Remember 2004: Bush Boards Luxury Bus to Campaign

Bush Boards Luxury Bus To Campaign In Midwest - NYTimes.com

Jumping off at three stops from his new red, white and blue campaign bus, which was plastered on its gleaming side with the slogan ''Yes, America Can,''Mr. Bush fielded questions from a handpicked crowd at an ''Ask President Bush'' talk in Niles, and made fun of Senator John Kerry's family sport utility vehicles before a crowd of 5,000 in a hockey stadium here. Mr. Bush appeared at an enormous outdoor rally in suburban Detroit late in the day.

snip

Campaign aides said Mr. Bush's bus had three rooms, including a kitchenette, as well as a flat-screen television, black leather sofas and chairs, and the presidential seal displayed on a back wall. Name cards were placed on the chairs this morning for Mr. Bush and the first lady, as well as for Karl Rove, Mr. Bush's chief political adviser.

:cool:
What part of THE President said this was a job tour and used OUR TAX DOLLARSand not his CAMPAIGN money dont you LIBS understand , !! Big difference. If he was using his campaign dollars I could care less how much he campaigned but when he is using our money then its our business .. Our country is in the crapper and he is wasting more of our tax dollars to his benefit more times I can count... I swear you libs have no common sense.:cuckoo:

Bush Boards Luxury Bus To Campaign In Midwest - NYTimes.com

Jumping off at three stops from his new red, white and blue campaign bus, which was plastered on its gleaming side with the slogan ''Yes, America Can,''Mr. Bush fielded questions from a handpicked crowd at an ''Ask President Bush'' talk in Niles, and made fun of Senator John Kerry's family sport utility vehicles before a crowd of 5,000 in a hockey stadium here. Mr. Bush appeared at an enormous outdoor rally in suburban Detroit late in the day.
snip

Campaign aides said Mr. Bush's bus had three rooms, including a kitchenette, as well as a flat-screen television, black leather sofas and chairs, and the presidential seal displayed on a back wall. Name cards were placed on the chairs this morning for Mr. Bush and the first lady, as well as for Karl Rove, Mr. Bush's chief political adviser.
:cool:

I thought the Obama tour is not political. Is he going to reimburse us for all the money he is spending on this campaign trip?

Bush didn't do this when the country was running up trillion dollar deficits and 9% were unemployed.

There's an empathy factor when someone has to worry about paying the light bill or the food bill sees a president spending a million bucks protecting a bus he's only going to use for a couple of weeks.

there's two buses; one for each candidate of the two major parties.

do you think they're going to put them on ebay next week?

the difference between bush and obama is...........nada.

well, maybe obama would have had the brains to stay out of iraq, maybe.

have an enjoyable evening

He didn't have the brains to stay put of Libya.

Forum List

Back