not true at all. i can privately besmirch any business. unless he knew he was being recorded, he had an expectation of privacy. that is the law. you are not intelligent in the slightest, no wonder you think the 1st amendment applies only to political speech.

The facts prove you wrong, as almost always: the NBA fined him 2.5mm, banned him from life, and suggested strongly he sell his team.

You say something in private negatively about the business for which you work, and it comes out, you can be fired immediately.

that doesn't mean you cannot privately besmirch a business wannabe mod. unless he knew he was being recorded, she broke the law and violated his expectation of privacy.

that is the law and no amount of whining on your part will change that. you are simply a thought nazi.

He's the OWNER

He OWNS the team

He's the OWNER

He OWNS the team

true, but he is still just a franchise under the NBA

He's the OWNER

He OWNS the team

So McDonald's can yank a franchise if an owner complains that you need a "Slight Indian accent" to communicate with his workers?

"I've known (Magic Johnson) well, and he should be admired. ... I'm just saying that it's too bad you can't admire him privately," the man on the recording says. "Admire him, bring him here, feed him, f**k him, but don't put (Magic) on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."

he sounds senile. he doesn't care if she fucks a black guy, but cares if she is seen in public with a black guy. that doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense.

The righteousness is comical...makes you wonder if any of the offended were any of the same clueless animals that celebrated OJs "innocence"....

So McDonald's can yank a franchise if an owner complains that you need a "Slight Indian accent" to communicate with his workers?

i don't know. depends on the franchise license. i would imagine they would have such a clause that if a franchise owner hurts the company brand they can revoke his license.

Because of a PRIVATE remark?

i don't know. depends on the franchise license. i would imagine they would have such a clause that if a franchise owner hurts the company brand they can revoke his license.

that private remark was made public. whether it was legally made public is a different question.

it became not private when it became public.

if the person who released it violated the law, they should be dealt with. one doesn't obviate the other, frank.

Forum List

Back