Police State: 22-Year-Old Dies After Jail Guards Ignore Dairy Allergy...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
WTG Big Brother! Keep up the good work. :thup:

A 22-year-old man serving a short jail stint for pot possession died after corrections staff neglected his intense dairy allergy and seemingly ignored his frantic pleas for medical assistance, according to videos obtained by a local news channel.

Michael Saffioti was sentenced to jail time for skipping a court appearance relating to a marijuana possession charge. According to Saffioti’s mother, his extreme allergies gave him constant anxiety, and smoking pot helped calm his nerves.

Video footage from the Snohomish County Jail in Washington seems to show Saffioti questioning a prison guard about the contents of his breakfast on the morning of July 3, 2012...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8fMr5jgdOk]Michael Saffioti Dies In Jail Cell After Misdemeanor Pot Offense - YouTube[/ame]

Read more: 22-year-old dies after Jail guards ignore dairy allergy | The Daily Caller

Looks like ole Big Brother got himself another one of them evil Pot-Head Al Katers. I feel much safer now. I can finally sleep again.

They just give fines to pot possession here now.

The Guards should be fired. And this should be a lesson to everyone to show up to court when you are supposed to because you don't know who is going to be watching you if you're locked up

The Guards should be fired. And this should be a lesson to everyone to show up to court when you are supposed to because you don't know who is going to be watching you if you're locked up

Nah, gotta get them evil Pot-Head Al Katers. He deserved to die. The Gestapo is always right.

Nah, gotta get them evil Pot-Head Al Katers. He deserved to die. The Gestapo is always right.

Sets up more income redistribution from you to his Mom via the Obabble lawsuit factory.

Sad that guard did not take him seriously.

Paulitician - he was not jailed for pot, he was jailed for missing a court hearing. There is a difference.

The guards should be charged with manslaughter

Paulitician - he was not jailed for pot, he was jailed for missing a court hearing. There is a difference.

I am sorry but mussing the court hearing should not result in prison time.

On the other hand - don't smoke pot - it may kill you in a police state of affairs.

Sets up more income redistribution from you to his Mom via the Obabble lawsuit factory.

Yeah! Yeah! He deserved to die! We're all much safer now. Thank God he's off the streets. YAY GESTAPO!!

Never should have happened. Just another senseless death. Shameful.

The guards should be charged with manslaughter

No...the guard should be charged with MURDER, depraved indifference to human life.

He should get a year in prison...in maximum security's general population, with "BENT GUARD" tattooed on his face.

Unless the officers in that correctional system have a strong union that individual officer probably will be scapegoated and fired. But it's the overall system which is responsible, beginning with its utterly insane marijuana prohibition. This young man was sick and he used marijuana to treat his anxiety symptoms. Hopefully a ten million dollar lawsuit will encourage that jurisdiction to review its position on marijuana.

The officers should be charged as they should have known about his allergy, assuming they were told.

But there are some people out there who might think that this guy deserved to die, because he was a criminal, and crims deserve no rights.

The officers should be charged as they should have known about his allergy, assuming they were told.

But there are some people out there who might think that this guy deserved to die, because he was a criminal, and crims deserve no rights.

Sadly, you're right. Many people do feel that way.

Things like this are more common than you think. There was a doctor fired from one of the prisons I worked who refused to see a patient and he died. It was the second time. I had an encounter with her when I saw a patient who told me he thought an abdominal surgical wound was infected. I looked at it, and green pus was oozing out of it. I sent him across the hall to her. She did nothing for the man, then she came across the hall and reamed me out for sending him to her. She demanded that I remove my note from the chart, but I refused. She went completely ballistic. I called my supervising MD and he said, 'just keep doing what you are doing.' The next morning when I came in the social worker who helped me with clinic told me the man had died during the night. A couple months later she refused to see another one and the nurses strongly advised her to see the man. Here response without having seen him, 'he's faking.' The nurses got in gear and got her fired.

This is unacceptable. It doesn't matter what the person's crime is. That doesn't even figure into the picture. Medical care in jails and prison by law is supposed to meet the community standard. Guards and officers are supposed to be trained to identify a medical emergency. The fact that the person cannot go for help on his own is an exacerbating factor in an incident like this.

Last edited:
Clear negligence. No excuse, only multiple bureaucratic layers and levels of scapegoating. Let's fix it by adding more bureaucracy in place of sound reason. It's the way things go across the board.

Where do they come up with this stuff? Dying from lactose intolerance? Couldn't he avoid the exotic food they serve in jails and eat the plain stuff?

Another "victory" in the War on Drugs.

I thought marijuana was legal in Washington now.

Forum List

Back