SJWs Attack Tiny House Movement for Poverty Appropriation

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Yeah, I kid you not.

As if we needed more evidence that SJWs were total wack jobs anyway.

SJW Turns Against Tiny House Movement as 'Poverty Appropriation'

This background, this essential part of who I am, makes it particularly difficult to stomach the latest trend in “simple” living  -- people moving into tiny homes and trailers. How many folks, I wonder, who have engaged in the Tiny House Movement have ever actually lived in a tiny, mobile place? Because what those who can afford homes call “living light,” poor folks call “gratitude for what we’ve got.”

And it’s not just the Tiny House Movement that incites my discontent. From dumpster diving to trailer-themed bars to haute cuisine in the form of poor-household staples, it’s become trendy for those with money to appropriate the poverty lifestyle  -- and it troubles me for one simple reason. Choice.

[...]

It’s likely, from where I sit, that this back-to-nature and boxed-up simplicity is not being marketed to people like me, who come from simplicity and heightened knowledge of poverty, but to people who have not wanted for creature comforts. For them to try on, glamorize, identify with.

Such appropriation isn’t limited to the Tiny House trend, or even to the idea of simplicity. In major cities, people who come from high-income backgrounds flock to bars and restaurants that both appropriate, and mock, low-income communities. Perhaps the most egregious example is San Francisco’s Butter Bar, a trendy outpost that prides itself on being a true-blue, trailer park-themed bar, serving up the best in “trashy” cuisine and cocktails.​

Wat? I thought SJWs were the same idiot dirty hippie types that would like to buy a tiny house and plant it in someone's back yard.

I am confuzzled now. :eusa_shifty:

PS: Eating cheap may enable one to acquire wealth.

My friend and me were talking about going to Colorado and opening a restaurant.

One that serves Southern breakfasts and lunches.

They're just a bunch of stupid neurotics. Don't expect sanity or emotional control from the vermin.

Yeah, all I can think of is 'This is the product of our nations dysfunctional public educational system.'

They're just a bunch of stupid neurotics. Don't expect sanity or emotional control from the vermin.

Yeah, all I can think of is 'This is the product of our nations dysfunctional public educational system.'

And having stupid neurotic parents enabling them and encouraging them to be idiots.

Shoulda whooped that ass and been real about it.

Leave it to Beaver had the right idea, IMO.

Damn shame he never had no black friends like happens in real life.

The life lessons are the same, and I guarantee good black parents use them too.

Little Rascals had it right. ;)

Progtards like to ban that one.

PS: Eating cheap may enable one to acquire wealth. My friend and me were talking about going to Colorado and opening a restaurant. One that serves Southern breakfasts and lunches.

Well, that would be "feeding" cheap -- the stuff of a typical Southern breakfast (not including garnishes and decorations) generally has among the lowest going food costs of just about any style of cuisine -- but as owners of the place, yes, you'd likely, and often, also eat well but quite inexpensively...everyone who owns a "proper" restaurant generally does, after all.

PS: Eating cheap may enable one to acquire wealth. My friend and me were talking about going to Colorado and opening a restaurant. One that serves Southern breakfasts and lunches.

Well, that would be "feeding" cheap -- the stuff of a typical Southern breakfast (not including garnishes and decorations) generally has among the lowest going food costs of just about any style of cuisine -- but as owners of the place, yes, you'd likely, and often, also eat well but quite inexpensively...everyone who owns a "proper" restaurant generally does, after all.

Yeah uhh, you couldn't put a decent Southern breakfast together if your life depended on it.

You're better off not speaking of things outside your realm of expertise, ok?

Ok, you have a vocabulary.

Whip me up some biscuits and gravy.

They eat much poorer choices in just about every section of the country.

Don't forget the eggs on top, do you know how they're supposed to be cooked?

Of course you don't.

STFU on this subject.

Furthermore that wasn't what I meant.

Way to miss the point, fella.

Yeah uhh, you couldn't put a decent Southern breakfast together if your life depended on it.

