Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

HEY, I think the Obama hatred has gone too far and IS hurting our country, and I think the whining little twits that make crap up just to get their obamaramadrama allocation in for the day ARE hurting our country....

Free speech is free speech and protected by the constitution if you are not lying....but if you are lying or not telling the whole truth, it is NOT protected speech....just in case you all did not know that....

Get to the larger issue.

Is our access to information a distraction or in reality is it empowering the people too much for government to accept.

It certainly is not Obama's or any politician's job to tell us what information is relevant is it?

no, it is not within the government's powers to do such....but it is within Obama's rights to say what he thinks to be true.

Just as president Bush and Cheney bashed the media continually.

Get to the larger issue.

Is our access to information a distraction or in reality is it empowering the people too much for government to accept.

It certainly is not Obama's or any politician's job to tell us what information is relevant is it?

It's actually not a big fucking deal what his opinion is on what the info. overload age is doing, so long as he's not legislating that opinion. Run and hide under the covers though.

Also, he's exactly right. Look at Frank.

So then why is his administration pushing to make the internet a public utility thereby allowing more governmental control over it?

HEY, I think the Obama hatred has gone too far and IS hurting our country, and I think the whining little twits that make crap up just to get their obamaramadrama allocation in for the day ARE hurting our country....

Free speech is free speech and protected by the constitution if you are not lying....but if you are lying or not telling the whole truth, it is NOT protected speech....just in case you all did not know that....

Get to the larger issue.

no, it is not within the government's powers to do such....but it is within Obama's rights to say what he thinks to be true.

Seems to be a contradiction coming from such a "smart" man.

When I start listening to the State on what speech is relevant and what isn't, I know that I have lost the ability to think for myself. That He assumes His audience would willfully follow His lead on this should offend those who value free and critical thinking, IMO.

Usefull idiots.

Last edited:
Get to the larger issue.

It's actually not a big fucking deal what his opinion is on what the info. overload age is doing, so long as he's not legislating that opinion. Run and hide under the covers though.

So then why is his administration pushing to make the internet a public utility thereby allowing more governmental control over it?

I haven't read up on the subject, the theory behind it, the positives and the negatives, the actual plan, etc.

Get to the larger issue.

I never said he was smart.

I don't see it as a contradiction, as it was not a contradiction for the Bush admin to speak out against the LIBERAL MEDIA as they continually did do....

have you really forgotten this crap? Was it an issue THEN for you?

I haven't read up on the subject, the theory behind it, the positives and the negatives, the actual plan, etc.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/05/06/phil-kerpen-fcc-genachowski-net-neutrality-obama-free-press-mcchesney/
In its effort to imposing crippling net neutrality regulations on the Internet—an idea with very little support from the American public or Congress—the Obama administration first turned to the FCC simply to pretend Congress has given it authority to regulate.

That effort suffered a major setback when the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals emphatically smacked down the FCC’s regulatory proposals in Comcast v. FCC. President Obama and his close friend and FCC chairman Julius Genachowski, however, refuse to back down. Instead they’re escalating to the regulatory equivalent of a nuclear attack on the free-market Internet: Chairman Genachowski will announce today his intention to reclassify broadband Internet as an old-fashioned telephone system as a pretext for pervasive regulatory control.

Governmental control over the free flow of information reason enough to oppose this particular power grab.

And please don't let the fact that I linked to Fox news be your counterpoint. It was the first link that came up on Google.

Last edited:

I never said he was smart.

I don't see it as a contradiction, as it was not a contradiction for the Bush admin to speak out against the LIBERAL MEDIA as they continually did do....

have you really forgotten this crap? Was it an issue THEN for you?

How many times do I have to tell you people who are incapable of thinking beyond the two party paradigm that I never was a GW supporter?

And I really don't remember a thread on the subject of GW's opinion of the media from years ago do you? But I do not remember GW ever pushing to regulate the internet as a public utility so as to subvert an appeals court decision and apply governmental controls over the free flow of information do you?

And that's what this thread is about. It is not and never was about Bush.

[By the way...no report that I saw even mentions that Hampton is a historically Black University, so of course he mentions racial-prejudice continuing to fan the flames of hatred and bigotry in the minds of our youth.

Obama Speaks at Hampton University Commencement | ABC 7 News

This is from YOUR LINK:

Obama is the 10th president to visit the private university of about 6,000 students, founded in 1868 near the site where a free Virginian taught classes to escaped slaves against state law. It was Obama's second commencement address this season, and his first as president at a historically black college.

You have, in one kneeslapper of a post, managed to do what no one else on this topic has done,

prove that President Obama is exactly right about the new media. YOU are a perfect example of it.

