Selling guns -

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
I AM NOT OFFERING TO SELL THESE GUNS HERE ON THIS BOARD.
I got the OK to post this from admin.

I've got another three guns II want to sell but I'm looking to find best price. I've looked at a bunch of sites but not really found what I would think would be a good what to go. Okay, so here's what I'm sellig --

Colt Magnum carry with case and holster. Fired once
IMG_0807.JPG

Ruger 22 Carbine Serial #238-65388 made in 1994?
IMG_0799.JPG

And thiis one whiich is a mystery to me. I do not know what this is but the scope is Scope Lyman Gun Sight Corp with ASKAN, as in ALASKAN on it.
IMG_0804.JPG
And a lot of ammo --
IMG_0814.JPG

And then there's this -
IMG_0811.JPG

all comments welcome.

The Colt Magnum Carry used runs around $875, new upwards of $1400. I've seen them advertised for as much as $2800 but those appear to sit unsold. The demand is slacking up, I have a Norinco shotgun I could have sold for $800 during the peak panic buying but now would be lucky to get $200 for.

The Ruger current prices average around $350.

The Colt Magnum Carry used runs around $875, new upwards of $1400. I've seen them advertised for as much as $2800 but those appear to sit unsold. The demand is slacking up, I have a Norinco shotgun I could have sold for $800 during the peak panic buying but now would be lucky to get $200 for.

The ruger 10 22 at some of my gun dealers are selling for 199.00 wood stock only though

A good thing to check also is the bore. If you don't have a specific bore light LED bobber lights make excellent inexpensive bore lights. I prefer the green lights over the red ones, they show the bore better.

The ruger 10 22 at some of my gun dealers are selling for 199.00 wood stock only though
I should have stated those prices I quoted were average prices from a gun value website. Sometimes their value estimations are high.

I was just offered $225 for it AND all the ammo.
I'm glad I posted here.

I'm glad I posted here.
Honestly prices are starting to drop with some firearms, getting back down to pre-pandemic levels so that offer may be the best you'll get for the Ruger.

I've been seeing this box - Its almost full, for whatever that's worth.
I've also been told the ammo could for quite a lot.

IMG_0811.JPG

I'm glad I posted here.
Honestly prices are starting to drop with some firearms, getting back down to pre-pandemic levels so that offer may be the best you'll get for the Ruger.

AND all all the ammo?

The third one almost looks like a restocked Mauser. Any markings on the barrel? Check under the barrel also (remove it from the stock).

Tomorrow, I'll get a better look.

Thoughts on the scope?

I'd rather not have to take it off.

I'm glad I posted here.

AND all all the ammo?
All the .22 ammo maybe.

The third one almost looks like a restocked Mauser. Any markings on the barrel? Check under the barrel also (remove it from the stock).

Thoughts on the scope?

From the picture it looks like the scope is mounted to the receiver so you shouldn't have to remove it. As for the scope value........ :dunno:

Thoughts on the scope?

From the picture it looks like the scope is mounted to the receiver so you shouldn't have to remove it. As for the scope value........ :dunno:
Okay, just found some possible info on the scope. They were manufactured from the 1930s thru the 1960s. I've seen references from 2012 that range from $150 to $225 and more recently as high as $300. Ask high and be willing to haggle.

I should have stated those prices I quoted were average prices from a gun value website. Sometimes their value estimations are high.
you could also add depending on the area some places they will cost morea lot more

You can buy a brand new Colt carry for $899 right now.
I did however see a bunch of used and new ones that cost double that.
Wonder whats up with that?

Thoughts on the scope?

BTW, could you take more pictures of the one with the scope on it? The other side and any markings you find. Closeups of the receiver would be nice also.

Thoughts on the scope?

BTW, could you take more pictures of the one with the scope on it? The other side and any markings you find. Closeups of the receiver would be nice also.

Here ya go --
IMG_0800.JPG
IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG

Forum List

Back