Santorum Wins Louisiana

I predict we're going to get a POTUS whose policies will continue along the same path we have been on for the last 40 years.

TWO political machines = one basic philosophy (bigger more intrusive, more austere government)

Would like to see Santorum as the nominee, but he won't be. There'll be some handwringing about a brokered convention, and whether Etch-o-Sketch had an impact, and then Romney will pour a shitload of money into Wisconsin and win that by an unimpressive margin.

Then Romney will get his ass whupped by Obama by an impressive margin that will make McCain feel a lot better about himself.

I disagree, Obama and the Lefts agenda is exposed. The Dems are Doomed in 2012 as are the good old boys.
I think the people have had enough of all the shit we been handed. We need a new president, a new congress and senate who will restore the good back in our country.

"Both the Dems and Repubs as they are now are on the same team. They are our enemy".

Meh, not so much.

The problem isn't so much in Washington but in our own attitudes.

We are the ones who went along with demolishing the middle class.

We are the ones who keep buying cheap shit from China.

We are the ones who refused to reduce our dependency on foriegn oil, even when we knew it was funding people trying to kill us with impunity.

We're like the overweight smoker who blames his doctors for his bad lifestyle choices and poor health. And we think by changing doctors we can change our reality because he prescribes different pills.

I'll think about this, But it's not us who make daily decisions for the nation. I boycott china everyday and have for years. It's not easy.
I didn't vote to exempt congress from insider trading laws either.......

Last edited:
Would like to see Santorum as the nominee, but he won't be. There'll be some handwringing about a brokered convention, and whether Etch-o-Sketch had an impact, and then Romney will pour a shitload of money into Wisconsin and win that by an unimpressive margin.

Then Romney will get his ass whupped by Obama by an impressive margin that will make McCain feel a lot better about himself.

I disagree, Obama and the Lefts agenda is exposed. The Dems are Doomed in 2012 as are the good old boys.
I think the people have had enough of all the shit we been handed. We need a new president, a new congress and senate who will restore the good back in our country.

"Both the Dems and Repubs as they are now are on the same team. They are our enemy".

Meh, not so much.

We are the ones who refused to reduce our dependency on foriegn oil, even when we knew it was funding people trying to kill us with impunity.

We're like the overweight smoker who blames his doctors for his bad lifestyle choices and poor health. And we think by changing doctors we can change our reality because he prescribes different pills.

The middle class is quite healthy, thank you. Trade enriches nations. Tariffs impoverish nations.
We are like the 3 yr old who votes for the candidate who offers the most candy.

[
The middle class is quite healthy, thank you. Trade enriches nations. Tariffs impoverish nations.We are like the 3 yr old who votes for the candidate who offers the most candy.

Statements like that just show why you are profoundly ignorant, Cleetus.

We have a trade deficit of 500 BILLION a year. that's $1600 for every man, woman and child in this country. EVERY YEAR.

Now, trade used to work well for us when we exported more than we imported. But that hasn't been the case since the 1970's, really.

[
The middle class is quite healthy, thank you. Trade enriches nations. Tariffs impoverish nations.We are like the 3 yr old who votes for the candidate who offers the most candy.

We have a trade deficit of 500 BILLION a year. that's $1600 for every man, woman and child in this country. EVERY YEAR.

Now, trade used to work well for us when we exported more than we imported. But that hasn't been the case since the 1970's, really.

We actually had trade deficits for most of our history, Mr Dumbshit sir. We had large deficits during the 1980s when GDP was growing 5% a year.
Mercantilism is dead. Get over it. Go buy yourself a book on economics.

WTF is wrong with la?
Santorum voted for 5 debt ceiling increases as senator
Against freedom on the internet
Hates science
Some of these things he is in fact worst then Obama on! He has no clue when it comes to the economy.

WTF! There is nearly zero chance for Santorum to get the nomination....All he is doing is handing the election to Obama.

The proper word is *THAN*, not 'then.' Find an online course in grammar and take it.

The is no way in HELL at this point obama can win, against ANYONE.

