Senator Cruz: One of the Smartest, Most Educated Persons to Ever Run for President?

at least Cruz knows how many states there are. too bad it wasnt a Cruz/Obama debate in 2012.

It's hilarious that righties have to reach back into 2008, seven years ago, to misrepresent a bit of sarcasm Obama made to the crowd on one of his campaign stops.

Bitch, please. Is it REALLY your contention that one needs to go back seven years for the last such gaffe by Obumbler?

Face facts. The man is an idiot.

Senator Ted Cruz may be among the smartest and best educated persons to ever run for president. Consider:

* He attended a private elementary school and high school and graduated from high school as the class valedictorian.

* He began formally studying economics when he joined the Free Market Education Foundation--at the age of 13.

* He earned a bachelor’s degree in public policy and graduated cum laude from Princeton University.

* While he was at Princeton, he won the top speaker award at the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. That same year, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year.

* In 1995, he was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, which made him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship. Princeton's debate team later honored him by naming their annual novice championship after him.

* Next, he attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude and at the top of his class in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

* While at Harvard, he was selected to be a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. And, unlike when Obama was “selected” to be the HLR editor, the selection committee did not have to lower the selection standards to enable Cruz to be selected. (As most here know, Obama was only named HLR editor after the selection committee lowered the selection standards; otherwise, he would not have even qualified for consideration.)

* Regarding Cruz’s performance as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant." (Incidentally, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who spent hours interviewing Cruz, has likewise said that Cruz is a very smart man.)

* While at Harvard, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.

* After graduating from Harvard, he served as a law clerk to Judge J. Michael Luttig of the Fourth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and then for Chief Justice William Rehnquist of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the first Hispanic to clerk for a SCOTUS Chief Justice.

Cruz also has an impressive resume in terms of professional achievement and public service. Consider:

* Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

* From 2003 to 2008 he served as Solicitor General of Texas. As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court nine times, winning five of his cases.

* Cruz has authored 70 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including, as mentioned, nine before the Supreme Court.

* It should be mentioned that Cruz's record of arguing before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas and any current member of Congress.

* Cruz has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century by Texas Lawyer.

Whether all this means that Cruz would be the best candidate to run against the Democratic nominee is another question.

Both sides like to portray the other as stupid, dumb, poorly informed, hollow, etc., and in some cases those labels are justified, but no rational person can believe such things about Cruz. Clearly, Cruz is very smart and very well educated.
Link showing standards were lowered for Obama?
Odd that that you're excited about Cruz's success at Ivy League Schools, while the Right often belittles education.
Cruz is playing dumb about science in order to satisfy the teabaggers.

^ another canard by the left wing polemicists. The right VALUEs actual education. What we mock is the faux "education" of the left wing "liberal education" elites who replace true education with left-wing propaganda.

Obumbler was a Harvard law student who was editor of the Harvard Law Review. I have NO personal knowledge of whether any standard got lowered to get him that spot. But I do know we are not permitted to see any hint of his academic record. He has published. Not one but TWO autobiographies -- albeit before he was worthy of any autobiography. But in no academic realm has he ever been published. In no court of law did he ever file any appellate brief. As a lawyer it is possible he set foot in a courthouse or two. Maybe. But I haven't seen the record of that. Compared to Cruz, Obumbler HAD NO public record. He "taught" constitutional law, but not AS a professor. No no. Don't be fooled. He was a lecturer. Having actual credentials and expertise was clearly not a job requirement.

Funny that in opposing Cruz, suddenly you pontificating gas bags on the left suddenly place no stock in his demonstrably solid (brilliant) academic and real world record.
Thanks for admitting that standards weren't lowered for Obama. Making stuff up doesn't make it so.

If he is so smart how come he does so much stupid stuff?

If Obama was a Constitutional Scholar, why doesn't he obey the Constitution? Why does he do everything to ignore it?

He objects to the "charter of negative rights."

He's a fucking clueless self serving typically smarmy liberal who only values such "rights" as suit him and his goals.
The answer I am getting for the question I asked about why Cruz does such stupid stuff is that it is Obama's fault because some folks have an opinion that he allegedly doesn't follow the constitution. That is why Cruz does stupid stuff. Well, at least we agree about the Cruz doing stupid stuff part. The reason might be a little iffy. Could just be.........BENGHAZI!!!

Senator Ted Cruz may be among the smartest and best educated persons to ever run for president. Consider:

* He attended a private elementary school and high school and graduated from high school as the class valedictorian.

* He began formally studying economics when he joined the Free Market Education Foundation--at the age of 13.

* He earned a bachelor’s degree in public policy and graduated cum laude from Princeton University.

* While he was at Princeton, he won the top speaker award at the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. That same year, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year.

