Scientific America: Conservatism Has Shortened Life Expectancy In The US

Good and evil exist side by side

Even in godless dope addicted san franciseo or seattle there are good people

And the same goes for rural America where many libs live among the God fearing majority
Life expectancy in rural communities is significantly less than urban communities.

People in rural communities are less healthy, more overweight, more likely to be disabled, less access to healthcare, less exercise, poorer, and higher risk behaviors.

You can pretend this is a liberal problem, but the data shows otherwise.

Life expectancy in rural communities is significantly less than urban communities.

People in rural communities are less healthy, more overweight, more likely to be disabled, less access to healthcare, less exercise, poorer, and higher risk behaviors.

You can pretend this is a liberal problem, but the data shows otherwise.
I suspect that if liberals were in rural areas their life expectancy would be the same

Or maybe lower since more of them are hooked on drugs

I suspect that if liberals were in rural areas their life expectancy would be the same

Or maybe lower since more of them are hooked on drugs
If liberals acted just like conservatives, their lives would be just as short.

Brilliant.

Your mindset, I think, is the reason lifespans are shortening. You’ve deluded yourself into thinking you don’t have a problem (as a population, on the whole). When you don’t acknowledge the problem, then you can never address it.

That’s why when I point out that drug use is rampant in rural communities and overdoses occur at a higher rate, your reply is to blame the liberals in those communities. As if that has any logic behind it. You’ve deluded yourself into blaming someone else.

Brilliant.

Your mindset, I think, is the reason lifespans are shortening. You’ve deluded yourself into thinking you don’t have a problem (as a population, on the whole). When you don’t acknowledge the problem, then you can never address it.

That’s why when I point out that drug use is rampant in rural communities and overdoses occur at a higher rate, your reply is to blame the liberals in those communities. As if that has any logic behind it. You’ve deluded yourself into blaming someone else.
I’ll concede that medical treatment is better in the city than the country

Thats just a function of geography

But I’ve never seen any evidence that people are more overweight because they live in a small town

Brilliant.

I blame the people in rural areas living the liberal lifestyle of sex, drugs, and government handouts

Their parents who vote repub dont act that way

I’ll concede that medical treatment is better in the city than the country

Thats just a function of geography

But I’ve never seen any evidence that people are more overweight because they live in a small town

Rural communities aren’t walkable. The labor in rural communities is highly automated. They don’t move and burn calories nearly as much as they sit. Our preconceived notions about the rural hard working fit people no longer holds in modern times.

Rural communities aren’t walkable. The labor in rural communities is highly automated. They don’t move and burn calories nearly as much as they sit. Our preconceived notions about the rural hard working fit people no longer holds in modern times.
If your conclusion is that people in rural areas are slightly mor overweight because they are conservatives I dont agree

If your conclusion is that people in rural areas are slightly mor overweight because they are conservatives I dont agree
Well, they’re more overweight and they’re more conservative. Is it causative? I think so.

Conservatives kind of have generated a bit of a toxic culture. They don’t want to be told what to do or how to live their lives so when someone comes along as says things like they’re overweight and should eat better, they recoil and do the opposite.

Remember when Michelle Obama wanted kids to eat healthier in school? Conservatives were pissed.

Well, they’re more overweight and they’re more conservative. Is it causative? I think so.

Conservatives kind of have generated a bit of a toxic culture. They don’t want to be told what to do or how to live their lives so when someone comes along as says things like they’re overweight and should eat better, they recoil and do the opposite.

Remember when Michelle Obama wanted kids to eat healthier in school? Conservatives were pissed.

Of course we were. It's not up to that fat ass to determine what kids should or should not eat. That's up to the parents and the schools. In many cases they found kids not eating because they threw their lunch away or otherwise lived off of Ho-ho's they brought with them from home. You can't force people to eat food they don't want.

I remember when michele designed menus that children refused to eat

In her world everything is either mandatory or not authorized

As it is for so many libs

Now about the gap in life expectancy

I concede that healthy body weight should lead to long lifespan

So I’ll give you that

But but a major cause of death is drug use and gang violence and that is a liberal attribute not conservatives

Folks that dig into that data know, that those who are older, and those with comorbiditities, are more likely to succumb to COVID, regardless of whether they have been jabbed or not.

Though, only those who have professional training in political science and voter trends, and have really studied the risk of COVID, would have put this together.

