Rape in prison.

Working with a former inmate in my agency, drinking right after work, he told us a kind of rape that happened to him. He never mentioned the word "rape" but he implied it.

Decades ago, Washington DC used a facility called Lorton in Virginia, to sent their found guilty drug addicts, criminals, etc.

1024px-Guard_Tower_at_Lorton_Prison_%288904432591%29.jpg

This guy was sent over there because drugs and robbery.

He told us he was young and one day a guy, who was one of the strong dudes over there and head of a gang, came to his cell. That's all he said about the incident.

But next day, at lunch time he went to his table and starter a fight against him. In those years, no matter who started the fight, both of them should be sent to "solitary".

So, after a few days in "solitary", the very next day, he went again and started another fight against that guy. They ended in "solitary" again.

He repeated the same aggressive behavior until the other guy in desperate attitude begged for his forgiveness.

We kept silence and from my part understanding the shadow which was following him all his life because of such a miserable experience.

40 years ago in some jails, the respect to other humans integrity was not properly respected. Those were different times.

Just in the 70s, in the hippies colonies, 20, 30 or more years old adult men used to sleep in the parks of San Francisco with teenagers girls 14 years old and up who left their houses in order to be part of the new social movement.

And police surrounded the parks, medical post were installed to treat sexual diseases, but no one arrested those guys because "child molestation" of "having sex with minors". Those were different times.

I have known a good many prisoners and ex cons. Mostly the sex is voluntary. Men are no different than other animals. When deprived of an appropriate mate the male will engage in homosexual behavior.

What you just said is a kind or weird. I know lots of people claim animals perform homosexual activity, however, watching the videos and descriptions, I can only see "rape", and not even "rape" but simulation of rape because intercourse is not happening.

What I see is abuse from one to the another.

Homosexuality is what you just said, is not rape but voluntary consent "by both parties".

I have not seen a male crocodile moving his butt provoking another male crocodile to have sex.

My understanding is that animals homosexuality is urban legend.

I worked in a prison. The newest, and at the time, the 13th supermaxium prison in America. I started there before is was even completed as a Maintenance Mechanic III for the state of WI. Eventually we got inmates, the worst of the worst. Murderers, gang bangers, rapists, anyone who was violent and needed to be removed from general population of other prisons.

I can tell you unequivocally, that no one ever was raped in that prison. They were held in their cell for 23 out of 24 hours a day. They only got out an hour a day for exercise in one of the exercise cells we had built for them.

But that's a supermax prison. In prison where there is a general population, inmates do get raped. I was face to face with Christopher Skarver, the huge black man that murdered Jeffery Dahmer in the Columbia County prison. So if someone can be murdered in prison, they surely can be raped.

Forum List

Back