Rush Limbag Challenges MSNBC

Where did you hear it?

The same place all news channels now get their stories, online.

I rarely pay attention to MSNBC, but Rush reported today that the only reference they've made about him since was obliquely, "talk radio". Once they weaken and mention him again, I'm sure he'll report same.
Sorry if I appeared to challenge your creds KittenK. I think your assertion is weak; beyond that no offense intended from here.

Not seeing any offense. But there is no other reason for him to make such a "challenge" except to drum up attention, hell, not even saying it's wrong or bad, it works. But each time he announces something like that there is always a media frenzy over it.

Not seeing any offense. But there is no other reason for him to make such a "challenge" except to drum up attention, hell, not even saying it's wrong or bad, it works. But each time he announces something like that there is always a media frenzy over it.

In my opinion his remark about stepping down much more fits your premise; it will get attention with a purpose; he is counting-coups on Powell and drawing him out. How is Powell's R-party different from the D-party? Rush is saying there is no difference. The ball is in Powell's court, since Rush "resigned" handed the "titular-head-baton" over to him. I'm wating for a media frenzy over that bit.

It's my opinion only, but I think this is a little more serious than media blips, it's pointing up hyprocacy - Powell endorsed Obama.

With MSNBC, he is showing what pissants and irrelevant they really are.

In my opinion his remark about stepping down much more fits your premise; it will get attention with a purpose; he is counting-coups on Powell and drawing him out. How is Powell's R-party different from the D-party? Rush is saying there is no difference. The ball is in Powell's court, since Rush "resigned" handed the "titular-head-baton" over to him. I'm wating for a media frenzy over that bit.

It's my opinion only, but I think this is a little more serious than media blips, it's pointing up hyprocacy - Powell endorsed Obama.

One of the problems I have had with Rush, and why I never bothered listening to him, is that he is very partisan, and cares more about party labels than policies too often. While I agree that Obama is a turd, I never cared what party anyone was when looking at them, just how they behaved. It's why I liked Hilary, she just didn't care what the Dems were pushing and would have gone her own way regardless. Also why I liked McCain. But Rush was against any Dem getting it, regardless of the fact that some of them sound a lot like Republicans in many issues.

One of the problems I have had with Rush, and why I never bothered listening to him, is that he is very partisan, and cares more about party labels than policies too often. While I agree that Obama is a turd, I never cared what party anyone was when looking at them, just how they behaved. It's why I liked Hilary, she just didn't care what the Dems were pushing and would have gone her own way regardless. Also why I liked McCain. But Rush was against any Dem getting it, regardless of the fact that some of them sound a lot like Republicans in many issues.

Rush would tell you (or you'd know if you listened) that first of all he is a conservative, and the R-party is the vehicle of his conservative philosophy.

I've listened to Rush every day since '92. Being a self employed person has made that possible; wearing a walk-man allows me to maintain some distance between myself and others. Often he irritates me, and my sensibilities, but I recognize him as a national resource of information. He often has said that when he condemns, he is condemning liberalism, not Democrats per-se. When there were some decent liberal talk show hosts (Larry King for a while in the nineties was probably the most interesting) I would listen to them just as consistently.

The D-party organization is completely lock-step; they are locked into those votes that matter to the party or they are OUT! Lieberman, a former D-party VP candidate is an excellent indicator. That's why RL would say they cannot be trusted, when they sound conservative. They do it mainly to get elected. Interesting that many times R's trying to appeal to a broad consituency including D's will be beaten by one of these "conservative" Democrats you mention.

Hillary began to make sense in her campaign on Health Care; that there had to be an "open day" or "open season" for everyone to get signed up for health insurance, which is a must to getting everyone insured because of pre-existing conditions. She recognizes the free market necessities; Obama is an ideologue, or worse.

Last edited:
Kit there is a problem with that. First, the one's most likely to be helped by this particular challenge is MSNBC. Rush has about 20 million listeners for his three hour segment every day according to the Arbitron rating service. According to Nielson ratings MSNBC doesn't draw twenty million viewers a week. Rush doesn't stand to gain much of anything from this particualr challenge other than perhaps being left alone for a while. MSNBC however desparately needs all the hype it can get.

