Shots Fired Inside Canadian Parliament

One more:

Cpl. Nathan Cirillo pictured on the left, minutes before he was shot at the War Memorial today.

572d5abc-1b70-42ba-9ff2-feac5096ef4c_500.jpg

Question: are those rifles more than props...and if so are the mags at least loaded?

not loaded pretty much in a gun free zone

"gun free zones" usually don't include government personnel authorized to be armed. I asked the question because the rifles carried at our own Tomb of the Unknown Soldier are unloaded props. I imagine it's the same there, but I don't make assumptions based on my imagination. ;)

One more:

Cpl. Nathan Cirillo pictured on the left, minutes before he was shot at the War Memorial today.

Question: are those rifles more than props...and if so are the mags at least loaded?

"gun free zones" usually don't include government personnel authorized to be armed. I asked the question because the rifles carried at our own Tomb of the Unknown Soldier are unloaded props. I imagine it's the same there, but I don't make assumptions based on my imagination. ;)

they are not loaded and there is no ammo

google it

One more:

google it

Then both our governments should get their asses kicked for forcing men to walk their posts without the means to defend those posts.

...Then both our governments should get their asses kicked for forcing men to walk their posts without the means to defend those posts.
Or, alternatively, both our governments should get their asses kicked for continuing to allow such a thing, now that an incident like this has occurred.

Some details, controls, protocols, policies, etc., would have to be worked-out fairly quickly, but that's just detail - and do-able - if the need and the will is there to do it.

Let's hope that the command authorities for those folks are looking into this seriously as we speak.

One more:

google it

Then both our governments should get their asses kicked for forcing men to walk their posts without the means to defend those posts.

indeed

From the funeral, courtesy of the Toronto Star:

It was a hat just like his dad’s, a special gift from his father’s regiment — the kind given when there are simply no words, least of all for a 5-year-old child.

With its distinctive red-and-white checker pattern, the Glengarry cap was the same type his dad proudly wore with Hamilton’s Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, the one that topped the uniform of 24-year-old Cpl. Nathan Cirillo as he guarded the National War Memorial, the one that would soon be placed on the soldier’s coffin.

And so Marcus Cirillo, dressed in a child-size suit with a poppy pinned to his lapel, donned the hat just like his dad’s, then bravely marched through Hamilton’s streets as he, and the country now watching, said goodbye Tuesday.

rl_cirillo_funeral_06jpg.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

No one who can replace the man described as a “kid at heart,” the person who was not just Marcus’ dad, but his friend, said relative Jenny Holland.

But where Cirillo once found a strong, united family so, too, will his son. Fellow Argylls will step up, assures longtime friend and fellow soldier Ryan Weinberger, one of Cirillo’s pallbearers. They’ll take Marcus to the park, out for dinner. They’ll be there for him.

The regiment family, Weinberger said, “only gets stronger when members pass away.”

“We’re not only family,” said Lt.-Col. Lawrence Hatfield, commanding officer of the Argylls. “We’re a clan.”

After the ceremony, as a hearse prepared to take Cirillo’s body away, Marcus was buckled into the backseat of a nearby car, and the crowd gathered outside the church yelled in through the car’s open window. “We love your dad,” someone said.

Marcus perked up, his eyes peeking over the edge of window, out from under the hat just like his dad’s.

He lifted his hand and waved a small Canadian flag.​

Forum List

Back