Spike Lee is an Ass

You apparantly can't attack the points I'm making, so instead, you try to erode my credibility by claiming that I can know nothing of the content of a movie without suffering through the entire thing. That's bullshit and you know it.

Actually, Jillian did. She pointed out that Lee seemed more interested in the class aspect, not racial. Even provided a link. And of course you have to see the whole thing. It lends to credibility or lack thereof. Nothing bullshit about that. You could be right on the money. Thing is, you will never know. You haven't seen it. And until you do, your opinion is noted...

Actually, Jillian did. She pointed out that Lee seemed more interested in the class aspect, not racial. Even provided a link. And of course you have to see the whole thing. It lends to credibility or lack thereof. Nothing bullshit about that. You could be right on the money. Thing is, you will never know. You haven't seen it. And until you do, your opinion is noted...

I also saw Lee on Bill Maher. And he made it clear that he didn't think it was a color issue so much as a class issue. And given the comments by Barbara Bush after Katrina, and by Bush's apparent lack of engagement in the crisis, I would tend to agree with that assessment.

*Edit* I also want to add that I don't think it was an intentional thing. I think that there just wasn't any understanding of what poor people need to get through a crisis and there wasn't any empathy.

Then really you are like me, uninformed on this subject and we both you should probably shut the fuck up on this thread. Seems Hobbit is more informed from just the articles alone.

Catch my drift?

Seems like he is uninformed, too. As for you being uninformed...what else is new? Catch my drift?

The biggest problem I noticed when living there was the amount of corruption in that city. From the gas station attendent all the way up to the Governor, nothing gets done in that city with out greasing someones hand. So, it's not surprising that nothing gets done.

Also, to many poor people, after a few generations on welfair, just forget how to help themselves. The towns in Miss. and Florida didn't wait for the gov. to finally get off their ass and help, no they formed church volunteer groups and did it themselves.

And as far as people saying the gov. did nothing for 5 days. The levees broke on Monday and flooded half the city. By Thursday 80,000 people were all but moved out and the city was completely abandoned by Friday. The people, rich and poor, who stayed and had to be rescued weren't clueless about what was about to happen. They knew they were living in a fish bowl with a cat. 5 coming at them. Gretna, Algeirs, Marrero, numerous other towns right across the river, don't need a car to walk, are on higher ground and would have been safer.

Yes indeedy. And people seem to forget that when President Bush initially offered help to Ms. Gov. Blanco, her response, was, I have to think about it and get back to you. I think she took about 24 precious hours to do so. This inexplicable non-decision was all over the TV right after Katrina happened.

How to explain such a tragic gaffe? Two possibilties come to mind:

She is such a machine politico that she felt it wasn't politically advantageous to accept help from a *gasp* Republican President. She needed time to get the advice of her party playmates on this issue, while people died. Even the concept of Nero fiddling while Rome burns seems less negligent.

Or, she is simply an incompetent fool.

Or perhaps both?

I knew as soon as Clay asked that question that somebody was going to tell me I was full of shit because I had never actually seen the movie in question. Well, how many people jumped on the anti-semitism bandwagon without seeing "The Passion?" or the bandwagon criticizing the South Park movie. It's just a typical tactic of some people. You apparantly can't attack the points I'm making, so instead, you try to erode my credibility by claiming that I can know nothing of the content of a movie without suffering through the entire thing. That's bullshit and you know it.
I sat through the whole thing. There was plenty of race baiting, no doubt. And to say that there wasn't a racial undertone (or even overtone) to the movie is naive at best. And Nagin and Blanco and local government in general was given a massive free pass. HOWEVER, the article you cited is about as biased against the movie as the movie was against Bush. I wouldn't be surprised if the reviewer watched maybe the first 1 or 2 hours, made up his opinion, and phoned the rest of it in. His statement about no mention of private donations in the movie is outright fallacious, for one.

There were compelling parts of the documentary, like the struggle people faced to get money from insurance companies for damage, and the fact that many of the underpriveledged realized upon leaving New Orleans that they could have a much better life, hurricane or not, in other cities.