Meh, not so much.

I'll think about this, But it's not us who make daily decisions for the nation. I boycott china everyday and have for years. It's not easy.
I didn't vote to exempt congress from insider trading laws either.......

Random question:

Even if a product says "Made in USA", how do you know that the actual parts and components of the product didn't come shipped from China?

Also, Santorum doesn't stand a chance, and he should give up now. The Mitt landslide in Illinois is a good indication what the more moderate States think of this Authoritarian Bible Extremist.

If you want a Republican to be in the Oval Office next year, start backing Mitt. He's not great, but he's all the GOP has.

Last edited:
The south keeps showing stereotypical behavior voting against Romney most likely because he's a Mormon.

Those idiots need to focus on the national election, not their religious hatred of Romney.

The south keeps showing stereotypical behavior voting against Romney most likely because he's a Mormon.

Those idiots need to focus on the national election, not their religious hatred of Romney.

No one has religious hatred of Romney. That's a left wing talking point.
Romney isn't a conservative. Santorum is, sort of. Romney isn't a Republican outside of MA and NY. He is a slightly more centrist Obama with white skin.

Methinks that little Ricky is posturing for the number two slot, which would be good for Mittens. What we see is that Mittens can't get the Southern vote, little Ricky would help.

Uh, Santorum isn't getting shit in a Romney White House....even janitor job in the US Yemen Embassy is off the list.

Santorum fucked up keeping this race alive, insulting Romney every week and last week claiming Obamination is better than Romney.

That asshole has dug his grave with people like me despite fooling backwoods hicks in the south voting for him because their preacher says Romney is the devil.

Methinks that little Ricky is posturing for the number two slot, which would be good for Mittens. What we see is that Mittens can't get the Southern vote, little Ricky would help.

Uh, I went to college in the south and the majority of my relatives live in the south.

Churches in the south preach against the Mormons....Romney is a Mormon. Santorum being a Catholic makes him a better option in the south than Romney with his "freak" religion.

Even I don't like Romney's faith, but I have a clue about who can win the real election given I've lived in every US time zone unlike my relatives and most people stuck in the south. I know southerners.....

Romney isn't a conservative. Santorum is, sort of. Romney isn't a Republican outside of MA and NY. He is a slightly more centrist Obama with white skin.

Perry supporter.

A ‘left-wing’ talking point no one on the left ever talks about, we just hear it from the right.

Whoops!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUf1UMJ98U]Newsweek Cover: Mitt Romney & Mormons 6/6/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Santorum’s win merely confirms (again) that social conservatives, Christian fundamentalists, and the radical right aren’t happy with Romney. They’ll vote for Romney, of course, with a few staying home, then plan for 2016 after Obama’s second term.

Uh, I went to college in the south and the majority of my relatives live in the south.

Churches in the south preach against the Mormons....Romney is a Mormon. Santorum being a Catholic makes him a better option in the south than Romney with his "freak" religion.

Even I don't like Romney's faith, but I have a clue about who can win the real election given I've lived in every US time zone unlike my relatives and most people stuck in the south. I know southerners.....

I live in the South as did my ancestors since the late 1800s. Catholics were hardly a tolerated minority. My great uncle told stories of anti catholic sentiment in Reidsville GA prior to WWI. That hasn't improved a lot.
No, the issue is that the south is both politically conservative and socially conservative and Santorum appeals to those values voters.

Santorum’s win merely confirms (again) that social conservatives, Christian fundamentalists, and the radical right aren’t happy with Romney. They’ll vote for Romney, of course, with a few staying home, then plan for 2016 after Obama’s second term.

Virtually anyone who isn't a knee-pad wearing Obama supporter will vote for ROmney if he's the nominee. ABO.

Clever, it would help Mitt get that far right vote.

Funny how Christians call the Mormons "crazy" and "out of their minds", as if they themselves don't have to take an extreme leap of faith to believe some of the things the Bible says to be true.

People just need to get over themselves and realize that there are other people living in the world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back