Of course you don't.

STFU on this subject.

Dude, I live in D.C. I grew up in D.C. My ancestors in both my parent's family fought for the CSA in the the Civil War. I grew up with cans of bacon grease and sausage grease in the fridge. "Crawdads" and grits were regular breakfast items.

Biscuits made from any milk other than buttermilk is just bread. Why does anyone pay extra for nonstick cookware when nothing sticks to a cast iron skillet to begin with as long as you know what you're doing when you cook with it? Although if you got momma riled, your face, butt or whatever would stick to bottom of it when she hit you with a hot one.

Of course you don't.

STFU on this subject.

Dude, I live in D.C. I grew up in D.C. My ancestors in both my parent's family fought for the CSA in the the Civil War. I grew up with cans of bacon grease and sausage grease in the fridge. "Crawdads" and grits were regular breakfast items.

Biscuits made from any milk other than buttermilk is just bread. Why does anyone pay extra for nonstick cookware when nothing sticks to a cast iron skillet to begin with as long as you know what you're doing when you cook with it? Although if you got momma riled, your face, butt or whatever would stick to bottom of it when she hit you with a hot one.

Aight, aight, I ain't mad. It could win in Colorado.

They ain't never seen nothing like that there. There may be a few in the Northeast.

I ain't saying we're doing it. We both have a lot going on for us here.

Nothing wrong with making things better, though. :)

They eat baloney biscuits or something out there.

Are you black?

Yeah, I kid you not.

This background, this essential part of who I am, makes it particularly difficult to stomach the latest trend in “simple” living  -- people moving into tiny homes and trailers. How many folks, I wonder, who have engaged in the Tiny House Movement have ever actually lived in a tiny, mobile place? Because what those who can afford homes call “living light,” poor folks call “gratitude for what we’ve got.”

And it’s not just the Tiny House Movement that incites my discontent. From dumpster diving to trailer-themed bars to haute cuisine in the form of poor-household staples, it’s become trendy for those with money to appropriate the poverty lifestyle  -- and it troubles me for one simple reason. Choice.

[...]

It’s likely, from where I sit, that this back-to-nature and boxed-up simplicity is not being marketed to people like me, who come from simplicity and heightened knowledge of poverty, but to people who have not wanted for creature comforts. For them to try on, glamorize, identify with.

Such appropriation isn’t limited to the Tiny House trend, or even to the idea of simplicity. In major cities, people who come from high-income backgrounds flock to bars and restaurants that both appropriate, and mock, low-income communities. Perhaps the most egregious example is San Francisco’s Butter Bar, a trendy outpost that prides itself on being a true-blue, trailer park-themed bar, serving up the best in “trashy” cuisine and cocktails.​

FOR RENT: YOUR VERY OWN AGENDA 21 “SHOEBOX” APARTMENT
While some people are still debating whether or not the United Nations’ Agenda 21 plan is real, major cities all over the country are about to offer more proof of its implementation in the form of tiny, “shoebox-style” housing units barely big enough for one person to live in.

New York and Boston are already beta testing itty bitty apartments, and yesterday the LA Times reported that San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors is considering official revisions to the city’s building code to allow for even less living space.

If approved, the new quarters — branded as “affordable by design” — would drop minimum housing code requirements to a mere 220 square feet from 290, only 150 of which could be considered actual living space (unless sleeping in a closet counts). To give some perspective on just how small 220 square feet of space really is, the inside of an average school bus is approximately 250 square feet. A person’s entire apartment would be small enough to fit inside the bus — bathroom, kitchen, and closet included. This vision of an austere lifestyle could hardly accommodate one person, let alone someone with a spouse, children, or pets.

While such housing is designed to..................................................

For Rent: Your Very Own Agenda 21 “Shoebox” Apartment
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And people can't decode shit, all they see is what is right in front of them not having a freaking clue what the real agenda. The more information you try to give them the more the idiots say " Not true" it's a kook site" that's a conspiracy" ........................ And they just don't get what MSM feeds them no matter what you try to tell them.

