Play the Guitars

Steven Lee Lukather (born October 21, 1957) is an American guitarist, singer, songwriter, arranger and record producer, best known for his work with the rock band Toto. A prolific session musician, Lukather has recorded guitar tracks for more than 1,500 albums representing a broad array of artists and genres. He has also contributed to albums and hit singles as a songwriter, arranger and producer. Lukather has released seven solo albums, the latest of which, Transition, was released in January 2013.

Tal Wilkenfield's a damned fine bassist.

yes, she is wonderful too! I've heard her before when someone else had posted some of her music. Look at her here! She looks like a little kid jamming with these huge big-time legends! We know she's great because these guys don't just jam with anyone. :D

Vinny Colauita, Zappa's Favorite Drummer.

Tal is just fucking awesome!

Guys did anyone realize who Vai was when he played with Zappa?
Did that music really catch up in the 80' in the US
(before Roth)?

...cause for me I think I'll need another 5 years to comprehend and enjoy Zappa.
All the outstanding musicians that I've fallen in love with - I just didn't get them from the beginning.

Just wonder how it was for You if You had the opportunity to experience it then.

yes, she is wonderful too! I've heard her before when someone else had posted some of her music. Look at her here! She looks like a little kid jamming with these huge big-time legends! We know she's great because these guys don't just jam with anyone. :D

Vinnie's the groove master.

(before Roth)?

...cause for me I think I'll need another 5 years to comprehend and enjoy Zappa.
All the outstanding musicians that I've fallen in love with - I just didn't get them from the beginning.

Just wonder how it was for You if You had the opportunity to experience it then.

Same thing with Vinny Colaiuta. That was Zappa's skill as a human and mentor: he could bring the best out of people

Last edited:

(before Roth)?

Little Stevie. I can't remember just when I first heard him.

Vinnie's the groove master.

Talking bout groove...
Who can chew a gum syncopated while holding this groove? :)

Sorry but the greatest guitarist who ever lived bar none:

1974.07.20.Knebworth1.jpg

Forum List

Back