Ron Paul Extreme?!

HTML:
Since the original post asks for particular positions that are extreme (see, eg, Wikipedia),

-- Sharply isolationist foreign policy, including withdrawal from UN, NATO, ignoring threats like Iran. [Modern US foreign policy is also extremist, but withdrawal from the UN is extreme]

-- Decriminalization of drugs, at least at the federal level. [Totally sensible and moderate; criminal matters are historically state matters; the current policy is extremist]

-- Opposes virtually all federal interference with the market process [Only extremist to liberals, historically very sensible for Feds to be limited to regulation of interstate commerce only]

-- Eliminating the Departments of Education, HHS, Homeland Security, Commerce and Energy. Eliminating FEMA, the ICC, and the IRS. [See above]

-- Elimination of the income tax and repeal of the Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution [Okay, this is extreme]

I've added my comments. Yes, Ron Paul is extreme. I think you have to be pretty discontented with the status quo to admire Ron Paul. But, guess what? I am really discontented.

Ron Paul vacillates between extreme and plain ole' nuts.

Oh, really? You convinced me. That is compelling stuff there.

This from the man that believes that the Tea Party is compromised of terrorists that "must be stopped by any means". :lol:

So as it stands no one has a single issue they can point to of RP's and tell us why it's "extreme?"

Like the poster I quoted, now it’s “extreme” to look at closing homeland security… Wow, look how far we have fallen… Or to close the DoEducation, you know the useless program that fails to meet any goal it has ever set but costs shit tons of money we have to borrow to keep it failing.

We have also heard RP wants the Government to be the size of what it was 200 years ago... Dare I even ask for a link? More or less it's haters hating by making shit up... YOU people are the problem, you hate someone for reasons that are not even close to reality, that's why that OP was asking for. Why do you not like RP in thinking he is "extreme" and tell us how RP is being extreme... Don't just say RP is an isolationist when you clearly don’t know what the fucking word means lol, it makes you look extremely stupid.

But he's crazy!!! He's a loon!!! That is all these intellectual midgets have. They haven't read any of his books or listened to a damn thing he has said.

To the people making the claim. Please elaborate for this slow hick from Texas. What exactly is extreme about his consistent position on the issues?
I wouldn’t say ‘extreme’ but naïve, reactionary, an anachronism – he has this inane idea the government can be returned to the way it was 200 years ago – literally. He doesn’t understand the United States is an industrialized First World superpower of the 21st Century, not the 18th Century; we have the government we have for a reason, there’s simply no going back.

He also exhibits comprehensive ignorance of the Constitution, making claims and statements as to ‘original intent’ with no basis in case law or fact. He believes in what he thinks the Constitution is, but his subjective opinion amounts to noting more than fantasy – the Constitution is a legal document, interpreted and defined in the context of the law by the courts, not make-believe or wishful thinking.

I think he understands a lot more that you give him credit for. Like Imperialism and nation building is causes us harm. Tyranny is in conflict with our natural rights. Centrally planned govs always meet the same demise. ect. And your example of courts interpreting the law is laughable considering its oblivious, at least to me, that all three branches are corrupt to the core.

Extreme is our current system of gov.

To the people making the claim. Please elaborate for this slow hick from Texas. What exactly is extreme about his consistent position on the issues?
I wouldn’t say ‘extreme’ but naïve, reactionary, an anachronism – he has this inane idea the government can be returned to the way it was 200 years ago – literally. He doesn’t understand the United States is an industrialized First World superpower of the 21st Century, not the 18th Century; we have the government we have for a reason, there’s simply no going back.

He also exhibits comprehensive ignorance of the Constitution, making claims and statements as to ‘original intent’ with no basis in case law or fact. He believes in what he thinks the Constitution is, but his subjective opinion amounts to noting more than fantasy – the Constitution is a legal document, interpreted and defined in the context of the law by the courts, not make-believe or wishful thinking.

America is on the threshold of economic ruin, facing unprecedented debt and deficits, and you believe it is naive to change course? It is naive to return to a time when America didn't take upon itself the crushing and unrealistic burden of policing the world?

I would like you to give a specific quote or video of Ron Paul saying something that is not the actual words of the constitution. Make-believe or wishful thinking? Show it.

This man said he would not vote for the civil rights act if he was there and asked to. This man said FEMA is not needed and he would be against his own state getting federal funds for disasters.

I wont even get into his stance on abortion....well, maybe I will a bit. Big government stay out of our lives but he believes abortion is wrong and big government should make it that way? Really...?

He believes a business should be able to have signs that say no Blacks...asians...gays...jews...etc allowed..

He wants to make meth legal? Really!!??

This man is a fucking nut.

Last edited:
But he's crazy!!! He's a loon!!! That is all these intellectual midgets have. They haven't read any of his books or listened to a damn thing he has said.

All I hear is people parroting MSM.

The best responses to why he is not electable that I've heard is "too old, not pretty enough, & paper tiger."

I have yet to find one thing that he supports that will hurt the private sector middle class worker in the long run.

Last edited:
Mr. Paul certain does say some interesting things.

