Phone on speaker mode, parents listen to son shot by police

R

rdean

Video shows police shot Ohio man 8216 on sight 8217 as he leaned on toy gun in Walmart attorney says

He said the video suggests Crawford probably did not see or hear officers as they arrived.

Crawford was speaking by cell phone to his girlfriend, who was with his parents, when he was shot.

“He said he was at the video games playing videos, and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were,” said LeeCee Johnson, the mother of his two children. “The next thing I know, he said, ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting, and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him.”

Johnson put the phone on speaker mode, and she and Crawford’s parents heard him die.

“I could hear him just crying and screaming,” Johnson said. “I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”
----------------------------------------------------

So the police chief releases the 911 call where someone said they saw a guy in the store with a gun. So the police rush there and kill him. The guy is holding a toy in the toy department, picking out something for his kid while talking to his kid's mom.

But the police won't release the video showing the entire incident because they don't want to "create bias". But they release the 911 call, which, get this, creates bias favorable for the police.

Clearly, the guy was wearing a "hoodie".

john-crawford-man-suspected-of-holding-a-real-gun-in-an-ohio-wal-mart.png

Either release the entire thing in one shot or don't.

Something hinkey with this story.

First, the .177 pellet rifles are never in the toy department...they are always in sporting goods.

Second, they are always inside a secure package, never just laying out in the open.

At my Walmart, they are security locked.

I just bought a .22 Beeman the other day, they had to remove the security lock at the checkout.

First, the .177 pellet rifles are never in the toy department...they are always in sporting goods.

Second, they are always inside a secure package, never just laying out in the open.

I just bought a .22 Beeman the other day, they had to remove the security lock at the checkout.

Please don't disturb the children during their circle knee jerk.

Please don't disturb the children during their circle knee jerk.

It begins

Yea, because a black guy with two babies will carry a dangerous looking weapon into a store and wave it around at a bunch of white people because he knows nothing will happen. Course, while he's doing this, he will be talking to his wife and parents on speaker phone.

airrifle.jpg

The entire store is videotaped. They should just release the entire tape. His father said the guy was in the toy department and picked it up. Who knows who left it there from another department?
If the right was able to make Travon Martin, armed with Skittles and Ice Tea into a dangerous thug, imagine what they could do to this guy who had in his hand a facsimile of a scary looking weapon.

Police fatally shoot man holding an air rifle in Walmart toy aisle

April and Ronald Ritchie, of Riverside, told WHIO that they were in the hardware department Tuesday around 8:20 p.m. when they saw a man walking the aisles carrying what they thought was a real gun, pointing it toward the sky. The couple called 911.
The couple said they followed Crawford at a safe distance. "Anytime I saw people walking his way, I would get their attention," April Ritchie said. She said the man was cradling a cellphone between his left ear and shoulder while he messed with the rifle.

"He just kept messing with it and I heard a clicking," April Ritchie said.

Fairfield man shot by police at Walmart had air rifle Ohio AG Mike DeWine says - Story

Thomas said Crawford went into the store to purchase supplies to make s'mores.

A check of the Walmart on Wednesday showed it doesn’t carry toy guns in the toy section, but it does have real guns in glass cases and realistic-looking BB guns in the sporting goods section, including one BB gun box that was open.

Ronald Ritchie, an ex-Marine, said the man was pointing a black rifle at people near the pet section and that “he’s loading it right now.” Later, Ritchie said, “He looked like he was trying to load it, I don’t know.” He then added, “He just pointed it at two children.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Following him around the store. Telling people to be scared. Would anyone have bothered if he were white?

Yea, because a black guy with two babies will carry a dangerous looking weapon into a store and wave it around at a bunch of white people because he knows nothing will happen. Course, while he's doing this, he will be talking to his wife and parents on speaker phone.

airrifle.jpg

Except that that is exactly what was described. He walked around Walmart with what looked like a dangerous weapon.

No one at the store, nor the cops have psychic abilities...they know nothing about this family life, nor who he is on the phone with.

The entire store is videotaped. They should just release the entire tape. His father said the guy was in the toy department and picked it up. Who knows who left it there from another department?

I'm sure they will, be patient. It is not the least bit unusual for police to release a 911 recording early in an investigation. After the investigation is completed and any criminal proceedings are concluded, the video will be released.

Following him around the store. Telling people to be scared. Would anyone have bothered if he were white?

Yes, I think they would have.

Forum List

Back