Parenting....... thats how its done correctly

My mom would have rearranged my head for me.
I was the village whipping boy. I'd get it from Granny, mom, sis or a belt from older bro and dad. My Granny was 4'-11" and she kept her 6' husband, two 6' sons and three 6' grandsons in line with the back of her hand and a look that could wilt fresh lettuce.

I had an aunt like that. She was babysitting me one day when I was about 9. I'd been a hooligan so she told me to go fetch a whoopin stick. I wandered near, I wandered far. I wandered till my feet were blistered and I was about to drop from dehydration.

I went back in and she was pissed some more about my dilly dallying and said where's the switch?

I told her I couldn't find one that wouldn't rip the meat from my bones or break my spine.

Not the best idea I ever had.

When I was about 10, my dad would hand me his pocket knife an tell me to cut him a switch. One time I proceeded to cut about a 3 foot stick that was close to being rotten. When I handed it to him he threw it down and proceeded to cut a slender birch switch. I carried those welts on my butt for a loooong time.
We had a willow in Corpus Christi that my mom would tell me the same thing--"Go cut me a switch, make it a good one because if I don't like, I'll cut one and you won't like it."

You better believe it!

My granny raised me until I was about 10 years old.
And I knew I'd have gotten backhanded into the 18th century if I ever said anything or did anything rude or insulting!!!

This is what these little bastards need today. Less talk, more backhanding into last week!!!

Right.

Then kids bring this disrespect into the schools.....

But that is all the teachers' fault. Right?

We had a willow in Corpus Christi that my mom would tell me the same thing--"Go cut me a switch, make it a good one because if I don't like, I'll cut one and you won't like it."
Oh yeah!
I heard this one once.

Mind you ................. only ONCE.

Cause after that, I was a good little boy!!!!

Right.

Then kids bring this disrespect into the schools.....

But that is all the teachers' fault. Right?

Partially.

I had teachers you did NOT EVER want to mess with.

If you were a good, well behaved individual, you were treated like an adult.
If you wanted to act like a little fuktard, you go their wrath and were treated like a spoiled brat.

Partially.

I had teachers you did NOT EVER want to mess with.

If you were a good, well behaved individual, you were treated like an adult.
If you wanted to act like a little fuktard, you go their wrath and were treated like a spoiled brat.

Modern parents are ASKING THEIR BABIES for "consent" before they change their diapers.

Yes, really.

They have no tolerance for any other adult disciplining their children. They can't even do it themselves.

Forum List

Back