"We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures – not printing money out of thin air in almost complete secrecy and then handing it over to oppressive dictators."

This man said he would not vote for the civil rights act if he was there and asked to. This man said FEMA is not needed and he would be against his own state getting federal funds for disasters.

I wont even get into his stance on abortion....well, maybe I will a bit. Big government stay out of our lives but he believes abortion is wrong and big government should make it that way? Really...?

He believes a business should be able to have signs that say no Blacks...asians...gays...jews...etc allowed..

You believe every GOP candidate is a fucking nut. So, at least you are being consistent.

Here is the nail in his coffin. He CANT win the republican nomination. FOX DOES NOT LIKE HIM. Libertarians, boycott Fox! :)

You believe every GOP candidate is a fucking nut. So, at least you are being consistent.

If they had the same beliefs I would hate them...same with a dem.

Who actually says Meth should be legal? Who says they hate big government but says the government should not allow abortions. Who the fuck would say they are against the civil rights act?

There is only one person I know of who said these things. Ron Paul.

HE IS A FUCKING NUT.

Who actually says Meth should be legal? Who says they hate big government but says the government should not allow abortions. Who the fuck would say they are against the civil rights act?

HE IS A FUCKING NUT.

How is that war on drugs working out?
His abortion position is troubling, at least for me.
Understand WHY he was against the civil rights act...

Paul would be fine if this were 1811.

But it’s not.

That's the problem with you progressives.

Maybe we should just burn the Constitution because its NOT September 17th 1787.

I'm sick of you bitches treating the Constitution like its some novelty.

It's not a "living document."

You asshats are doing your best to make the premise of the US constitution, hence the premise of the founding ideas irrelevant.

We have a constitution for a fucking reason dummy - its to insure your big government cannot rule over THE PEOPLE with authoritarian ways and power.

Didn't "We the People" clue you in???

Paul would be fine if this were 1811.

But it’s not.

That's the problem with you progressives.

Maybe we should just burn the Constitution because its NOT September 17th 1787.

I'm sick of you bitches treating the Constitution like its some novelty.

It's not a "living document."

You asshats are doing your best to make the premise of the US constitution, hence the premise of the founding ideas irrelevant.

We have a constitution for a fucking reason dummy - its to insure your big government cannot rule over THE PEOPLE with authoritarian ways and power.

Didn't "We the People" clue you in???

:clap2:

HE IS A FUCKING NUT.

The government has no right telling people what to do....

I got news for you dummy - people have been using drugs since man was man. Not to mention drugs have only been illegal for the last 80 or so years.

You retarded progressives attempt to portray problems that have been plaguing humanity are somehow new and the government will save us all.

Really - what the fuck did people do before we had a nanny state to tell us what to do?

Do you have a smart ass answer for that?

HE IS A FUCKING NUT.

No, you dislike and post things that I think are very hateful about any and all GOP candidate.

Where did Ron Paul say meth, which is not a proper noun, should be legalized? This countries drug policy is flawed and has disproportionately affected the black community and the poor. More people die every year from legal drugs, being prescribed at mind boggling numbers, than do illegal drugs.

The fundamental question that you have to ask yourself is: should a non-violent drug offender ever serve as much or more time than a rapist or child molester? The war on drugs is a war being fought by Americans against Americans.

This idea that if 'it' were legalized all of a sudden people would be rushing out to purchase meth is ludicrous.

Also DOCTOR Ron Paul has delivered hundreds of babies into this world and he believes the same thing that a clear majority of Americans believe, abortion except in a limited number of instances deprives an individual endowed with the same rights and you and I their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Liberals like yourself use that line 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' to justify socialized healthcare, but it is extremist to use it to defend the slaughter of the unborn. Again, abortion is a issue that has disproportionately affected the black community.

But you subscribe to a leftist philosophy that views humanity with resentment. You loath humanity and believe it is a cancer upon this Earth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm2sLSWXOOM&feature=related]Chris Rock supports Ron Paul 2012?? - YouTube[/ame]

Mr. Paul certain does say some interesting things.

"We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures – not printing money out of thin air in almost complete secrecy and then handing it over to oppressive dictators."

Did you know that in Biblical times debts would be forgiven?

"At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts. And this is the form of the release: Every creditor who has lent anything to his neighbor shall release it; he shall not require it of his neighbor or his brother, because it is called the LORD's release" (Deuteronomy 15:1-2).

And not just in Biblical times, either. Iceland has refused to make public the private risks many of its banks took.

That is because when Iceland's banks went spectacularly bust, instead of pouring in billions of taxpayers' money to shore them up, Iceland just closed them down.

Their debts were so huge that, in truth, the country had little choice. Nevertheless, it was a radical strategy. Iceland effectively said "stuff you" to the banks' creditors.

Foreign debts were written off - including $8bn (£4.9bn) of deposits from savers in the UK and Holland. "Bankrupting your way to recovery," it has been called.

I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says. But Barack Obama's Treasury Department's ideas are less sensible than Ron Paul's.

Forum List

Back