Obama Down 43% With White Voters

You have to figure that the drop in the white vote Obama is experiencing cannot be conveniently laid on the alter of racism. Millions of whites who voted for Obama in 2008 are going to vote for Romney. This is pretty much a fact borne out by poll after poll.

If you discount racism, then what happened?

Obama Coming Up Short With White Voters - Ken Walsh's Washington (usnews.com)

I don't discount racism.

Obama has gone from 43% of the White vote in 2008 to 37% now (if the polls are right, which they probably aren't.)

Which- again- not enough to overcome the fact he has 80%+ support from minorities.

You have to figure that the drop in the white vote Obama is experiencing cannot be conveniently laid on the alter of racism. Millions of whites who voted for Obama in 2008 are going to vote for Romney. This is pretty much a fact borne out by poll after poll.

I don't discount racism.

Obama has gone from 43% of the White vote in 2008 to 37% now (if the polls are right, which they probably aren't.)

Which- again- not enough to overcome the fact he has 80%+ support from minorities.
So what you're saying is that 10 of millions of Americans having voted for Obama suddenly became racists in "post-racial America" or as other's portrayed it, "the Age of Obama"?

Sounds more than just a bit goofy to me.

I don't discount racism.

So what you're saying is that 10 of millions of Americans having voted for Obama suddenly became racists in "post-racial America" or as other's portrayed it, "the Age of Obama"?

well, first, I doubt it's "10's of millions". 6% of the White vote probalby only equates to about 4 million people, tops.

Second, I haven't talked to one person yet who voted for Obama in 2008 who tells me he or she is for Romney now.

Do I think that there are people who are disappointed with Obama. Sure.

But 90% of what animates Romney's campaign is racism that was there in 2008 and is still there now.

I don't discount racism.

well, first, I doubt it's "10's of millions". 6% of the White vote probalby only equates to about 4 million people, tops.

Second, I haven't talked to one person yet who voted for Obama in 2008 who tells me he or she is for Romney now.

Do I think that there are people who are disappointed with Obama. Sure.

But 90% of what animates Romney's campaign is racism that was there in 2008 and is still there now.
Sorry, that dog won't hunt. The racism excuse is too old and too unproven. People voted for Obama precisely because he was black. Now they won't, not because he suddenly became blacker or because they hadn't realized he was black originally but because he is a fucking disaster of epic proportions. Like your posts.

Sorry, that dog won't hunt. The racism excuse is too old and too unproven. People voted for Obama precisely because he was black. Now they won't, not because he suddenly became blacker or because they hadn't realized he was black originally but because he is a fucking disaster of epic proportions. Like your posts.

True story.

At a party, a woman said that Facebook cancelled her account after she called Obama the "N-word", and she didn't understand what she did wrong.

Please, it's all about the racism.

True story.

At a party, a woman said that Facebook cancelled her account after she called Obama the "N-word", and she didn't understand what she did wrong.

Really? Thats your response? Total pitiful fail.

I also dont understand what she did wrong. If someone called George W Bush a cracker would FB cancel their account? No.

True story.

I also dont understand what she did wrong. If someone called George W Bush a cracker would FB cancel their account? No.

Not even comparable, and you know it.

Oh, wait. Maybe you don't.

You really need to go back to school and take math over. Maybe this time around, you will pay attention so that you receive a passing grade. If Obama was down 43% with white voters, Romney would be up in the polls by seven to ten points.

In 2008, Obama received 43% of the white vote. This year, he is only polling at 37% which is a 14% drop. Some of this he has made up by taking a larger slice of the minority vote along with the fact that the minority vote is a larger percentage of the total vote this year.

True story.

Not even comparable, and you know it.

Oh, wait. Maybe you don't.

That's really your response?

Obama's piss-poor performance is responsible for his high negatives among whites. Racism is merely an excuse by the left and the brain dead who support them, like you.
Remind me why you don't support Romney. Oh yeah, you're a fucking bigot.

[

That's really your response?

Obama's piss-poor performance is responsible for his high negatives among whites. Racism is merely an excuse by the left and the brain dead who support them, like you.
Remind me why you don't support Romney. Oh yeah, you're a fucking bigot.

I don't support Romney because he belongs to a whacky cult that thinks Theocracy is nifty.

They even think he's the fulfillment of the "White Horse Prophecy".

Sadly, racism has animated his joke of a campaign...

Someone needs to reboot you Joeb. Throw out everything you think you know and start over.

He's spent who knows how long learning this stuff. He'll spend twice that trying to unlearn it and another of the same learning what is correct and what isn't. By that time he'll be 230 years old.

Someone needs to reboot you Joeb. Throw out everything you think you know and start over.

He's spent who knows how long learning this stuff. He'll spend twice that trying to unlearn it and another of the same learning what is correct and what isn't. By that time he'll be 230 years old.

I didn't give a crap about what Mormons believed until I actually encountered some... and even then, I wasn't in a big hurry. Just curious how anyone could be that screwed up and creepy.

And then I found out.

But at least Romney's not black...that's the important thing.

I don't discount racism.

Racism... The very first response. Why am I not surprised. :lol:

I read also, that he is way down with Independents, from even a week ago. But it is all still a toss up isn't it??? Can't wait for this to be OVER!!!

I don't discount racism.

Racism... The very first response. Why am I not surprised. :lol:

Why should you be?

75% of Republicans didn't want Romney from the get-go. They flipped from every other possible option before being told he was their guy.

Not to worry, after he loses, you can say Romney wasn't a real conservative and that's why he lost.

Forum List

Back