2nd the moonbats at MSNBC have become little more than the paid hatchet men for Immelt and NBC. And in fact reflect exactly the same sort of bias and what have you that they accuse FOx news of on a regular basis.

Ha ha, it's pretty funny that the Obama network couldn't go ten minutes without mentioning his name.

It is good for Rush, personally, but it is horrible for your party because he is seen as a joke to people who aren't loyal Rushbots.

We love it.

And did you hear he quit/resigned yesterday? As the leader of the GOP.

So who is your leader now?

It can't be anyone good because you guys through anyone that was good under the bus a long time ago. Powell should be your spokesman, but instead its Boner, Gizdal, Rash, O'Really, Slanaty, NailinPalin, Huckelberry.

Maybe go with Ron Paul. Oh yea, I forgot, you through him under the bus during the campaign.

It should be Mitt Romney. I shouldn't tell you that because it will help you guys, but he is your best shot. A mormon.

Or Jeb Bush. Just let 8 years go by and run him like you ran that idiot GW.

Last edited:
Ha ha, it's pretty funny that the Obama network couldn't go ten minutes without mentioning his name.

It is good for Rush, personally, but it is horrible for your party because he is seen as a joke to people who aren't loyal Rushbots.

We love it.

It can't be anyone good because you guys through anyone that was good under the bus a long time ago. Powell should be your spokesman, but instead its Boner, Gizdal, Rash, O'Really, Slanaty, NailinPalin, Huckelberry.

Maybe go with Ron Paul. Oh yea, I forgot, you through him under the bus during the campaign.

It should be Mitt Romney. I shouldn't tell you that because it will help you guys, but he is your best shot. A mormon.

I agree, it should be Mitt or Jeb. On second thought, Jeb may not be the best choice now, he'll never be elected after the W failures of the past 8 years. He ruined his brother's chances of ever being president.

Mitt should be their choice if they want to have a shot at it in 8 years.

We love it.

I agree, it should be Mitt or Jeb. On second thought, Jeb may not be the best choice now, he'll never be elected after the W failures of the past 8 years. He ruined his brother's chances of ever being president.

Mitt should be their choice if they want to have a shot at it in 8 years.

You must be too young to remember HW Bush's presidency. He was horrible. The economy was bad and we were in Iraq. I was graduating college and he sucked, which is why Clinton won. I said the same thing when GW Bush ran in 2000. NO WAY I said.

But American voters have a very short memory. They forgot about daddy Bush in 8 short years.

And consider that Jeb will get 40% of the vote no problem. If the Democratic contender is weak, like Gore or Kerry, he could easily get another 11%. Consider he'll win Florida back for the GOP.

PS. I don't know why Americans would vote for Mitt. People brag that he was a CEO. I think that is a bad thing. I think CEO's are responsible for ruining the companies in America and sending all our jobs overseas. I think Democrats would be wise to make that a theme just like the GOP bashed John Edwards for being a "TRIAL LAWYER". If they run Mitt, the dems need to talk about CEO pay and wages being cut and jobs going overseas. And blame it on CEO'S, like Mitt Romney!!! :lol:

Fight fire with fire. :eusa_shhh:

We love it.

What do you have, a fucking memory desease?

How many times do I have to say in large print:

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN YOU ASSHOLE, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN.

You keep claiming I am a GoPer I will start neg repping your stupid ass until you stop it.

It's good PR for him to milk it to, it will boost ratings the more he keeps in their radar.
He's been around for decades, he doesn't need the Obama network, they need him.

well, if he doesn't need them, then HE should stop talking about THEM.

oh right... he's got to keep firing up his "base".

he was whining about msnbc talking about him to "boost its ratings" while talking about msnbc to boost HIS ratings.

he's so sad. :lol:

the right's stuck with rush, and the left is stuck with sealybobo.

all in all, the right got the better deal. :lol:

well... we could go through the list of rightwingnuts *you're* stuck with. ;)

true enough, but none of them have sealy's "flair".

Forum List

Back