Rolling Rock beer now brewed in Newark

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Drinking this premium beer this evening, and I looked online and found out they no longer brew it in Latrobe PA, and no longer use mountain springs water.

Apparently, they use water from the Passaic River

But it still tastes the same as it ever did.

Drinking this premium beer this evening, and I looked online and found out they no longer brew it in Latrobe PA, and no longer use mountain springs water.

Then they need to change the name from Rolling Rock to Newark River Brew.

Maybe put a river stone in each bottle from the Passaic.

Budweiser bought them many years back.

Sales in the region plummeted.

Iron City uses the brewery.
IronCityBeer.png

View attachment 402837

I've drank Iron City before as well. I wonder how that tastes with Latrobe water, traditionally they use Pittsburgh water. Iron City pairs well will Imperial Whiskey.

As a young man, I usually preferred Schmidts which I dont think they brew any more. Although a lot to be said for Genessee, Straub and yuengling.

View attachment 402837

I've drank Iron City before as well. I wonder how that tastes with Latrobe water, traditionally they use Pittsburgh water. Iron City pairs well will Imperial Whiskey.

As a young man, I usually preferred Schmidts which I dont think they brew any more. Although a lot to be said for Genessee, Straub and yuengling.
My dad drank Kohler Beer & Schmidt's of Philadelphia when I started sneaking his beers I definitely prefer the Schmidt it had a certain taste to it. I also like Genesee.

Rolling Rock was purchased years ago, and has not been brewed in PA for 14 years.
Secondly, it is not premium beer. Premium in price for a macro lager - sure. Premium in quality - no.
It is a macro lager using adjuncts like virtually all corporate American lagers.
Adjuncts in American lagers are rice and corn. It is cheaper than barley malt thus why they use it.
Premium lager is going to be almost all craft lagers such as Sam Adams Boston Lager and many, many smaller breweries that produce a REAL lager beer, and not the adjunct lagers with high water content/

Rolling Rock was purchased years ago, and has not been brewed in PA for 14 years.
Secondly, it is not premium beer. Premium in price for a macro lager - sure. Premium in quality - no.
It is a macro lager using adjuncts like virtually all corporate American lagers.
Adjuncts in American lagers are rice and corn. It is cheaper than barley malt thus why they use it.
Premium lager is going to be almost all craft lagers such as Sam Adams Boston Lager and many, many smaller breweries that produce a REAL lager beer, and not the adjunct lagers with high water content/

Actually, right on the cans of Rolling Rock I have, it clearly states it qualifies Premium Beer. It better be at the premium price of $12 for 18 cans.

Actually, right on the cans of Rolling Rock I have, it clearly states it qualifies Premium Beer. It better be at the premium price of $12 for 18 cans.
What is on the can matters not.
It is a corporate adjunct lager. And thus, is not a premium lager.
The corn is added because it is cheaper, much cheaper, than grain malt. And corn produces more sugars than grain malt so the alcohol can be boosted even cheaper, so therefore you can increase the water content and maintain a decent ABV%.
Do this... take a Sam Adams Boston lager and a Rolling Rock. Pour them both in a glass.
Take a small drink, wallow it around in your mouth and swallow. Yeah... you will know realize completely that the Sam Adams is leagues above in quality.
Second... let the beers sit in the glass for 10 - 15 minutes. By this time it is around 50 degrees and the flavor can't be hidden by the cold... now you will really taste the beer. And whalaa... Rolling Rock taste like shit. You can taste the corn now and the bitter, medicinal off flavors are quite terrible. But wait... what;s this... the Sam Adams still taste okay. Still taste the sweetness of the quality malts and no weird off flavors.

Rolling Rock is cheap, mass produced watered down beer that like all other corporate American beer - it HAS to be freezing cold to enjoy so you can't taste it.

Rolling Rock is cheap, mass produced watered down beer that like all other corporate American beer - it HAS to be freezing cold to enjoy so you can't taste it.

I'm drinking the King of Beers today, Budweiser. On its can its states"we know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age" Based on this information, and the fact that they point out that it is brewed with "the CHOICEST hops, rice and BEST barley malt", is Bud considered a premium beer?

What's the difference between a clitoris and a bottle of Rolling Rock?

A clitoris only tastes like piss for a few seconds...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

View attachment 402837
Getting ready for the Stiller game? I gave up on the NFL for the most part but I'll probably peek today. When they play Baltimore the hits are usually BIG. How's district 7 wrestling this year?

I'm drinking the King of Beers today, Budweiser. On its can its states"we know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age" Based on this information, and the fact that they point out that it is brewed with "the CHOICEST hops, rice and BEST barley malt", is Bud considered a premium beer?
haha.... yeah... no.
American macro lagers were developed many years ago to solve a problem... beer barons wanted what beer barons want - more money with less costs. So they began mixing in cheaper grains to make cheaper beer. As well as add more water, which lowered the alcohol so people would drink more. And so they added "adjuncts" - primarily corn and rice.
American lagers, regardless of brand, are all watered down pretend beers.
It's just true

rolling Rock doesn't really taste like anything.

reminds me of this commercial

In the words of a well known German brewer after tasting an American corporate "beer" for the first time...
"Ist das Bier so, als ware es wasser... oder wasser so, als ware Bier"
(Is this beer pretending to be water, or water pretending to be beer)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back