Obamacare Will Cost 50 Billion More Per Iear

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
More surprises from Obamacare:eusa_eh:

Federal payments required by President Barack Obama’s health care law are being understated by as much as $50 billion per year because official budget forecasts ignore the cost of insuring many employees’ spouses and children, according to a new analysis. The result could cost the U.S. Treasury hundreds of billions of dollars during the first ten years of the new health care law’s implementation.

“The Congressional Budget Office has never done a cost-estimate of this [because] they were expressly told to do their modeling on single [person] coverage,” said Richard Burkhauser in a telephone interview Monday. Burkhauser is an economist who teaches in Cornell University’s department of policy analysis and management. On Monday the National Bureau of Economic Research published a working paper on the subject that Burkhauser co-authored with colleagues from Cornell and Indiana University.

Employees and employers can use the rules to their own advantage, he said. “A very large number of workers” will be able to apply for federal subsidies, “dramatically increasing the cost” of the law, he said.

Read more: Obamacare | cost | The Daily Caller

Last edited by a moderator:
But...but...but....Doctors removing your tonsils for $30,000!

You can keep your coverage (as long as it continues to be issued)!

You can see your own doctor (as long as he stays in practice)!

Choice & competition!...Bending the cost curve!...:rolleyes:

More surprises from Obamacare:eusa_eh:

Federal payments required by President Barack Obama’s health care law are being understated by as much as $50 billion per year because official budget forecasts ignore the cost of insuring many employees’ spouses and children, according to a new analysis. The result could cost the U.S. Treasury hundreds of billions of dollars during the first ten years of the new health care law’s implementation.

“The Congressional Budget Office has never done a cost-estimate of this [because] they were expressly told to do their modeling on single [person] coverage,” said Richard Burkhauser in a telephone interview Monday. Burkhauser is an economist who teaches in Cornell University’s department of policy analysis and management. On Monday the National Bureau of Economic Research published a working paper on the subject that Burkhauser co-authored with colleagues from Cornell and Indiana University.

Employees and employers can use the rules to their own advantage, he said. “A very large number of workers” will be able to apply for federal subsidies, “dramatically increasing the cost” of the law, he said.

In May a congressional committee set the accounting rules that determine who will qualify for federal health care subsidies under the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. When the committee handed down the rules to the Congressional Budget Office, its formula excluded the health care costs of millions of workers’ spouses and children. The result was a final estimate for 2010 that hides those costs.

“This is a very important paper,” Heritage Foundation health care expert Paul Winfree told TheDC. These hidden costs, he said, “will almost certainly add to the deficit, contrary to what the Congressional Budget Office and others have estimated.”

Discussion about this is timely, Winfree added, because Congress’s 12-member “super committee” is about to draft another round of cuts to 10-year spending plans.

Burkhauser says his paper will be expanded later this year because “we have gotten so much heat for this work, that in our final version we are more clearly explaining how we came to find out about the change in the Committee’s [the Joint Committee on Taxation’s] interpretation of the law.”

The president’s health care law provides government subsidies for, among others, private-sector employees who earn between 1.33 times and 4 times the poverty level, and who also spend more than 9.5 percent of their family income on health care.

On May 4, 2010, the Joint Committee on Taxation directed the Congressional Budget Office to ignore family members when determining whether employees actually pay more than 9.5 percent of their household income on insurance.

The instruction was included in a correction of a complex, 150-page March 21 document. The correction read: “ERRATA FOR JCX-18-10 … On page 15, Minimum essential coverage and employer offer of health insurance coverage, in the second sentence of the second paragraph, ‘the type of coverage applicable (e.g., individual or family coverage)’ should be replaced with ‘self-only coverage

Read more: Obamacare | cost | The Daily Caller

Fuck Obamacare and Fuck Obama, the single largest disaster to ever enter our hemisphere, destroy it now before it destroys us!!!

Your spell check is about as good as your predictions.

Good luck in 2012! Obama (and for this one time, I say we should allow three terms :) ) will win again in 2012!

