Secret panel can put Americans on "kill list'

All this ado about nothing.

In other words, the President has a select group of advisors that assist him on certain executive tasks and functions. People find this remarkable? Or is it just a slow football day and people want something to be outraged about?

"Let me underscore, Awlaki is no mere messenger but someone integrally involved in lethal terrorist activities," Daniel Benjamin, top counterterrorism official at the State Department, warned last spring.
The administration makes the same mistake many here have with regard to the support of extra-judicial killings: that because Awlaki, or any alleged terrorist, is ‘particularly bad,’ that somehow nullifies due process. It doesn’t.

so the president puts folks on a secret American citizen kill list?...wow, that fucking bush......oh. wait, ..:rolleyes:...you can see the outcry in the media.....:lol:

I have to say there is much truth in what you stated. I'm surprised at how so few are concerned about this. Targeting fellow American Citizens for assassination is very new and incredibly dangerous ground. The MSM has been strangely silent on this. I have to agree if Bush or any Republican was in there,the MSM would be expressing much more concern. It's true.

so the president puts folks on a secret American citizen kill list?...wow, that fucking bush......oh. wait, ..:rolleyes:...you can see the outcry in the media.....:lol:

I have to say there is much truth in what you stated. I'm surprised at how so few are concerned about this. Targeting fellow American Citizens for assassination is very new and incredibly dangerous ground. The MSM has been strangely silent on this. I have to agree if Bush or any Republican was in there,the MSM would be expressing much more concern. It's true.

You betcha.. (channeling my best Palin) :lol:

I think a screw-up tho would immediately launch a feeding frenzy where the press totally forgets it was silent about this in the past..

Am I duplicating any previous threads regarding this particular Reuters story?
No, not at all. At least, I don't think so.

I provided the links so that you can also see what others are saying about it, as well, if you already haven't.

I know you and I usually disagree on almost everything but it tickles me pink and restores some of my lost faith in the integrity of folks beyond partisanship that, irrespective of political position, we can both recognize wrong as wrong.

:thup:

:clap2:

I do believe it's been determined in other threads that while we don't really like it, the actions were both legal and necessary. What you all seem to be missing here is that there may be a panel, that means more than one person, looking at this and making the decisions or recommendations. That at least is better than one person making such a decision....

I do believe it's been determined in other threads that while we don't really like it, the actions were both legal and necessary. What you all seem to be missing here is that there may be a panel, that means more than one person, looking at this and making the decisions or recommendations. That at least is better than one person making such a decision....
There have been horendous things done that were legal in history. This was unconstitutional
and should scare everyone regardless of party. And the next watch group that Big Sis says to look out for you might want to get a notebook and see if you would be a possible target. This is a line that should NEVER have been crossed.

SFC Ollie:

I respect your opinion.. I'm not asking for much here. But we DON'T do bombing raids in foreign countries on non-uniformed INDIVIDUALS by "special panel".. We do it by law, by procedure and with Consent of Congress. My beef is that no consent or oversight from Congress is obvious since 2001.

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe that the world changed on 9-11-01, and that we, the USA, must necessarily change some with it. As stated I do not like the fact that we have used assassinations, especially against an American citizen. However, I also believe that we are in a war, and that war has no borders, and that the enemy wears no physical uniform.

Anwar al-Awlaki had joined in that war as an enemy.

These are dark times for our nation and especially our Constitution. Our Constitution is being attacked 24/7 on a daily basis. Government sanctioning the murdering of fellow American Citizens should be alarming to every single American. What is happening to our Country? The People should be protesting this instead of Wall Street.

Forum List

Back