Should The Left Just Admit They Don't Support The Troops?

Gabriella84 said:
Yes, I must now admit that I don't support the troops. I don't want them to do their jobs in Iraq.
Instead, I would rather they come home and not get shot at. I don't want them to keep fighting a war that they have no chance of winning. I would much rather have Johnny hand off his rifle to Ali and say "dude, it's your country, you defend it. You have the supplies and training. We're outta here."
Instead, I am sure you will see Bush out there urging American to stay the course.

With optimism like yours, it’s no wonder that no liberal social program has ever worked. It sometimes takes faith to make the world a better place and I am not talking religiously either.

Max Power said:
Should the right just admit they hate blacks, gays, and muslims?

Oh! I thought we were making stupid generalizations.

Preponderance. The actions of the left in supporting the troops, which does include their 'missions' is in the public record.

The actions of the 'right' in your generalization are not. However I will grant that 'hate' groups/individuals of your categories tend to come from what is perceived or has been defined as the 'right', but in any case, they are condemned by the overwhelming majority of the 'right.' Which is not true on the 'left' with the troops.

Kathianne said:
Preponderance. The actions of the left in supporting the troops, which does include their 'missions' is in the public record.

The actions of the 'right' in your generalization are not. However I will grant that 'hate' groups/individuals of your categories tend to come from what is perceived or has been defined as the 'right', but in any case, they are condemned by the overwhelming majority of the 'right.' Which is not true on the 'left' with the troops.

Tell me, what exactly did "the left" say? And when did "the left" say it?
If it's on public record, let's see it.

Max Power said:
Should the right just admit they hate blacks, gays, and muslims?

Oh! I thought we were making stupid generalizations.

Does the right hate blacks, gays and muslims? I have seen only rhetoric to support such belief. Perhaps you could educate me by providing facts to support the statement?

deaddude said:
Fine I will take his three examples

Now Lets look at what peaceful solutions have accomplished: Civil rights movement in the US, End of the Partite in South Africa, removing British control of India, and the removal of Diem from Vietnam among others.

Pardon me bub, but Diem was killed during a US supported military coup d'etat on November 1st,1963. Hardly a "peaceful" solution. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngo_Dinh_Diem

Not only that but you don't know dogsquat about non-violent opposition. Took a course on it in college and it only works in certain situations wherein the party being opposed is humane, usually a western society (Britain, S. Africa, US), and where the party in opposition doesn't just light your ass up with machine guns and tanks (See Tiananmen Square). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

Woo pig shitty opinion. How are things on the hill these days?

Max Power said:
Tell me, what exactly did "the left" say? And when did "the left" say it?
If it's on public record, let's see it.

no problem.While I do that, let's see your backup, bub!

Kathianne said:

So eloquently stated!!! :bow3:

I wonder if Michael Savage has video footage of Gitmo as well. Probably not.

I am sure there are videos out there showing all sorts of atrocities. The government is good at that stuff. I am still waiting for Osama to unleash Godzilla on New York.

Abbey Normal said:
Exactly.

As husband leaves for work in the morning, we hear the wife say:

"Honey, you know how much I hate the firm you work for, and how much I despise the work you are doing for it. It's wrong and completely immoral. In fact, I have zero respect for your boss, who I think is a total idiot and should be fired immediately. I wish he would lose all the contracts he currently has, and the company would fold. Oh, but I do support you, dear. Have a great day at work!"

:bsflag:

It's not really that simple. Hating the individual and hating the action are two very different things. Beside your reference is not really analogous. A buisnessman and someone who is serving in the army for a defined term of service are not really bound to their respective masters in the same way. If you dont like you boss or your husband you can leave those people. When you are in the army you are in for a while and you serve and follow orders. I agree that it is difficult for many people to accept that supporting our troops is more that just something thrown around verbatim in Washington, however. Asking about the reasons for war and calling our troops babykillers is not the same thing. Democrats who criticize the administration are simply politicians,people who criticize the troops by making broad inflammatory comments i.e "babykillers" are the ones who dont support our troops.

