Racism: A Public Health Crisis (?)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Racism as a public health crisis focus of city council meetings

So, it seems to me that looking at the racial differences in health and longevity and ascribing them all to "racism" is deceptive, and serves no purpose other than allowing people to blame their own failings on others.

What about...
  • Obesity,
  • Alcohol and drug abuse,
  • Having children when you are too young (low birth weight and infant mortality),
  • Having children when you are unmarried, uninsured, unemployed, and impecunious,
  • Dropping out of high school and otherwise failing to take advantage of free public education,
  • Antisocial lifestyles...
...none of which has anything to do with racism, and all of which contribute to poor health and shortened lifespan.

Racism is a problem, and I think I can concur that Pittsburgh has a bigger racism problem than other large, eastern cities (e.g., Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, Cleveland), but until those other factors are seriously addressed, blaming racism is just a tactic for avoiding responsibility for personal failure. In the future will it be the failure to pay reparations? Probably.

I am old enough to remember when examples of racism were confined to instances where "colored people" were the victims of demonstrable negative discrimination because of their race. For example, being refused service (or access) in a restaurant, theater, swimming pool, golf course, or other public accommodation. Or being rejected for a job when a lesser-qualified "white" person was hired. The good old days.

Now racism is presumed to be the cause of any differences between or among demographic groups, and other obvious contributors are either denied or ignored. And when every attempt to identify discrimination fails, the race&poverty pimps now fall back on "institutional racism" or "white privilege."

Hello. I'd like to see a credible study indicating Racism is responsible for causing a Public Health Crisis.

In the meantime, I believe ample evidence exists clearly showing large numbers of citizens embracing INTRA RACIAL DISCRIMINATION values, as well as HATE, are responsible for creating our Nation's UNHEALTHY, potentially life scarring THUGLIFE Culture of Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment and Maltreatment that medical doctors and EBCD Scientists have declared a WORLDWIDE Child Care Public Health Crisis.

"Not only are 'PRO BLACK' women fvvking over our community, they are fvvking over black children" ~TheDevil

Child Abusing 'Pro Black' Women Are Destroying The Black Community:

Who is raising & socializing perfectly health newborns maturing into angry, HATEFUL teen & adult citizens like this apparent emotionally troubled adult:

⚠️ Strong HATEFUL Language
⚠️ Viewer Discretion Is Advised

Jesse Lee Peterson gets DRAGGED by #ProBlack Revolutionary Gazi Kodzo

Jesse Lee Peterson gets DRAGGED by Black Revolutionary Gazi Kodzo - Streamable

PRO BLACK Mental Health, gazi kodzo.png

_BLANK PRO BLACK HATERZ.png

_THUGLIFE Public Service Announcement.jpg

Jazelle Hunt, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris_2.png

Peace.

I am old enough to remember when examples of racism were confined to instances where "colored people" were the victims of demonstrable negative discrimination because of their race. For example, being refused service (or access) in a restaurant, theater, swimming pool, golf course, or other public accommodation. Or being rejected for a job when a lesser-qualified "white" person was hired. The good old days.

Now racism is presumed to be the cause of any differences between or among demographic groups, and other obvious contributors are either denied or ignored. And when every attempt to identify discrimination fails, the race&poverty pimps now fall back on "institutional racism" or "white privilege."

Maybe whites just need to stop covert racist practices.

So, it seems to me that looking at the racial differences in health and longevity and ascribing them all to "racism" is deceptive, and serves no purpose other than allowing people to blame their own failings on others.

What about...
  • Obesity,
  • Having children when you are too young (low birth weight and infant mortality),
  • Having children when you are unmarried, uninsured, unemployed, and impecunious,
  • Dropping out of high school and otherwise failing to take advantage of free public education,
...none of which has anything to do with racism, and all of which contribute to poor health and shortened lifespan.

Racism is a problem, and I think I can concur that Pittsburgh has a bigger racism problem than other large, eastern cities (e.g., Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, Cleveland), but until those other factors are seriously addressed, blaming racism is just a tactic for avoiding responsibility for personal failure. In the future will it be the failure to pay reparations? Probably.
Improvements in all of those issues you typed would cause improvements in everything else. Big time!

City Council votes to declare racism a health crisis, postpones pension bill

Well, they are ready to pull the trigger, and declare racism the source of all Blacks' problems in Pittsburgh.

The disturbing thing here is the total lack of respect for reality. They ascribe all health and economic differences to racism, while, in effect, denying the applicability of all other factors (listed in my OP), regardless of how obvious and measurable they are. And I didn't even mention IQ, because that would render me a racist, for sure.

We are all familiar with the tale of the tailor who sewed the magic invisible suit for the King - who in fact was wearing no clothes at all. This demand for enforced unreality is predominant on the political Left. "Not all women have vaginas." "Trump hates immigrants." "The world, as we know it, will end in 12 years." "Illegals are just hard-working people who only want to become productive citizens."

And they claim to be the "Party of Science."

What about...
  • Obesity,

It is not a public health crisis, usually it is a private mental health crisis. I recommend opioid sedatives to ease them on their journey.

Forum List

Back