Post election: nothing changes

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
After the election, I don't think it matters who is President in terms of getting things done.

The people, the states, the parties are all divided.

The president, whether Clinton or Trump, is going to have a Congress opposed either by party or by preference.

After the election, I don't think it matters who is President in terms of getting things done.

The president, whether Clinton or Trump, is going to have a Congress opposed either by party or by preference.
who told ya that? That pet mouse in your pocket?

Works on the assumption that the GOP Congress will stand up to Trumpenfuhrer.

The man practically admits to RAPING WOMEN on tape, and the GOP rank and file still stands behind him.

You think they are going to grow a backbone or a pair of balls once he's president?

• Banned

Works on the assumption that the GOP Congress will stand up to Trumpenfuhrer.The man practically admits to RAPING WOMEN on tape, and the GOP rank and file still stands behind him.You think they are going to grow a backbone or a pair of balls once he's president?
Your head hurts. Take your meds.

I said the opposite, guy. The parties, the country, the people -- all are divided.

You are a clown from the far left, nothing more.

Preview

I'll agree the country is divided and I'm not seeing it likely for either candidate to actively resolve that divide.

However, I do know that people in a good economy tend to be less hostile toward each other.

• Banned
I'll agree the country is divided and I'm not seeing it likely for either candidate to actively resolve that divide. However, I do know that people in a good economy tend to be less hostile toward each other.
After eight years since bush crashed the economy, we would hope the economy was better than it is, yes. However, people are more hostile to each other, at least over political issues.

I'll agree the country is divided and I'm not seeing it likely for either candidate to actively resolve that divide. However, I do know that people in a good economy tend to be less hostile toward each other.
After eight years since bush crashed the economy, we would hope the economy was better than it is, yes. However, people are more hostile to each other, at least over political issues.
The Clinton housing bubble did that.

Remember how he and his Justice Dept threatenened lawsuits if they didn't loan to the unqualified?

I don't buy the "Bush broke the economy" line - It was a combination of effects from the dot.com and housing bubble (which I'll note started with Bill Clinton) and the cost of the war in the ME (which started with Bush) and conflated with the spending spree (Obama)

Regardless, the political hostility is also an effect of the poor economy and the sense of desperation, on both sides. There are a lot of factors that aggravate the matter, but the base of it is that the economy is in shambles and the country is on the verge of economic ruin if faith is lost in the dollar. Politics plays into that, which plays into how comfortable businesses are feeling, which plays into their employees, which plays into the day to day stress of everyone unfortunate enough to not have enough in troubling times (for whatever reason.) And all of it results in a psychological effect of discontent which leads to violence. Humans are not as far removed from their animal side as one might think - the veneer of civilization is much thinner than anyone would like to believe. They say in a disaster within two weeks humans are at each others throats and all similarities to "civilization" are lost.

The Clinton housing bubble did that.

Remember how he and his Justice Dept threatenened lawsuits if they didn't loan to the unqualified?
Nope, that was the GOP housing bubble that did that. The Dems were in the minority. What EverCurious 'buys' is nonsense.

Ugh don't make me go dig up the HUGE write up I did on the Clinton housing bubble start Jake, I'm sure you read it >.<

Hillary wins barely and she loses bigly.....
The Republicans are already working on tying her up with investigations no help on Supreme court appointee.
They will go to work immediately on impeachment....

With Trump.... He's all talk and that's it.
No wall nothing changes.
Social Security will still be on the way to collapsing
Medicare the same....
We will end up at $ 22 trillion in debt....

So in the end the country stalls....Then before we know it we will be in election mode
again and nothing happens in congress because they are all off campaigning ....

And the American people are left just trying to get by.

Ugh don't make me go dig up the HUGE write up I did on the Clinton housing bubble start Jake, I'm sure you read it >.<
I corrected it then, if you did, and I correct it now.

One, Clinton was president.

Two, the House was solidly red.

When Hillary wins, she will be hog-tied by a Congress that thwarts her every initiative.

They were willing to let Barry get away with murder (refusing to enforce the laws he didn't like, issuing illegal and unconstitutional executive orders, populating the CFR with illegal, unconstitutional new regulations) because they didn't want to be accused of being racist. With her, they will not be as "kind."

Although we can expect at least two and possibly three USSC retirements in the next two years, Hillary's nominees will be DOA in the Senate, unless they have long and clear records of respect for the Constitution - which people she would never nominate.

Her legal troubles will NEVER end, which is why a pre-emptive, lame duck pardon by Barry is a distinct possibility.

The economy, already MUCH WEAKER THAN REPORTED, will go into a tailspin as the non-recovery propped up by excessive government spending and artificially low interest rates will peter out. Whom will she blame that on? Bush-43?

Anti-government movements and protests will proliferate, with everything the Feds do or try to do being challenged both physically and in court.

Trump will form the largest and most powerful political action committee (making himself a bundle of money in the process) that will dog the Clinton Administration's every move.

Yummy!

The GOP will say they will impeach but they won't, because they would face a highly favored Tim Kaine.

However, the Clinton WH AG and DOJ will dog Trump into jail and confiscate his properties as RICO properties.

Can Time work? -- 25 People to Blame for the Financial Crisis - TIME

Top 4:

In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods.

From the start, Bush embraced a governing philosophy of deregulation. That trickled down to federal oversight agencies, which in turn eased off on banks and mortgage brokers. Bush did push early on for tighter controls over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but he failed to move Congress.

[Stan O'neal]By June 2006, Merrill had amassed $41 billion in subprime CDOs and mortgage bonds, according to Fortune. As the subprime market unwound, Merrill went into crisis, and Bank of America swooped in to buy it.

[Wen Jiabao - Chinese government proxy] China is now the largest creditor to the U.S. government, holding an estimated $1.7 trillion in dollar-denominated debt. That massive build-up in dollar holdings is specifically linked to China's efforts to control the value of its currency. China didn't want the renminbi to rise too rapidly against the dollar, in part because a cheap currency kept its export sector humming — which it did until U.S. demand cratered last fall.

And the article points out that a compliant president and a red congress did the dirty.

Next.

Forum List

Back