[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Block USMB scripts and this place is almost as good as the vbulletin version. :lol:

I have NoScript on all machines, so I guess I never encountered the USMB scripts in the first place.
and you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.....people like think they know something and have no clue what they're talking about.

NoScript may return errors while on site but in no way effects how the software works.

Block USMB scripts and this place is almost as good as the vbulletin version. :lol:

I have NoScript on all machines, so I guess I never encountered the USMB scripts in the first place.
and you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.....people like think they know something and have no clue what they're talking about.

NoScript may return errors while on site but in no way effects how the software works.
Incorrect. I don't get the disappearing quotes on here with USMB scripts blocked. I also don't get the annoying jumping to the wrong post when clicking on go to first unread.

Incorrect. I don't get the disappearing quotes on here with USMB scripts blocked. I also don't get the annoying jumping to the wrong post when clicking on go to first unread.
PEBKAC

PEBKAC
LMAO! Is that your new nickname?

PEBKAC

I always preferred Error Code: ID-10T.

PEBKAC
LMAO! Is that your new nickname?

I use and work with Xenforo on:
MAC (Chrome/Safari)
Nexus Tablet (Chrome)
Lumia Icon Smartphone (IE)
PC Windows 7 (Chrome)
Laptop Windows 8.1 (IE)

Problems? ZERO point ZERO

Any way on the home page we could have names of those on line in text/user names instead of the much less user-friend icons?

Any way we could get the notification of who is having birthdays today?

Any way on the home page we could have names of those on line in text/user names instead of the much less user-friend icons?

Any way we could get the notification of who is having birthdays today?
No and no.

Not because I don't want to, but because those items are not a a part of the software

Ravi why do you disable scripts? Whats your reasoning?

I can't speak for Ravi, but scripts are a security flaw on my machines. I don't want any executable code on my network that I haven't sent through the rigors of testing. Some of the nastiest malware out there is script driven. Click highjacks, redirectors, homepage hacks. the infamous ASK toolbar virus, all script driven.

I can't speak for Ravi, but scripts are a security flaw on my machines. I don't want any executable code on my network that I haven't sent through the rigors of testing. Some of the nastiest malware out there is script driven. Click highjacks, redirectors, homepage hacks. the infamous ASK toolbar virus, all script driven.
I've never disabled scripts on any of my machines since the dawn of the internet and haven't run into any security and/or malware issues ever. What are doing that .EXE's are trying to run on your machine?

I concur with you.

I've never disabled scripts on any of my machines since the dawn of the internet and haven't run into any security and/or malware issues ever. What are doing that .EXE's are trying to run on your machine?

I have a network of about 500 machines. Not all of my users have what I would call common sense. You don't need an .EXE to do serious damage. Javascript can easily open ports on the Windows Firewall. Siverlight and Flash can bring in redirects through scripts.

Forum List

Back