Sports Question of the Day

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
What is the best game/bout of any sport you have ever personally witnessed?

For me, it was Super Bowl XLIII because I was there! Unfortunately, Ben Roethlisberger's game winning touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes was in the end zone opposite of where I was sitting so I had to see the catch on the jumbo tron. But being there for the Steelers' last Super Bowl title is something I'll never forget! GO STEELERS!
:clap:

My first hockey game. It was the preds vs the sharks. In the first 2 minutes i saw 2 goals and a badass fight. I was immediately hooked.

I don't go to many live sporting events. My two best experiences:

1. Going to Cincinnati multiple times for the massive tennis tournament they have there every year just before the US Open. I saw nearly every top-tier player... Sampras, Murray, Rafter, Hewitt, Becker, Ivanesevic, Federer, Serena...

2. Seeing my favorite NHL team, the Capitals, play in Columbus. Going down near the tunnel when they come out and watching them warm up at ice level. I'll never forget it. And as a special reward, sitting behind the opposing teams net in the first period.. I got to see an Ovechkin rocket slap shot right at me, and it tucked in top corner for a goal. It was amazing.

WBF Sanctioned boxing at the local Fair grounds. A great card of some really good match ups. Buster Douglas against a local fighter was the main event. I got a good seat for only 25 bucks.

I was in Toronto on business and went to a Maple Leafs/Flames game at the Air Canada Center.

Usually hockey games end up with scores like 3-2 or 20. When the game ended the score was 8-6 Maple Leafs.

I'm not even a big hockey fan, but that was an exciting game...

What is the best game/bout of any sport you have ever personally witnessed?

For me, it was Super Bowl XLIII because I was there! Unfortunately, Ben Roethlisberger's game winning touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes was in the end zone opposite of where I was sitting so I had to see the catch on the jumbo tron. But being there for the Steelers' last Super Bowl title is something I'll never forget! GO STEELERS!
:clap:
I was at the LSU/A&M game that went 7 OTs. I didn't stay for it all. LSU was robbed.

Forum List

Back