Without you seeing the movie, you don't really have a frame of reference beyond reading for reviews that pre-agree with your mindset on the issue. Beyond any of this, I didn't think it was really intellectually honest for you to not post whether or not you actually saw the movie. And then you avoided the question. Makes people wonder.

Maybe you'd watch the movie and just see racist racist racist! Most of the beginning of it is heavily coated in that... but if it's ever on again consider acts 3 and 4, I found them much better.

I will admit though, having Harry Belafonte on camera painting Hugo Chavez as this nice guy who just wanted to help out was a good laugh.

Seems like he is uninformed, too. As for you being uninformed...what else is new? Catch my drift?

Ahh but he is more informed than you which is what you do(almost forgot this) argue shit you know nothing about...........when you aren't feeling persecuted by Christians.

As for the other claptrap.............LMFAO!

I have never felt persecuted by Christians. Disagreeing with Christians is not being persecuted...it's disagreeing. No Christian, either in cyber or real life, has ever persecuted me.

Yes you do, you feel the need to jump in with your "there is no god" or some other such crap in threads that are designed specifically for Christians. If you were a stand up guy you would simply not reply in those threads...........but you are a douchebag so you reply anyway.

You were right at first, i'm a complete testosterone filled pimp, you are a whiney turd so really we do have nothing in common.

Yes you do, you feel the need to jump in with your "there is no god" or some other such crap in threads that are designed specifically for Christians. If you were a stand up guy you would simply not reply in those threads...........but you are a douchebag so you reply anyway.

You were right at first, i'm a complete testosterone filled pimp, you are a whiney turd so really we do have nothing in common.

Go look up the word "persecuted" and then find a post of mine that says that is how I feel. This is a public messageboard. If people want private threads, make 'em private. I find the discussion of religion interesting. As for you being a pimp, testosterone-filled or otherwise, at least you know what you are. Then again, I could be doing a disservice to pimps...

Dude, you got owned. You made off like an "I told you so" bandit only to admit you have not seen the movie either. So your "opinions" are not noted as you read one article whereas the thread starter read numerous sources. One does not have to see a whole movie to know it sucks or is full itsh.

Ever not seen a movie because it got bad reviews OR someone told you that it sucked?

It absolutely WAS a class issue. But sounds to me like you're jealous... you ticked off you have to be one for free? :laugh: :dance:

Really? Seems to me it was more a "dumb" issue.

Hey, look, a Cat 5 hurricane is approaching. Let's sit here and wait for "da man" to tell us what to do or better yet, drive us out at his expense.

Dumb. And created by you libs and your utopian, welfare state. You've taken a whole class of people and completely removed their sense of survival.

What did Blanco do? Nothing, until it was W-A-Y too late.

What did Nagin do? Refused to issue an order of evacuation so tourist businesses wouldn't lose money. When he finally did, he took himself right out of NO and left "his peeps" to fend for themselves.

To top it off, you lefties have waged an effective smear campaign to put the majority of responsibility at Bush's feet; which, is just pure bullshit. IF the fed gov't needs to step in, it STILL requires a request from the state; which, Blanco refused to provide until Katrina was 2 miles offshore.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of horseshit in my life as what you libs have been smelling the place up with where this issue is concerned.

Maybe, just maybe the city's mayor and the state's governor should have a plan for hurricane evacuation for a city that is below sea level at low tide?

Nah. It's easier to blame Bush because ..... ummmm... he's a Republican.

Dude, you got owned. You made off like an "I told you so" bandit only to admit you have not seen the movie either. So your "opinions" are not noted as you read one article whereas the thread starter read numerous sources.?

Dude, where did I get off like a "I told you so" bandit? I was querying his sources. BTW, the bit you quoted from "my" post? That was OCA, not me.

Ever not seen a movie because it got bad reviews OR someone told you that it sucked?

Yep. But I don't go on public messageboards making dissertions about said movies having never seen them either.

I sat through the whole thing. There was plenty of race baiting, no doubt. And to say that there wasn't a racial undertone (or even overtone) to the movie is naive at best. And Nagin and Blanco and local government in general was given a massive free pass. HOWEVER, the article you cited is about as biased against the movie as the movie was against Bush. I wouldn't be surprised if the reviewer watched maybe the first 1 or 2 hours, made up his opinion, and phoned the rest of it in. His statement about no mention of private donations in the movie is outright fallacious, for one.

