Zone1 Pope Benedict sanctioned 800 molesting priests.. other things I just now learned about him

we may not agree with every single thing he says, but there is no doubt Benedict was not just an important academic but the greatest theologian ever to sit on the chair of St. Peter. he was a spiritual master who convinced through his uprightness and genuineness

I at first thought Benedict XVI was more or less one of the liberal clergy who had taken over at Vatican II and I do think that at one time he was fairly liberal. But this article shows he cared about preserving the true Catholic faith (unlike other popes we could mention of recent vintage)

from the site:

Benedict's critics were often as inaccurate as they were unfair. Laurie Goodstein of The New York Times wrote in 2013 that Benedict never removed predators from the priesthood.

She was wrong.

All total, from 2005 to 2013, he defrocked some eight hundred molesting priests.

Wow... he not only sanctioned the *&^%$#s but DEFROCKED them!! :)

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Gee... wonder why I am just now learning about this? this should have been front page news. Instead (but not surprisingly) you have to actually dig DEEP to get the facts on anything RE the Catholic Church...
Man o man. We know howz well them thar sanxionz werk !!!

I at first thought Benedict XVI was more or less one of the liberal clergy who had taken over at Vatican II and I do think that at one time he was fairly liberal. But this article shows he cared about preserving the true Catholic faith (unlike other popes we could mention of recent vintage)

from the site:

Benedict's critics were often as inaccurate as they were unfair. Laurie Goodstein of The New York Times wrote in 2013 that Benedict never removed predators from the priesthood.

She was wrong.

All total, from 2005 to 2013, he defrocked some eight hundred molesting priests.

Wow... he not only sanctioned the *&^%$#s but DEFROCKED them!! :)

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Gee... wonder why I am just now learning about this? this should have been front page news. Instead (but not surprisingly) you have to actually dig DEEP to get the facts on anything RE the Catholic Church...
Have you read the John Jay report?

He allowed priests to continue, without any limits on their ministry for two, after they were found guilty by the legal system.

The law firm report identified four cases in which Ratzinger was accused of misconduct in failing to act against abusers: Two cases involved priests who offended while Ratzinger was archbishop and were punished by the German legal system but were kept in pastoral ministry without any limits on their ministry. A third case involved a cleric who was convicted by a court outside Germany but was put into service in Munich; while the fourth involved a convicted pedophile priest who was allowed to transfer to Munich in 1980, and was later put into ministry. In 1986, the priest received a suspended sentence for molesting a boy.

“In a total of four cases, we came to the conclusion that the then-archbishop, Cardinal Ratzinger, can be accused of misconduct,” said one of the reports’ authors, Martin Pusch.

Two of those cases, he said, involved perpetrators who offended while he was in office and were punished by the judicial system but were kept in pastoral work without express limits on what they were allowed to do. No action was ordered under canon law

In a third case, a cleric who had been convicted by a court outside Germany was put into service in the Munich archdiocese and the circumstances speak for Ratzinger having known of the priest’s previous history, Pusch said.

When the church abuse scandal first flared in Germany in 2010, attention swirled around another case: that of a pedophile priest whose transfer to Munich to undergo therapy was approved under Ratzinger in 1980.

The priest was allowed to resume pastoral work, a decision that the church has said was made by a lower-ranking official without consulting the archbishop. In 1986, the priest received a suspended sentence for molesting a boy.

It's so easy to apply today's standards to acts that happened 40 years ago when much less was understood about recidivism rate of these gay molesters. But I notice the leftwing media is silent on the public school system which did the EXACT SAME THING in moving offenders around to other schools. What is worse is the molestation problem in public schools is not only continuing but ESCALATING. The national leftwing media is silent about it.

If he did not FORMALLY EXCOMMUNICATE the pedos (and he did not), he's complicit.
I hear the same thing about Pius XII not excommunicating Hitler. If he quit practicing the faith long before, what would have been the point?

he was the 1st German for 500 years to sit on the chair of St. Peter. ...

Indeed he is not really a German but a Bavarian and the German pope before had not been really a German but a Netherlander.

This is by the way the real Bavarian version of the Bavarian hymn and not the German version of the Bavarian hymn from politicians. Here's the text in German:

Gott mit dir, du Land der Bayern,
Heimaterde, Vaterland!
Über deinen weiten Gauen walte
Seine Segenshand!

|: Er behüte deine Fluren,
schirme deiner Städte Bau
und erhalte dir die Farben
deines Himmels, weiß und blau! :|

2. Gott mit uns, dem Bayernvolke,
wenn wir, unsrer Väter wert,
stets in Eintracht und in Frieden
bauen unsres Glückes Herd;

|: Dass vom Alpenland zum Maine
Jeder Stamm sich fest vertrau
Und die Herzen freudig eine
unser Banner, weiß und blau! :|

3. Gott mit uns und Gott mit allen,
die der Menschen heilig Recht
treu beschützen und bewahren
von Geschlechte zu Geschlecht.

|: Frohe Arbeit, frohes Feiern,
reiche Ernten jedem Gau!
Gott mit dir, du Land der Bayern
unterm Himmel, weiß und blau! :|

Last edited:
A SIN IS A SIN. PERIOD. ...

Without context no one is able to know what really had happened. Sometimes it is for example a sin to say the truth and anything else than a sin to tell a lie. Or what do you answer when a policeman under Hitler shows you a picture and asks you: "Do you know where is this Jew?"

Last edited:
It's so easy to apply today's standards to acts that happened 40 years ago when much less was understood about recidivism rate of these gay molesters.

Oh by the way: 90% of all cases here in Germany are indeed cases where homosexual men attacked boys - but the 10% cases where girls had been victims from heterosexual men had been often much more brutal and had caused very deep traumata. It's a real tragedy - for everyone who suffered.

But I notice the leftwing media is silent on the public school system which did the EXACT SAME THING in moving offenders around to other schools. What is worse is the molestation problem in public schools is not only continuing but ESCALATING. The national leftwing media is silent about it.

I on my own was astonished about the hysteria in this context. Reason - it was written about such cases in our newpapers here. I knew nearly everything what had happened in former times here in our area. But suddenly everything was "new" and after dozends of reports about always the same things this seemed to multiply what really had happened. Nevertheless: It was always a big tragedy when such an unbelievable crime did happen. I'm easily able to imagine that in the 1950ies, 60ies, 70ies a mob of people had lynched a clerics who had done so. This made it also not more easy to find the best of all possible solutions.

I know that it is not political correct to say so - and I am very far to underestimate real suffer - but I do also not think all this cases of abuse are real. Some seem indeed to love to construct something what has nothing to do with real history. For example had been made from people of the churches nearly all childrens home here. No one is able to know what had happened if other people had done this jobs. So called "Reformpädagogen" (~"reformist teachers") are by the way also closed meanwhile because of their models of "sexual freedom" - which are today only called any longer "sexual abuse".

I remember very well for example how in 1985 left wing politicians made an initiative to change laws: They liked to give children the freedom right to select their own sexual partner - or with words: they liked to give every man the right to abuse children. This legislative initiative was fortunatelly not successful.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back