Second Dallas Ebola Patient?

""It's an impressive study that not only raises questions about the reservoir of Ebola in the wild, but more importantly elevates concerns about ebola as a public health threat," he told BBC News. "The thought of airborne transmission is pretty frightening."

BBC News - Growing concerns over in the air transmission of Ebola

How odd that given the fact that nobody really knows that it's NOT transmitted via droplets in the air, and in fact it looks very, very much like it IS transmitted...the CDC is telling everybody that it is hard to catch.

Doesn't look that hard to catch to me.

"Perry says health officials learned Wednesday that the children have been identified as having contact with the man and are being monitored at home. The unidentified man has been in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas since Sunday."

News from The Associated Press

Again why argue about whether or not it is spread by contact or by air.

WHY ARE PEOPLE TRAVELING BACK AND FORTH FROM AFRICA.

That's the big "DUH" for me.
If you don't know how severe it is, stop all traffic until it is contained.
I'm not a scientist or doctor, but I understand that would cap all the risks to what doctors ARE struggling to address already.

Because they are being told there is very little risk.

Ask yourself this..why did the ER team, who knew the guy was from liberia the FIRST time he came through...send him home with a fever???

While you are firing that hospital staff ya might want to broom the entire CDC.......they cant even keep records and tabs on infectious agents in their own labs.......we need some grown ups who dont tolerate effing up.

"The concerns, however, extend far beyond financial resources. The Department of Homeland Security inspector general issued a scathing report in September warning the department was woefully prepared for a pandemic, with expired medicines and inadequate resources to effectively equip its top responders in the field.

DHS may not be able to provide sufficient pandemic preparedness supplies to its employees to continue operations during a pandemic,” the agency’s watchdog declared in a report made public Sept. 1."

After first Ebola case fears turn to U.S. pandemic preparedness - Washington Times

Read more: After first Ebola case fears turn to U.S. pandemic preparedness - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Miles: 5 DISD students possibly exposed to Ebola

attend 4 different schools, in which they were there this Mon and Tues. Seems the nurse did ask at the hospital and somehow it got lost before he was discharged. The kids are being kept out of school and the adults are being self monitored.
No traditional quarantine, according to the news conference. This is within a community of around 25,000 people, where he had moved from Liberia to stay with family here, which also includes 33 different languages. They are getting out there to spread the info to try to keep people from going underground out of fear.

"
An apartment building not far from Texas Health Presbyterian became the center of attention in the Ebola scare on Wednesday as reports said that the first victim to be diagnosed in the U.S. stayed there with family before being taken to the hospital over the weekend.

News crews surrounded the Ivy Apartments, about a mile from the Dallas hospital. Residents described the complex as a multi-ethnic community of Liberians, Nepalis and other nationalities.

Patients being treated at the Dallas hospital and their families have expressed concern about how officials were responding to the case and called for more information to be released about the individual infected.

Toni Gomez, 29, stood outside holding her 1-year-old daughter, Demauria Griffen. She said that people in the neighborhood were afraid to even go near the hospital.

“My mother called me and said, ‘Do not go to Texas Health Presbyterian. You could catch Ebola.’ And I said, 'Mama, that’s the closest hospital I can go to. What do you want me to do?'

Sandra Sestic, 20, stood behind a wrought-iron fence as a dozen TV cameras pointed in her direction. She said that the apartment complex management had not told residents anything about the possible health scare.

“We’re afraid for the kids,” she said, adding that she lives nearby and comes to the Ivy to take care of a relative's children."

Aw, there's nothing to worry about! There's no risk..it's all about body fluids...

"A woman with a Russian accent who asked not to be identified said the last 24 hours had been crazy.

“When I got back from English class before 3 pm yesterday, I hear the helicopters, fly, fly, fly,” she said. "I have no idea what they want with our community. Is somebody sick here?"

5 schoolchildren had contact with Dallas Ebola patient - LA Times

Because they are being told there is very little risk.

Ask yourself this..why did the ER team, who knew the guy was from liberia the FIRST time he came through...send him home with a fever???

KG I get what you are saying, there is major irreponsibility going on here on all sides.

I'm just saying if you should not release a dangerous criminal out on the street in the first place,
why blame what goes wrong after that?

You are saying once the dangerous criminal is out, the people should have been warned so they act safely.

So we are both right.

But I am complaining why did they let the danger get out in the first place,
and you are saying once it's out, why aren't people warned how dangerous it is?

Both right.

Thanks KG I get your point.
Maybe we should point out: why argue back and forth over A vs. B?
Why not address BOTH not argue which was the worse lapse.

prevent both from happening, they are both important.

Miles: 5 DISD students possibly exposed to Ebola

attend 4 different schools, in which they were there this Mon and Tues. Seems the nurse did ask at the hospital and somehow it got lost before he was discharged. The kids are being kept out of school and the adults are being self monitored.
No traditional quarantine, according to the news conference. This is within a community of around 25,000 people, where he had moved from Liberia to stay with family here, which also includes 33 different languages. They are getting out there to spread the info to try to keep people from going underground out of fear.

Texas Ebola patient had contact with children - Houston Chronicle
Dear koshergrl:

If you want to find something ELSE to add on, look at this:
The patient's family lives in a neighborhood encompassing about 25,000 people, where 33 different languages are spoken — complicating the investigation as officials continue to fan out looking for other possible people with symptoms.

So liberals DON'T want English as a uniform language for public institutions to run smoothly and effectively,
even when language is critical dealing with police, legal and legislative systems, and emergency crises like this.

but they WILL argue that all health care should be streamlined through govt,
REGARDLESS of people's diverse views and beliefs!

It's okay for govt to define choices when it aligns with their political agenda.
like forcing people to buy health care insurance which should not be a free choice.
But not encouraging a central official language even for public safety and security measures.

Even when communicating in a central official language would save time and lives, that doesn't count as a reason
to enforce a uniform policy for all citizens. That's totalitarian, but it's okay for liberals to impose beliefs in nationalized health care, despite the diversity of views and beliefs that would be precluded if not violated.

Sorry to throw something else in, which I found in the article on the Dallas case above,
but if you are going to vent about govt, might as well go all out!

Forum List

Back