Racist Shoots Uber Driver Because He Was Hispanic

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A Kentucky woman has been accused of fatally shooting her West Texas Uber driver after mistakenly believing she was being kidnapped and taken to Mexico, according to police. Phoebe Copas remained jailed Sunday in El Paso, Texas, after being charged with murder last week in the death of 52-year-old Daniel Piedra Garcia. The shooting took place on June 16 as Piedra was driving Copas to a location in far southeast El Paso. Copas, who is from Tompkinsville, Kentucky, was in El Paso visiting her boyfriend, according to authorities. During the ride, Copas saw traffic signs that read “Juarez, Mexico,” according to an arrest affidavit. El Paso is located on the U.S.-Mexico border across from Juarez.

Believing she was being kidnapped and taken to Mexico, Copas is accused of grabbing a handgun from her purse and shooting Piedra in the head, according to the affidavit. The vehicle crashed into barriers before coming to a stop on a freeway. The area where the car crashed was “not in close proximity of a bridge, port of entry or other area with immediate access to travel into Mexico,” according to the affidavit. “I wish she would’ve spoken up, asked questions, not acted on impulse and make a reckless decision, because not only did she ruin our lives, but she ruined her life, too,” Lopez said. “We just want justice for him. That’s all we’re asking.”

I don't believe she was worried about being "kidnapped" - she did what she did because the driver was Hispanic...if the driver was black, she would not have shot him. This attempt to try to claim she thought she was being kidnapped is just her attempt to tap into the anti-Mexican-illegal alien paranoia - and trying to paint this man as some rapist or sex trafficker...nobody is trying to kidnap you, you fat piece of crap....and even if this moron did believe she was being kidnapped, why not say anything to the driver? Why not call the police? I hope she gets the death penalty but chances are she will be allowed to plead out and get life instead....either way, she doesn't need to be on the streets again...

"A Kentucky woman has been accused of fatally shooting her West Texas Uber driver after mistakenly believing she was being kidnapped and taken to Mexico, according to police. Phoebe Copas remained jailed Sunday in El Paso, Texas, after being charged with murder last week in the death of 52-year-old Daniel Piedra Garcia. The shooting took place on June 16 as Piedra was driving Copas to a location in far southeast El Paso. Copas, who is from Tompkinsville, Kentucky, was in El Paso visiting her boyfriend, according to authorities. During the ride, Copas saw traffic signs that read “Juarez, Mexico,” according to an arrest affidavit. El Paso is located on the U.S.-Mexico border across from Juarez.

Believing she was being kidnapped and taken to Mexico, Copas is accused of grabbing a handgun from her purse and shooting Piedra in the head, according to the affidavit. The vehicle crashed into barriers before coming to a stop on a freeway. The area where the car crashed was “not in close proximity of a bridge, port of entry or other area with immediate access to travel into Mexico,” according to the affidavit. “I wish she would’ve spoken up, asked questions, not acted on impulse and make a reckless decision, because not only did she ruin our lives, but she ruined her life, too,” Lopez said. “We just want justice for him. That’s all we’re asking.”

I don't believe she was worried about being "kidnapped" - she did what she did because the driver was Hispanic...if the driver was black, she would not have shot him. This attempt to try to claim she thought she was being kidnapped is just her attempt to tap into the anti-Mexican-illegal alien paranoia - and trying to paint this man as some rapist or sex trafficker...nobody is trying to kidnap you, you fat piece of crap....and even if this moron did believe she was being kidnapped, why not say anything to the driver? Why not call the police? I hope she gets the death penalty but chances are she will be allowed to plead out and get life instead....either way, she doesn't need to be on the streets again...
If he was illegal that was bidens fault surely ? Why arent we being told this ?

Uber really does screen drivers. I doubt anything about his was illegal if Uber certified him to drive.

LYFT screens their drivers. Uber, not so much.

No doubt she should have handled it better. Like, put the gun to his head and say "turn around. Right now."

She thought she was being kidnapped and the race baiting left claims she shot the driver because he was Hispanic. Can you believe any sensational story the left comes up with these days?

"I don't believe"? WTF is that worth?

Obviously a MAGA Trump voter.

Uber-driver-shooter.jpg

Forum List

Back