"So Shines A Good Deed In A Weary World"

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Finally, someone not shilling for ill-gotten gain.

"Our acquisitive state politicians want over $40 billion from other states in a brazen attempt to spread the Illinois model beyond our borders.

"My Democratic state Senate colleagues garnered national attention with a letter containing this audacious request. Gov. J.B. Pritzker has separately requested billions in federal funds. The message from Illinois’ elected leaders is crystal clear: no humility, no regrets, no acknowledgment of failures, and no strings attached. American Taxpayers – bail us out!

"Don’t let it happen. Federal dollars should not prop up Illinois’ failed system.

"Sober-minded Illinoisans have long warned that the next economic wind would topple our financial house of cards. However, our leaders had other priorities. Pritzker took to the lectern for his 2020 State of the State address declaring Illinois strong and dismissing fiscal realists as “carnival barkers” and “doomsayers,” receiving thunderous approval from his allies. Now the entire nation knows we’re broke and these same politicians are pleading for a bailout."

Illinois Sen. Plummer: Coronavirus bailout – Don’t waste federal funds on my state's bankrupt system

His future reelection slogan: "I did less than nothing for Illinois".
I'm afraid this is like the Great Depression and 2008 financial crisis. There will be lots and lots of pressure on the Feds to print money rather than have govt raise taxes to pay for all the lost income during the pandemic. All the states will demand this thus providing cover for the totally irresponsible liberal states like Illinois.

Forum List

Back