Obama to Normalize Relations with Cuba

The Cubans in America see this as a way to increase the wealth and power of the Castros. We have not only old Cubans that came years ago, their children and grandchildren with no memory of the cruelty and oppression. We have recently arrived Cubans who tell those children and grandchildren of Castro's Cuba.

Things have to change but this does not mean that Cuba has changed. Cuba is the same Castro infected island it has always been. obumble imagines that he's going to send the SEIU over there to unionize.

Cuba still has closer ties to Moscow than Washington. This is one of those events that is going to go very badly.

Gee I wonder why they have a closer tie to Moscow? Could it be because of a 50 year embargo and no diplomatic ties?
No since it was Russia putting missiles in Cuba that caused the embargo.

Cuba has remained the way it is because we have let it. They can't see how much better the American way of life is because we haven't cared to show them for 50 years. If the government is stubborn we have to try to reach the people.

Things have to change but this does not mean that Cuba has changed. Cuba is the same Castro infected island it has always been. obumble imagines that he's going to send the SEIU over there to unionize.

Cuba still has closer ties to Moscow than Washington. This is one of those events that is going to go very badly.

Gee I wonder why they have a closer tie to Moscow? Could it be because of a 50 year embargo and no diplomatic ties?
No since it was Russia putting missiles in Cuba that caused the embargo.

Cuba has remained the way it is because we have let it. They can't see how much better the American way of life is because we haven't cared to show them for 50 years. If the government is stubborn we have to try to reach the people.
You will not reach the people by propping up and empowering the dictator. Cuba gave not a single concession.

The Cubans in America see this as a way to increase the wealth and power of the Castros. We have not only old Cubans that came years ago, their children and grandchildren with no memory of the cruelty and oppression. We have recently arrived Cubans who tell those children and grandchildren of Castro's Cuba.

You are wrong. I'm Cuban. I know first hand that older Cubans in America hate the people who stayed and want them to continue being punished by their decision to stay. That won't accomplish anything. Castro is an evil man, and we've let him keep Cuba for too long. He's not long for this world and now is the time to repair relations with one of our closest neighbors.

Good. Let's get Cuba back instead of extending the insanity of the last generation and letting Russia and other enemies control it.

What do you mean "get it back?"

This is a move that gives Cuba 100% of what they want, with nothing - I mean NOTHING, in return.

Obama is the most incompetent fool to ever disgrace the Oval Office. I've said for years that my Dingo would make a better president - but I'll now go so far as to say a CAT would make a better president.

Good. Let's get Cuba back instead of extending the insanity of the last generation and letting Russia and other enemies control it.

What do you mean "get it back?"

This is a move that gives Cuba 100% of what they want, with nothing - I mean NOTHING, in return.

Obama is the most incompetent fool to ever disgrace the Oval Office. I've said for years that my Dingo would make a better president - but I'll now go so far as to say a CAT would make a better president.

The embargo has accomplished nothing except encourage Cuba to get involved with Iran, Venezuela and other communist countries. Investment by American people and companies is ho we will "get back" Cuba.

Rubio just spoke and bent over for his Cuban friends in Florida. He always seems kind of desperate to appear like a grownup.

I blame the teapers for this...their obstruction, vitriol and hate politics actually gave Obama more political power and arrogance...you (teapers) spent so much time crying about manufactured controversies - he can now do what he wants and just point and laugh at you because of the hyperbolic and hysteria nonsense. You are the bitches that cried wolf and destroyed the GOP.

I think this is an absolute crock of shit. You act as though you believe with all your heart that liberal democrats would have been easy to work with and downright accommodating to republicans if it had not been for those pesky "tea baggers!" Oh, if they had just not stood up for their principles and rolled over like good little puppies, everything would be just lovely in the world of politics right now! What a fucking moron!

First and foremost, the tea party has been absolutely correct on every position they have taken. From the bailouts and stimulus that didn't work to Obamacare and ending the Bush tax cuts. They've been spot-on with foreign policy as well. They warned against pulling out of Iraq too soon, they warned of what would happen in Mubarak fell in Egypt, and all has transpired exactly as they said it would.

The reason Obama can do what he wants is the IDIOTS who represent the "establishment GOP!" On the heels of one of the most monumental defeats of democrats and democrat policy in November, a complete and total rejection of the Obama agenda... Mitch McConnell announces the new Republican majority will not use the power of the purse to stop Obama. WTF? Win the damn election and wave the white flag?

No, establishment cronies... you do not get to sit on your ass and allow Obama to rule the roost with impunity then blame THAT on tea party patriots standing up for their principles. Sorry! Not gonna fly!

obumble's betrayal of the Cuban people have not only caused a rift among democrats but created a wedge among other hispanics as well.

Senate Dem Cuba trade rewards brutal behavior TheHill

This new poll shows a majority of Cuban people and over 90% of younger Cuban-Americans support lifting the embargo. Over 70% agree that the embargo has not accomplished its goal.

Polls Show Cuban-American Views On U.S.-Cuba Relations Are Nuanced The Two-Way NPR
Normalizing diplomatic relations does not also lift the embargo.

obumble's betrayal of the Cuban people have not only caused a rift among democrats but created a wedge among other hispanics as well.

This new poll shows a majority of Cuban people and over 90% of younger Cuban-Americans support lifting the embargo. Over 70% agree that the embargo has not accomplished its goal.

Polls Show Cuban-American Views On U.S.-Cuba Relations Are Nuanced The Two-Way NPR
Normalizing diplomatic relations does not also lift the embargo.

It's the 1st step.

The embargo has accomplished nothing except encourage Cuba to get involved with Iran, Venezuela and other communist countries. Investment by American people and companies is ho we will "get back" Cuba.

One of the most sacred myths of the left involves Cuba and missiles. One might think from that myth, that Cuba was already in bed with Russia before the embargo.

Clearly Obama has cronies who are eager to get in bed with Castro and enrich him. I'm sure some stooges will pad Obama's pocket in the process.

The new poll is an NPR poll meaning it is only among rabid liberals.

One of the most sacred myths of the left involves Cuba and missiles. One might think from that myth, that Cuba was already in bed with Russia before the embargo.

Clearly Obama has cronies who are eager to get in bed with Castro and enrich him. I'm sure some stooges will pad Obama's pocket in the process.

That's the most delusional, paranoid shit I've ever seen. Yea sure Cuba will make Obama a billionaire :cuckoo:

The new poll is an NPR poll meaning it is only among rabid liberals.

The article is by NPR. The poll is not moron. In 1991 87% of Cuban-Americans supported the embargo according to THIS SAME POLL. Now 68% oppose it.

Forum List

Back