Ron DeSantis Signs Bill Allowing Communism Being Taught In Early Elementary School Classes

Nice! It's sad that we even have to concern children with communism at this young of age, but it has to be done.

I would like to have a look at the curriculum and see exactly what will be taught Obviously DeSantis has an agenda and it is not to teach an accurate accounting of history and comparative ideologies

For instance, while Communism in its purest form of Marxism was a profound failure , so has been unbridled lese fair capitalism. Neither economic system exists in its pure form. All major economies represent some type of hybred system.

Another aspect of Communism that should be taught –but probably wont be –is tha fact that despite the brutality of Soviet Style Communism, there was an idealistic goal. Karl Marx envisioned an authoritarian phase as a means towards the end of a stateless Utopia While unrealistic and even “silly” thepoint is that that is an important part of history

Lastly, and -perhaps most important –the tensions among major world powers are no longer defined as struggle between Communism and Capitalism but rather between Authoritarianism and Democracy. Communism and Capitalism are economic systems. Authoritarian forms of government can and do flourish independently of the prevailing economic system
World tensions also arise from the desire to dominate world markets and control and profit from limited resources. Tensions that transcend the economic systems and political ideologies' of the rivals . And let us not overlook the role of religious strife in the world. All of these things are a greater threat than Communism. Yet, I have to strongly suspect that Desantis goal is only to stoke fears about a bogie man that no longer exists

Last edited:
I would like to have a look at the curriculum and see exactly what will be taught Obviously DeSantis has an agenda and it is not to teach an accurate accounting of history and comparative ideologies

For instance, while Communism in its purest for of Mrxism was a profound failure , so has been unbridled lese fair capitalism. Neither economic system exists in its pure form. All major economies represent some type of hybred system.

Another aspect of Communism that should be taught –but probably wont be –is tha fact that despite the brutality of Soviet Style Communism, there was an idealistic goal. Karl Marx envisioned an authoritarian phase as a means towards the end of a stateless Utopia While unrealistic and even “silly” thepoint is that that is an important part of history

Lastly, and -perhaps most important –the tensions among major world powers are no longer defined as struggle between Communism and Capitalism but rather between Authoritarianism and Democracy. Communism and Capitalism are economic systems. Authoritarian forms of government can and do flourish independently of the prevailing economic system
World tensions also arise from the desire to dominate world markets and control and profit from limited resources. Tensions that transcend the economic systems and political ideologies' of the rivals . Yet, I have to strongly suspect that Desantis goal is to stoke fears about a bogie man that no longer exists
/----/ "unbridled lese fair capitalism"
I can't stand unbridled lese fair capitalism.

Forum List

Back