Shepard Smith, FoxNews personality, misleads audience about spread of Ebola virus

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Today on FoxNews, Shepard Smith stated as fact that a person without showing symptoms of Ebola cannot infect other persons. He needs to stop offering unsubstantiated opinions as fact.

In regard to this question see: Ebola victims without symptoms can still be contagious

10/08/2014

”NEW YORK – A group of German medical doctors in a peer-reviewed medical journal article published by Oxford University Press have challenged a key assumption regarding the Ebola virus repeatedly asserted by Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.”

Will Shepard Smith recant his unsubstantiated opinion? Time will tell.

JWK

Have you guys caught it yet? Will you catch it anytime soon? Nope. Unless you do, I wouldn't be worried about it. I am becoming increasingly convinced that fear has taken place of reason, and as such people tend to sensationalize issues such as this. That leads to some blowing it out of proportion.

May I politely ask you two to simmer down?

Today on FoxNews, Shepard Smith stated as fact that a person without showing symptoms of Ebola cannot infect other persons. He needs to stop offering unsubstantiated opinions as fact.

In regard to this question see: Ebola victims without symptoms can still be contagious

10/08/2014

”NEW YORK – A group of German medical doctors in a peer-reviewed medical journal article published by Oxford University Press have challenged a key assumption regarding the Ebola virus repeatedly asserted by Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.”

Will Shepard Smith recant his unsubstantiated opinion? Time will tell.

JWK
If they give a blood transfusion.

Have you guys caught it yet? Will you catch it anytime soon? Nope. Unless you do, I wouldn't be worried about it. I am becoming increasingly convinced that fear has taken place of reason, and as such people tend to sensationalize issues such as this. That leads to some blowing it out of proportion.

May I politely ask you two to simmer down?

Discussing how the Ebola virus may be spread is sensationalizing the issue?

There is still uncertainty if a person having the Ebola virus who shows no symptoms can spread the virus to another individual. On the other hand, the Flu, HIV, measles, mumps, rubella, and a few others viruses can be spread by a person showing no signs of the disease. This fact gives good cause to suspect the Ebola virus may likewise be spread by a person showing no symptoms who has the virus, and thus, precautionary measures ought to be taken with reference to a suspect class which may have contracted the virus.

Why not err on the side of caution when there is uncertainty as to how the virus may be spread?

JWK

A vote for a Democrat Senator this election is a vote to keep Harry Reid, Obama’s henchman, in power!

Forum List

Back