Outrage alert!! Errbody mad at SNL now for poking fun at heroine addicts

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
'Saturday Night Live' heroin sketch sparks outrage - CNN.com

Poor SNL. Can't make anything funny these days. We are gonna offend ourselves into misery and eventually comedy will be limited to knock knock jokes only.

People are outraged at SNL for poking fun at heroine addicts. Poking fun at Christians or Southerners or blue collar workers....that's all okay. But don't dare mock the beloved darling drug abusers of America!!!!

The skit....which is in fact quite hilarious and I enjoyed it very much:

Poor SNL. Can't make anything funny these days. We are gonna offend ourselves into misery and eventually comedy will be limited to knock knock jokes only.

People are outraged at SNL for poking fun at heroine addicts. Poking fun at Christians or Southerners or blue collar workers....that's all okay. But don't dare mock the beloved darling drug abusers of America!!!!

People need to get over themselves. It was a funny bit.

That being said, I am glad you managed to find a way to somehow make yourself out to be a victim in all this. "SNL makes of fun Christians and Southerners!" *sniffle*

have not watch SNL for years

but that was pretty funny

Who is "Errbody", and why is he/she mad at SNL for poking fun at people who are addicted to heroines? Aren't heroines women to be admired?

Their outrage is clearly misplaced. I mean did they not see Beyoncé's Super Halftime Show!?

anigif_this-gets-me-everytime-2738-1376505117-15_zps53563f9b.gif

That being said, I am glad you managed to find a way to somehow make yourself out to be a victim in all this. "SNL makes of fun Christians and Southerners!" *sniffle*

Oh I didn't say I was a victim. I said it's "ok" to make fun of them. And I am both of those...and often laugh at their skits.

Comedians are the court jesters of old times. Honestly....they're nobodies. The only difference is that in modern society....the jesters are rich.

If a jester came into the dining hall and did a comedy skit about the Knights and blacksmiths and the king....everyone would laugh and drink and send him away after the comedy show was over.

People take these actors and comedians too seriously.

Who is "Errbody", and why is he/she mad at SNL for poking fun at people who are addicted to heroines? Aren't heroines women to be admired?

"Errbody" is the ghetto way to pronounce "Everybody". I'm being cultural today.

Their outrage is clearly misplaced. I mean did they not see Beyoncé's Super Halftime Show!?

Mmm....little different. You watch SNL intending on seeing skits like that. You don't watch the Super Bowl intending to get a black panther show thrown in your face.

My issue with Beyonce's show was less the content and more the place it was shown. I knew she was a racist anti white militant type. I just don't want my football contaminated with displays of that shit.

Oh I didn't say I was a victim. I said it's "ok" to make fun of them. And I am both of those...and often laugh at their skits.

Comedians are the court jesters of old times. Honestly....they're nobodies. The only difference is that in modern society....the jesters are rich.

If a jester came into the dining hall and did a comedy skit about the Knights and blacksmiths and the king....everyone would laugh and drink and send him away after the comedy show was over.

People take these actors and comedians too seriously.

To me, nothing is scared when it comes to comedy.

Mmm....little different. You watch SNL intending on seeing skits like that. You don't watch the Super Bowl intending to get a black panther show thrown in your face.

My issue with Beyonce's show was less the content and more the place it was shown. I knew she was a racist anti white militant type. I just don't want my football contaminated with displays of that shit.

Imagine that! Your outrage is just and true while these mothers are merely being whiny pussies. :lol:

I thought SNL was very clever in their spoof of medicine commercials, but too many of us have had first hand experience with heroin addiction in our families or amongst our friends to find a skit on heroin funny. Too many OD's, deaths, prison sentences, and just the usual getting robbed by a brother, lied to endlessly... Heroin addiction is too personal to too many to be 'funny.'
I wasn't outraged, but the spoof could have been funnier with a different substance.

He manages to both support and object to SNL by encouraging funny stuff and complaining about people being offended while complaining about being offended as a Christian.

I mean, get off it already. Woe is me...all day

I thought SNL was very clever in their spoof of medicine commercials, but too many of us have had first hand experience with heroin addiction in our families or amongst our friends to find a skit on heroin funny. Too many OD's, deaths, prison sentences, and just the usual getting robbed by a brother, lied to endlessly... Heroin addiction is too personal to too many to be 'funny.'
I wasn't outraged, but the spoof could have been funnier with a different substance.

Like cocaine? Oxycontin?
I dont see the difference personally.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I encourage everyone to use the search function and see who complains about SNL the most. You'll notice they all have similar voting patterns.

I would say most families are touched by addiction in some way so that really doesn't fly with me. Would the gag be funnier if they were lampooning alcoholics or huffers?

Like cocaine? Oxycontin?
I dont see the difference personally.
I see your point. Spoofing pot would be funnier, but they did that decades ago with the two kids living in the basement....

Liberalism harms society more than heroine. Guess we have to stop making fun of those who are addicted to liberalism.

I would say most families are touched by addiction in some way so that really doesn't fly with me. Would the gag be funnier if they were lampooning alcoholics or huffers?
Probably. Like I said, I didn't come close to outraged, but yesterday I was comforting a coworker when she learned her sister had just OD'd on heroin. Maybe it's just too close right now for some people.

Forum List

Back