Of course our nation is divided... Humanity is always divided bc we are all different

justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022

I thought it strange that more Rs feel we are divided than Ds do

But in any case, I never could u/stand the big problem with us being divided.

We have always been divided:

Catholics v Protestants
rich v poor
middle class v very poor
smart v dumb
educated v not

and so on and so forth

I'm quite happy that I am divided (separated) from some of the people I hve known over the years

I am most happy of all that I don't live in DC where there worst of the worst live...

I hear btw that they (DC) has the highest murder rate in the nation or used to.. .figures

The poll in your link was done in Aug 2016 while Obama was still in office. What do you want to bet that once Trump got elected the numbers kinda switched. And switched back when Biden got sworn in too. Nothing strange about that IMHO. Trust in our institutions that were once venerated is now pretty much gone and truth is hard to find. Which leaves a lot of people more distrustful of each other.

However, your main point is well taken, we have always been divided along many different lines. But it seems like these days and for some years now that divide has gotten more acrimonious and in some cases violent. I think we dislike or even hate one another more than we used to, although at times in our history we've gotten pretty bitter about it and even fought a civil war.

The poll in your link was done in Aug 2016 while Obama was still in office. What do you want to bet that once Trump got elected the numbers kinda switched.
I checked the date on that and it was 2022

Poll: 72 Percent of Voters Believe That America Is Divided​

Poll: 72 Percent of Voters Believe That America Is Divided

Vice President Joe Biden and Speaker of the House Rep. Paul Ryan listen as President Barack Obama gives the State of the Union. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)
By Joe Crowe | Monday, 15 August 2016 03:24 PM EDT

Poll: 72 Percent of Voters Believe That America Is Divided​

Poll: 72 Percent of Voters Believe That America Is Divided

Vice President Joe Biden and Speaker of the House Rep. Paul Ryan listen as President Barack Obama gives the State of the Union. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)
By Joe Crowe | Monday, 15 August 2016 03:24 PM EDT
well, it looks like those people need to change their dates... have someone

proof - read

Regardless what the date is the situation is still the same. While the left keeps pushing the nation more Communist and the right pushing us more constitutionalist, where is the middle-ground? There is none. It's like trying to unite Israel with the Palestinians. The Jews are willing to meet at a half-way point but the only solution that will make the Palestinians happy is all the Jews dead. So what's the half-way point for them, kill half the Jews?

It's not that much different in the US and the only real solution is to divide our country into two countries instead. Together we will continue to be miserable as the left wants us to be more like Europe than America.

Forum List

Back