There were compelling parts of the documentary, like the struggle people faced to get money from insurance companies for damage, and the fact that many of the underpriveledged realized upon leaving New Orleans that they could have a much better life, hurricane or not, in other cities.

Without you seeing the movie, you don't really have a frame of reference beyond reading for reviews that pre-agree with your mindset on the issue. Beyond any of this, I didn't think it was really intellectually honest for you to not post whether or not you actually saw the movie. And then you avoided the question. Makes people wonder.

Maybe you'd watch the movie and just see racist racist racist! Most of the beginning of it is heavily coated in that... but if it's ever on again consider acts 3 and 4, I found them much better.

I will admit though, having Harry Belafonte on camera painting Hugo Chavez as this nice guy who just wanted to help out was a good laugh.

The big question would be why you would watch this thing in the first place? Didn't you live through it for the last year? You certainly can't be naive enough to believe that hack Lee would possibly come up with any facts you don't already know. That would be like the wasting of whatever they were charging at theaters to see Algore's hack piece. 4 hours??????? You could have played a nice round of golf or picked up dog shit in the yard, either would have been more compelling judging by otherworks of his.

I have given that little racist troll plenty of chances and all of his movies are the same, same acting style or lack of it, same pathetic directing, same racist garbage, same awful line delivery, same simpleton. If Spike Lee was white he would have never been allowed to make anything but a short for Youtube. He even made Denzell look bad in "The Inside Man".

The big question would be why you would watch this thing in the first place? Didn't you live through it for the last year? You certainly can't be naive enough to believe that hack Lee would possibly come up with any facts you don't already know. That would be like the wasting of whatever they were charging at theaters to see Algore's hack piece. 4 hours??????? You could have played a nice round of golf or picked up dog shit in the yard, either would have been more compelling judging by otherworks of his.

I have given that little racist troll plenty of chances and all of his movies are the same, same acting style or lack of it, same pathetic directing, same racist garbage, same awful line delivery, same simpleton. If Spike Lee was white he would have never been allowed to make anything but a short for Youtube. He even made Denzell look bad in "The Inside Man".
Ok?

Actually, I read several reviews. That's just the first one I ran across. I was actually hoping somebody who had seen the movie would post in order to give a little more info. So please go on.

Actually, I read several reviews. That's just the first one I ran across. I was actually hoping somebody who had seen the movie would post in order to give a little more info. So please go on.

Actually, I saw it last night. It was amazing. Very sad. Very powerful. It wasn't racist, though there were some speakers who only saw it from a racial perspective (which I disagree with, btw). Ultimately, though, it was about the victims and what happened to them. And while you may (heck, will....) disagree with the politics of it, it is well-worth seeing. These are voices that should be heard because it makes the tragedy human...not political, per se.

Actually, I saw it last night. It was amazing. Very sad. Very powerful. It wasn't racist, though there were some speakers who only saw it from a racial perspective (which I disagree with, btw). Ultimately, though, it was about the victims and what happened to them. And while you may (heck, will....) disagree with the politics of it, it is well-worth seeing. These are voices that should be heard because it makes the tragedy human...not political, per se.

You liberals sure are good at ignoring the facts. I think it's tragic. I think it i snot only tragic, but absurd as well that so many people can stare at a hurricane bearing down on them for over a week and do NOTHING. Even a slow person can walk out of Louisiana in a week.

I have no problem with Americans coming together to aid people in need VOLUNTARILY. It is not however, the US government's responsibility to bail people out of the consequences of their actions. THEY chose to live in a city below sea level. THEY chose to not leave. How is that "everybody's" and more specifically the US government's and even more specifically President Bush's responsibility?

What you liberals do is demand everyone be compassionate for YOUR causes, and that failing, try to lay on the guilt trips. Whatever happened to personal accountability?

Driving on the streets around here is like 4-wheeling 24-7; therefore, dangerous. I think the entire US population should repair them for us since we won't do it ourselves.

And with all the media attention on Katrina the past couple of days, it may as well have struck again.

Forum List

Back