ThomasPaine said:
deaddude said:
Fine I will take his three examples

Pardon me bub, but Diem was killed during a US supported military coup

Now what caused Diems support from the US to Collapse (we did install him after all), we did nothing through every single one of his very anti-Buddist policies, until Buddists staged this protest.

Prochnau02.jpg

Not only that but you don't know dogsquat about non-violent opposition. Took a course on it in college and it only works in certain situations wherein the party being opposed is humane, usually a western society (Britain, S. Africa, US), and where the party in opposition doesn't just light your ass up with machine guns and tanks (See Tiananmen Square).

Also I realize that nonviolent protests do not always work and are not efficient in some situations, the same holds true for War. Would violent opposition have stood a chance of removing the British from India, Would Malcom X's way have been as successful and King's, the answer is no.

Gimme an F…
Gimme a U…
Gimme a C…
Gimme a K…

What’s that spell?
What’s that spell?
What’s that spell?
What’s that spell?
What’s that spell?

yeah, c’mon on all you big strong men
Uncle Sam needs your help again
he’s got himself in a terrible jam
Learned no lesson from Vietnam
so put down your books and pick up a gun
we’re gonna have a whole lot of fun

and it’s 1, 2, 3, what’re we fighting for?
don’t ask me, I don’t care the least
next stop is the middle east
and it’s 5, 6, 7, open up the pearly gates
well there ain’t no time to wonder why
whoopee! we’re all gonna die

well c’mon generals, let’s move fast
your big chance has come at last
gotta go out and kill a rag head
the only good one is one who’s dead
and you know that peace can only be won
when we’ve blown ‘em all to kingdom come

chorus

well c’mon on Wall Street
don’t be slow
why this is war a-go-go
there’s plenty good money to be made
by supplin’ the Army with the tools of the trade
just hope and pray that if we drop some bombs
they drop it where we'll kill some moms

chorus

c’mon mothers gotta slay the beast
pack your kids off to the Middle East
c’mon pops, don’t hesitate
send ‘em off before it’s too late
be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a box

don’t ask me, I don’t give a damn.

Gabriella84 said:
Gimme an F…
Gimme a U…
Gimme a C…
Gimme a K…

What’s that spell?
What’s that spell?
What’s that spell?
What’s that spell?
What’s that spell?

yeah, c’mon on all you big strong men
Uncle Sam needs your help again
he’s got himself in a terrible jam
Learned no lesson from Vietnam
so put down your books and pick up a gun
we’re gonna have a whole lot of fun

don’t ask me, I don’t care the least
next stop is the middle east
and it’s 5, 6, 7, open up the pearly gates
well there ain’t no time to wonder why
whoopee! we’re all gonna die

well c’mon generals, let’s move fast
your big chance has come at last
gotta go out and kill a rag head
the only good one is one who’s dead
and you know that peace can only be won
when we’ve blown ‘em all to kingdom come

chorus

well c’mon on Wall Street
don’t be slow
why this is war a-go-go
there’s plenty good money to be made
by supplin’ the Army with the tools of the trade
just hope and pray that if we drop some bombs
they drop it where we'll kill some moms

chorus

c’mon mothers gotta slay the beast
pack your kids off to the Middle East
c’mon pops, don’t hesitate
send ‘em off before it’s too late
be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a box

don’t ask me, I don’t give a damn.

This song is a slap in the face to everyone wearing a uniform. Who wrote this and where can I get a good, clean shot of him?

Hobbit said:
This song is a slap in the face to everyone wearing a uniform. Who wrote this and where can I get a good, clean shot of him?

The original song came form the 60's a fave mantra for anti-war protestors and it goes "123 what are we figthing for don't ask me I don't give damn let's stop this Vietnam" or something like that, she changed the words to update it to the Middle East.

Forum List

Back