Last edited:

Your spelll check is about as good as your predicitions.

Good lukc in 2012! Obama (and for this one time, I say we should allow three terms :) ) willl win again in 2012!

lol... I love it when people make predictions when they honestly have no clue wtf they are talking about. Yes Obama could win, he could very easily lose by a landslid though.

Good lukc in 2012! Obama (and for this one time, I say we should allow three terms :) ) willl win again in 2012!

In your dreams Zona....

It's not even clear he will win the DNC nomination....

He's toast....

What are you willing to bet?????

lol... I love it when people make predictions when they honestly have no clue wtf they are talking about. Yes Obama could win, he could very easily lose by a landslid though.

Damn, talk about covering your bases...He COULD win and he could lose by a landslide? Really?

By the way, he will win, and he will do it bigger than 2008. The republican party is really really in bad shape and at this point...who will beat him? Serious question here, who?

In your dreams Zona....

He's toast....

The fact that you think he wont even win the dnc nomination proves you have no idea what you are talking about.

He's toast? Who is going to beat him? Should I worry about dems now beating him for his own party nomination? LOLOLOLOL

What a joke. 2008's win will be small in comparison. I am willing to bet our names on this board with you.

If he wins, you leave forever with your name. I he loses, I will leave forever with my name. Bet?

Last edited:
I see no hope for Obama or the Democrats. I also see little hope the Good ole Boys..
Watch the Tea Party come to life in a big way.. Then dump the Republican name and replace it with the Tea Party Brand. 2013 is the year Americas restoration will begin.
Unless the NWO has bought and paid for all of them. If that happens, it's us to us to take our country back and Rid ourselves of the Bilderbergs once and for all.
Lets hope the Tea Party wins. It will benefit all Americans in the end.

Obamacare will never become law in fact. Its just another failed part of his presidency. I see a 5-3 vote.. no kagan vote allowed.
It should be a no 10 across the board. But Judges these day like to circumvent the constitution.

Last edited:
I see no hope for Obama or the Democrats. I also see little hope the Good ole Boys..
Watch the Tea Party come to life in a big way.. Then dump the Republican name and replace it with the Tea Party Brand. 2013 is the year Americas restoration will begin.
Unless the NWO has bought and paid for all of them. If that happens, it's us to us to take our country back and Rid ourselves of the Bilderbergs once and for all.
Lets hope the Tea Party wins. It will benefit all Americans in the end.

As intriguing as the thought. The more likely scenario is the GOP suddenly finds its back bone again.

Your spell check is about as good as your predictions.

Good luck in 2012! Obama (and for this one time, I say we should allow three terms :) ) will win again in 2012!

Translation..... I love you Obama....They don't know you like I do....You want what's best for us...President for life.

In your dreams Zona....

He's toast....

The fact that you think he wont even win the dnc nomination proves you have no idea what you are talking about.

He's toast? Who is going to beat him? Should I worry about dems now beating him for his own party nomination? LOLOLOLOL

What a joke. 2008's win will be small in comparison. I am willing to bet our names on this board with you.

If he wins, you leave forever with your name. If he loses, I will leave forever with my name. Bet?

His Presidency is in a coma and at this point all he continues to do is distance himself from the Independents and 2/3rd's of the Democrats that elected him in '08, stay in your delusional state of mind, in 2 to 4 months he will have serious threats from within his own party, they are only interested in retaining power, sadly it is the base scum of the Democratic Party who will try to stand behind him, it appears that includes you as well.....

Here is my stipulation, once he loses, you only have to do the following; you will have to admit Obama was a TOTAL DISASTER and Obamacare was his attempt to justify his hatred of capitalism....

Are you game?

Last edited:
Gee, what a surprise. Another government big bill program is going to cost billions more than first expected.

$50 billion additional to forecast would be a blessing.
In keeping with how grossly understated costs are in government programs (on both sides of the aisle) I would expect nothing less than $200-$300 billion more.

Forum List

Back