* In 1995, he was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, which made him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship. Princeton's debate team later honored him by naming their annual novice championship after him.

* Next, he attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude and at the top of his class in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

* While at Harvard, he was selected to be a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. And, unlike when Obama was “selected” to be the HLR editor, the selection committee did not have to lower the selection standards to enable Cruz to be selected. (As most here know, Obama was only named HLR editor after the selection committee lowered the selection standards; otherwise, he would not have even qualified for consideration.)

* Regarding Cruz’s performance as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant." (Incidentally, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who spent hours interviewing Cruz, has likewise said that Cruz is a very smart man.)

* While at Harvard, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.

* After graduating from Harvard, he served as a law clerk to Judge J. Michael Luttig of the Fourth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and then for Chief Justice William Rehnquist of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the first Hispanic to clerk for a SCOTUS Chief Justice.

Cruz also has an impressive resume in terms of professional achievement and public service. Consider:

* Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

* From 2003 to 2008 he served as Solicitor General of Texas. As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court nine times, winning five of his cases.

* Cruz has authored 70 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including, as mentioned, nine before the Supreme Court.

* It should be mentioned that Cruz's record of arguing before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas and any current member of Congress.

* Cruz has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century by Texas Lawyer.

Whether all this means that Cruz would be the best candidate to run against the Democratic nominee is another question.

Both sides like to portray the other as stupid, dumb, poorly informed, hollow, etc., and in some cases those labels are justified, but no rational person can believe such things about Cruz. Clearly, Cruz is very smart and very well educated.
Link showing standards were lowered for Obama?
Odd that that you're excited about Cruz's success at Ivy League Schools, while the Right often belittles education.
Cruz is playing dumb about science in order to satisfy the teabaggers.

^ another canard by the left wing polemicists. The right VALUEs actual education. What we mock is the faux "education" of the left wing "liberal education" elites who replace true education with left-wing propaganda.

Obumbler was a Harvard law student who was editor of the Harvard Law Review. I have NO personal knowledge of whether any standard got lowered to get him that spot. But I do know we are not permitted to see any hint of his academic record. He has published. Not one but TWO autobiographies -- albeit before he was worthy of any autobiography. But in no academic realm has he ever been published. In no court of law did he ever file any appellate brief. As a lawyer it is possible he set foot in a courthouse or two. Maybe. But I haven't seen the record of that. Compared to Cruz, Obumbler HAD NO public record. He "taught" constitutional law, but not AS a professor. No no. Don't be fooled. He was a lecturer. Having actual credentials and expertise was clearly not a job requirement.

Funny that in opposing Cruz, suddenly you pontificating gas bags on the left suddenly place no stock in his demonstrably solid (brilliant) academic and real world record.
Thanks for admitting that standards weren't lowered for Obama. Making stuff up doesn't make it so.

I didn't "admit" it. But I don't profess it either. What I said was that I have no knowledge of it having (allegedly) been done.

If Obama was a Constitutional Scholar, why doesn't he obey the Constitution? Why does he do everything to ignore it?

He's a fucking clueless self serving typically smarmy liberal who only values such "rights" as suit him and his goals.
The answer I am getting for the question I asked about why Cruz does such stupid stuff is that it is Obama's fault because some folks have an opinion that he allegedly doesn't follow the constitution. That is why Cruz does stupid stuff. Well, at least we agree about the Cruz doing stupid stuff part. The reason might be a little iffy. Could just be.........BENGHAZI!!!

I am not tracking whatever it is you are attempting to say. You are quite unclear.

What 'stupid' stuff is it you claim that Cruz has done?

Try being concise and specific.

Cruz wants to repeal Obamacare to the letter. That's 20 million Americans losing healthcare.

Sell that in the general election.

Nonsense. Getting rid of the worthless and overly expensive ObumblerCareless will be a net gain for all Americans.

Like all the jobs it was supposed to kill? Ha.

U.S. adds most new jobs in nearly 3 years
Published: Dec 5, 2014
U.S. adds most new jobs in nearly 3 years - MarketWatch

MW-DA862_jobs_r_20141205090452_ZH.jpg

Last edited:
Cruz wants to repeal Obamacare to the letter. That's 20 million Americans losing healthcare.

Nonsense. Getting rid of the worthless and overly expensive ObumblerCareless will be a net gain for all Americans.

There is no propaganda you will not devour.

I am not tracking whatever it is you are attempting to say. You are quite unclear.

What 'stupid' stuff is it you claim that Cruz has done?

Try being concise and specific.
I asked a simple question. If Cruz is so smart, why does he do such stupid stuff. The question was deflected with an answer that Obama didn't follow the constitution and you joined in by continuing the deflection instead of answering my question. You quoted my post. Why does Cruz do stupid stuff is a pretty clear question.

at least Cruz knows how many states there are. too bad it wasnt a Cruz/Obama debate in 2012.

