Obama to propose Pell Grant expansion

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Investing our best an brightest young minds in accelerated programs...
He who opens a school door, closes a prison. ~ Victor Hugo

Obama Administration Seeks Pell Grant Expansion
By jennifer c. kerr, associated press
WASHINGTON — Jan 19, 2016

<snip>

Two new proposals, announced Tuesday by the Education Department, would expand the $29 billion program by $2 billion in the new fiscal year. They'll be part of President Barack Obama's budget proposal next month.

One proposal, called the Pell for Accelerated Completion, would help low-income students earn Pell money for a third semester in an academic year — letting them take classes over the summer. Many full-time students exhaust their annual eligibility after two semesters. The other, the On-Track Pell Bonus, would give a $300 reward to students taking at least 15 credits per semester in an academic year.

"These two new Pell proposals will help students stay on track to finish college on time or faster by allowing students to access additional Pell aid," Acting Secretary John King Jr. said in a press call with reporters. King, who took the helm at the department this month after the retirement of Arne Duncan, said college completion for students is his priority this year.

<snip>

who give a crap. isn't that Obambam something? It's easy to PROPOSE something as long as it's NOT HIS MONEY he's proposing to hand out. . the people don't care what he has to say anymore. we have more important things in our live now. the trill is gone. even Chrissy Matthews has lost his tingle for him
go play golf or something

but this also show you how DESPERATE the Democrats are. they are throwing out proposals with OUR MONEY left and right because they see the writing on the wall come 2016

Last edited:
More college graduates who can't fine a job. Paid for by we the taxpayer.

Grant my ass. Its tax money. Money someone else earned.

If they want a college education let em get a job and pay for it themselves.

I was just reading this:

snip:

Thousands Apply to U.S. to Forgive Their Student Loans, Saying Schools Defrauded Them
Borrowers owing $164 million have stepped forward in the past 6 months, citing a previously obscure federal law

By
Josh Mitchell
Jan. 20, 2016 5:30 a.m. ET

Americans are flooding the government with appeals to have their student loans forgiven on the grounds that schools deceived them with false promises of a well-paying career—part of a growing protest against years of surging college costs.

In the past six months, more than 7,500 borrowers owing $164 million have applied to have their student debt expunged under an obscure federal law that had been applied only in three instances before last year. The law forgives debt for borrowers who prove their schools used illegal tactics to recruit them, such as by lying about their graduates’ earnings.

all of it here:
Thousands Apply to U.S. to Forgive Their Student Loans, Saying Schools Defrauded Them

I was just reading this:

snip:

Borrowers owing $164 million have stepped forward in the past 6 months, citing a previously obscure federal law

By
Josh Mitchell

Americans are flooding the government with appeals to have their student loans forgiven on the grounds that schools deceived them with false promises of a well-paying career—part of a growing protest against years of surging college costs.

In the past six months, more than 7,500 borrowers owing $164 million have applied to have their student debt expunged under an obscure federal law that had been applied only in three instances before last year. The law forgives debt for borrowers who prove their schools used illegal tactics to recruit them, such as by lying about their graduates’ earnings.

all of it here:

This is why the program was stopped by Bush I and restarted by Clinton.

These students borrow money but don't pay it back.

Do away with all student loans. If they want a college education they can get a job and pay for it.

I was just reading this:

snip:

By
Josh Mitchell

all of it here:

This is why the program was stopped by Bush I and restarted by Clinton.

These students borrow money but don't pay it back.

Do away with all student loans. If they want a college education they can get a job and pay for it.

exactly, but I think this was a shady thing by this government to begin with. they have many youngsters in dept. to them. so they can take classes like: white shaming or basket weaving. totally unprepared for a job in the REAL world.

Better we spend our money on collage educations than endless bullshit wars that produce questionable results at best

you must be a liberal if you aren't getting it. these are LOANS. not Free. there are Millions of mostly the Youngsters in DEPT to this Government.

Better we spend our money on collage educations than endless bullshit wars that produce questionable results at best

you must be a liberal if you aren't getting it. these are LOANS. not Free. there are Millions of mostly the Youngsters in DEPT to this Government.

Are you a liberal? It is quite clear you are not getting it as Pell Grants are not loans and do not need to be paid back. True story. :thup:

Pay for College - What Is a Pell Grant?

Are you a liberal? It is quite clear you are not getting it as Pell Grants are not loans and do not need to be paid back. True story. :thup:

Oh somebody is paying them back....

Prob'ly so's his Hispexican Dreamers...

And you wonder why your party only gets 15% Hispanic support.

how do you know what he's supports? because I never could figure it out myself. if you want to go with that. Look at YOUR party right now savaging a Woman who ran for Vice President. they are the party for the women. pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffesh

Oh somebody is paying them back....

No doubt, but they are still not loans.

how do you know what he's supports? because I never could figure it out myself. if you want to go with that. Look at YOUR party right now savaging a Woman who ran for Vice President. they are the party for the women. pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffesh

I'm not a member of any party. I'm a registered independent.

I'm not a member of any party. I'm a registered independent.

I'm registered as an npd. No party designated. Simply leave all choice blank when you register.

I consider myself a moderate that leans liberal. Always have been & always will be.

Forum List

Back