Yeah, I kid you not.

[...]

FOR RENT: YOUR VERY OWN AGENDA 21 “SHOEBOX” APARTMENT
While some people are still debating whether or not the United Nations’ Agenda 21 plan is real, major cities all over the country are about to offer more proof of its implementation in the form of tiny, “shoebox-style” housing units barely big enough for one person to live in.

New York and Boston are already beta testing itty bitty apartments, and yesterday the LA Times reported that San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors is considering official revisions to the city’s building code to allow for even less living space.

If approved, the new quarters — branded as “affordable by design” — would drop minimum housing code requirements to a mere 220 square feet from 290, only 150 of which could be considered actual living space (unless sleeping in a closet counts). To give some perspective on just how small 220 square feet of space really is, the inside of an average school bus is approximately 250 square feet. A person’s entire apartment would be small enough to fit inside the bus — bathroom, kitchen, and closet included. This vision of an austere lifestyle could hardly accommodate one person, let alone someone with a spouse, children, or pets.

While such housing is designed to..................................................

For Rent: Your Very Own Agenda 21 “Shoebox” Apartment
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And people can't decode shit, all they see is what is right in front of them not having a freaking clue what the real agenda. The more information you try to give them the more the idiots say " Not true" it's a kook site" that's a conspiracy" ........................ And they just don't get what MSM feeds them no matter what you try to tell them.

upload_2017-4-26_20-16-6.png

Of course you don't.

STFU on this subject.

Aight, aight, I ain't mad. It could win in Colorado.

They ain't never seen nothing like that there. There may be a few in the Northeast.

I ain't saying we're doing it. We both have a lot going on for us here.

Nothing wrong with making things better, though. :)

They eat baloney biscuits or something out there.

Are you black?
Are you black?
No. Growing up, my parents' "housekeeper, cook, and babysitter for me" was. She, along with my parents, taught me many a useful lesson, and not just in the kitchen.

Of course you don't.

STFU on this subject.

That means you have that gross DC/ MD accent.
Pitcher bain soot owen. We're goon danny ayshun to Ayshun City.
( Put your bathing suit on. We're going down to the ocean to Ocean City.)

It could win in Colorado.
It likely could. They'd likely "bitch and moan" about how unhealthy Southern cooking is, but they wouldn't complain about the taste.

I have a colleague who lives in Niwot, CO. They have plenty of "gucci" places to eat there, but not one Southern restaurant.

Denver, I'm told, has a handful of decent Southern restaurants, though the report I got about one of them is that the food was definitely tasty enough, but the collard greens were a touch too bitter, though otherwise good. I'm sure you have your "secrets" for collards just as I do, and though nobody else makes them quite the same, they don't have to because you still know good collards when you get them.

My "read" on that is that they either went to the wrong place or Denver needs another Southern restaurant because I feel that if one can't "thrown down" on some collard greens, there's bound to be more one can't "throw down" on. After all, how hard is it to "put some good stuff in a pot" with leaves and let it simmer for long time until it tastes real good?

I myself live in a tiny house and have lived small for over a decade. The idea is not a matter of living large or small. It's a matter of living well. Living simple or small in size means more money to live healthy or drive a nicer rig. I have not had to buy anything on credit for ten years.

When I decided I needed to collect something I started with my change. I measure my change by pounds or five gallon buckets. A few years ago I stopped spending my ones and by this time next year I should have a five gallon bucket of them. Living simple or small frees overhead to invest in self.

Is that not the wisest investment of all?

Fury

Wat? I thought SJWs were the same idiot dirty hippie types that would like to buy a tiny house and plant it in someone's back yard.

I am confuzzled now. :eusa_shifty:

PS: Eating cheap may enable one to acquire wealth.

My friend and me were talking about going to Colorado and opening a restaurant.

One that serves Southern breakfasts and lunches.
Forget the grits!

Forum List

Back