It's hilarious that righties have to reach back into 2008, seven years ago, to misrepresent a bit of sarcasm Obama made to the crowd on one of his campaign stops.

Bitch, please. Is it REALLY your contention that one needs to go back seven years for the last such gaffe by Obumbler?

Face facts. The man is an idiot.

Excuse me, bitch, but I was responding to this, idiot.
Need help getting those feathers out of your mouth?

""Rexx Taylor, post: 11066011, member: 52839"]at least Cruz knows how many states there are. too bad it wasnt a Cruz/Obama debate in 2012."""

Keys is morally insane, guys, just remember that as you converse with him.
Sillly you. One can disagree with some things said by "keys" without accepting YOUR idiotic baseless contention that he is morally insane (whatever the fuck that even is supposed to mean).Let's not forget that YOU are a known entity, Fakey. You almost completely lack honesty. Your opinions, accordingly, lack any weight.Tell us that story again about how "you" are a "Republican.":lol:
We all know that you are a far right reactionary who has no problem fabricating when you need to. However, you are not morally insane, just motivated by criminal intent for gain. Unlike you, Keys could easily justify death if he thought it would facilitate his cause. We in the mainstream have no trouble controlling your ilk at all now. The last election showed that as we see the far right being contained by the leadership in Congress. Keys, on the other hand, is uncontrollable and will cause much damage before he finishes himself off with his own actions. Nonetheless, the mainstream GOP will survive the likes of both of you.

No. None of us "know" what you make false claims about. You say shit even you don't believe.

Fuck sake, Fakey. You say shit you know is false and then expect to be taken seriously on ANY other topic. You are an absurdity.

Damn, lass. You are one dumb bitch.

When an asshole like you calls me a "reactionary," it reveals that you would be using the proper term "Conservative" if you were honest -- and capable of honest discussion. But you aren't. So that's kind of out of the question.

The balance of your post is just more of your meaningless babble. You speak of "keys" as though you had the first honest clue as to his thought process or hold on integrity. Since you have NO honesty in you, that too is a silly matter for discourse.

You are dismissed yet again, Fakey. You once again EARNED the handle "Fakey."

The Republic will withstand the irrational "thinking" and aspirations of you far left wing radical "liberal" vermin.
Your ad homs add nothing but a silly flavor of your thought vernacular, bub.

You all know I am mainstream Republican and that you are not.

You are a reactionary (one who reacts to change in improper and violent manner) as opposed to a conservative, who takes a thoughtful approach to preserve the good of the past with the inevitability of what the future brings.

I do recognize Keys, based on his language, as morally insane.

The Republic, while having no need of your kind, Ilar, will survive your nonsense, move ahead, while you remain but an insignificant foot note in history.

Can't argue when facts are put in front of your ignorant face, I see.

You're content to post nothing but drive-by one liners. You add nothing to this thread except your wobbly ego, reinforced by your fantasy avatar. I bet you're really about 5'5" and have a wife who makes you vacuum the rugs.

Last edited:

Cruz has already signaled with his own suggestions (much more reasonable than I would have suspected) that health care for the poor must be under a federal mandate. He will massage as much as he is permitted, but health care and the federal government are now joined at the hip.

Can't argue when facts are put in front of your ignorant face, I see.

You're content to post nothing but drive-by one liners. You add nothing to this thread except your wobbly ego, reinforced by your fantasy avatar. I bet you're really about 5'5" and have a wife that makes you vacuum the rugs.

ROFLMNAO!

HEY LOOK KIDS! THE US ADDED MORE JOBS THAN IT DID THREE YEARS AGO!

LOL!

Of course three years ago, was among the worst economic performance in US History; much as were the three years prior to that. So basically what it is desperate to celebrate is pitiful job growth which, if sound economic policy had been instituted, would have occurred 24 qrtrs ago.

In short, an academic with no business experience, and never had to meet a payroll, everything the Right say is wrong with Obama.
Go figure!

Conservatives admire in Cruz what they say they hate in Obama. What does that say about conservatives?

So you feel that Cruz is a Muslim Insurgent working as the President of the US, aiding the enemies of the United States and promoting their interests beyond any alternative explanation?

I gotta be honest, I haven't noticed that particular trait... can ya give an example of that?

If the 4 judges who ruled Obamacare was unconstitutional are constitutional scholars, why won't they obey the Constitution?

That would be Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito. Why do they hate the Constitution?

If the 4 judges who ruled Obamacare was unconstitutional are constitutional scholars, why won't they obey the Constitution?

That would be Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito. Why do they hate the Constitution?

ROFLMNAO!

Proving once again that the Ideological Left is comprised exclusively of children and fools...

Forum List

Back