". . . Middle-aged Americans from about 40 to their mid-50s are more Republican in their political leanings, while older baby boomers tilt back toward a Democratic political orientation. Finally, seniors in today's world for the most part constitute Republicans' strongest age group.. . . "
1674859643736.png

1674859682269.png

If you are from the greatest generation, and remember IKE, you are far more likely to vote for the GOP, and, regardless of whether you have been jabbed or not, you are more likely to die of COVID. Those are just the facts.

Covid vaccine and the deadly mandates to get it will continue this trend, as its doing in many countries.

How typically stupid for lefties to blame it on righties with no explanation, whatsoever.

I could give an explanation, if you like.

1) There's an attitude among the right in the US that "anyone can make it in the US"
The problem with such a statement is that it can be read in different ways.

a) if everyone puts in hard work, every single person will make it in the US.
b) if everyone puts in hard work, only a select few will make it

The first suggests that the reason many people are not making it in the US is because they're lazy or stupid.
The second suggests that money in the US is limited. That if everyone were hard working, there'd still be people falling by the wayside.

The topic here isn't whether you agree or disagree with such sentiments, but that conservatives, especially (there are conservative Democrats, Libertarians etc so it's not always about Rep-Dem), believe that the reason for someone failing is all down to themselves.
This leads to lazy politicians. They don't actually need to do much, because, well, it's people's fault they are born into poverty, and remain in poverty, even though their rich peers have a much better education, much more stable family life etc etc.

This lack of wanting to do anything about many of the problems associated with poverty exacerbates these problems. From healthcare to education to family life to drugs to gangs, it all gets worse and worse and gets harder and harder for people to get themselves out of such places.
This, of course, isn't the only reason, but I'd say it's a big one, and it's one of those reasons that differentiates other rich nations and the US.

What a misinformed goober you are.
The right’s war on facts, science, and the truth has propagated fear and ignorance throughout America – the pandemic being one glaring example where lies contrived by conservatives concerning safe and effective vaccines have needlessly cost the lives of thousands of Americans.

Conservatism is the bane of the American nation.

Of course we were. It's not up to that fat ass to determine what kids should or should not eat. That's up to the parents and the schools. In many cases they found kids not eating because they threw their lunch away or otherwise lived off of Ho-ho's they brought with them from home. You can't force people to eat food they don't want.
That’s exactly the toxic attitude that has resulted in alarming rates of childhood obesity.

How dare someone suggest things that could lead to healthier children!

But but a major cause of death is drug use and gang violence and that is a liberal attribute not conservatives
Violence is not a major cause of death. It doesn’t even rise to the top 10. Murder went from 5 per 100,000 under Trump to 7 per 100,000 (under Trump too hit whatever). A big increase but not having much of an effect on longevity.

Heart disease, cancer and COVID dominate. We all know COVID hit conservative and rural communities much harder.

You keep blaming drug use on liberals but ignore the extent of substance abuse in rural and suburban communities which occurs at even higher rates.

Rush Limbaugh famously had a dismissive attitude to those that said smoking is a health risk.

And he died of lung cancer.

Violence is not a major cause of death. It doesn’t even rise to the top 10. Murder went from 5 per 100,000 under Trump to 7 per 100,000 (under Trump too hit whatever). A big increase but not having much of an effect on longevity.

Heart disease, cancer and COVID dominate. We all know COVID hit conservative and rural communities much harder.

You keep blaming drug use on liberals but ignore the extent of substance abuse in rural and suburban communities which occurs at even higher rates.

Rush Limbaugh famously had a dismissive attitude to those that said smoking is a health risk.

And he died of lung cancer.

Violence may not be a major cause of death but it certainly counts in our longevity statistics. Many of the murder victims are young people and we have nearly 50 murders every single day in this country.

That’s exactly the toxic attitude that has resulted in alarming rates of childhood obesity.

How dare someone suggest things that could lead to healthier children!

So how healthy is it for kids not to eat, or wait until after school to hit Burger King? Maybe meatloaf, fried chicken or pizza are not the best things to eat, but certainly a lot healthier than candy bars.

Child obesity is less of the kind of food than it is physical activity. We ate junk food as kids back in the 60's and 70's, but we didn't do so playing video games or face chatting with our friends. We didn't have all that stuff back then. As a kid, you hopped on your bike and visited your friends in person that lived a mile away or more, went to the school yard and played baseball, even went on the playground swing set and slide.

During summer vacation my mother couldn't get me back into the house. If I didn't get hungry I'd probably have stayed out from sun up to sun down. We didn't have money to eat fast food or pizza all day long. Your only source of food was your parents.

Forum List

Back