Last edited:
Does anybody know what dictators confiscate first? Yep! The media! He has already confiscated the main stream media.

FOXNews.com - The FCC Goes for the Nuclear Option
In its effort to imposing crippling net neutrality regulations on the Internet—an idea with very little support from the American public or Congress—the Obama administration first turned to the FCC simply to pretend Congress has given it authority to regulate.

That effort suffered a major setback when the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals emphatically smacked down the FCC’s regulatory proposals in Comcast v. FCC. President Obama and his close friend and FCC chairman Julius Genachowski, however, refuse to back down. Instead they’re escalating to the regulatory equivalent of a nuclear attack on the free-market Internet: Chairman Genachowski will announce today his intention to reclassify broadband Internet as an old-fashioned telephone system as a pretext for pervasive regulatory control.

Governmental control over the free flow of information reason enough to oppose this particular power grab.

And please don't let the fact that I linked to Fox news be your counterpoint. It was the first link that came up on Google.

It's not that it's FOX, it's that it's an Opinion piece. Another reason Obama's right, sheesh. You just linked me to an opinion piece when I said I haven't studied up on this subject. Hoping you don't consider this studying up, is all.

All he did was cite his spin on Events that happened. In order for me to form an opinion, I'd have to read on this shit for an hour or more to accurately pinpoint what it's all about and not simply divulge into what my inner rhetoritician tells me. That's just propoganda.

The point is still valid.
Obama made out that Height was somehow being denied a college education because of her race. In fact there have been black women with college degrees for a very long time. Culturally women (black or white) generally did not go to college. My mother, the first college educated person in her family, had to struggle to do so as well, in 1946. Race had nothing to do with it. It is Obama pandering yet again.
btw, where is his long form birth certificate? WHy has he spent millions of dollars fighting its release if the whole thing is just a myth?

"oh boo freaking hoo"

-yet you're the one who made the thread.

teehee. /corny.

Um, was that supposed to make any sense, or is this just liberal for "how dare you tell the truth about Obama again?"

Boo freaking hoo!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The point is still valid.
Obama made out that Height was somehow being denied a college education because of her race. In fact there have been black women with college degrees for a very long time. Culturally women (black or white) generally did not go to college. My mother, the first college educated person in her family, had to struggle to do so as well, in 1946. Race had nothing to do with it. It is Obama pandering yet again.
btw, where is his long form birth certificate? WHy has he spent millions of dollars fighting its release if the whole thing is just a myth?

I'm sure you got that "spent millions" fact from somewhere totally legit, like say a DOJ website for example. :cuckoo:

This message board is proof enough that he's right.

People come running with faked stories from WND, MM, etc. and come spread them as Gospel, and of course the more misinformed people are, the more strained the Democracy(Republic?) is. It's not rocket science.

In other words GT agrees with Obama that there is just too darn much freedom of speech and press.

Boo freaking hoo!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think". - Adolf Hitler

"...information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment — rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation. It is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy." - Barack Obama

He'll do the thinking for you, don't worry so much.

Yet, he's right. You're a fucking birther for christ's sake.

When you can't debate the subject attack those who can.

You illustrate that point so well.

This message board is proof enough that he's right.

People come running with faked stories from WND, MM, etc. and come spread them as Gospel, and of course the more misinformed people are, the more strained the Democracy(Republic?) is. It's not rocket science.

In other words GT agrees with Obama that there is just too darn much freedom of speech and press.

Boo freaking hoo!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh yes, that's totally right! You go girl, you go! *pats on back*

That darn freedom of speech, expression, and the press. Boo freaking hoo, it's getting in Obama's way.

When liberals start whining about too much democracy what they are whining about is, they can't lie to us without someone cutting in and blurting out the truth. Oh boo freaking hoo, why can't liberals have a closed society like Stalin had.

This is why they are always admiring dictators like Castro. Dictators like Castro get to jail their detractors.

See it here: Hot Air Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

Oh boo freaking hoo, those darn Ipods, Xboxes and Ipads.

What a hypocritical thing for him to have said. He flung THOUSANDS of emails at me during the campaign like he wanted to seduce ME PERSONALLY. Now I can't figure out how to delete myself from his lists and his entire fucking staff, including the Cabinet Officers, flings it at me too. He facebooks me and if I allolwed it, he's twitter me. Obama uses technology like I use air.

During the campaign, he bragged on and on about how he would use technology to make his presidency the most transparent in history. That seems to have been utter horseshit as well.

Even my friends who are still drinking the Obama Kool Aid are ashamed of THIS speech. I believe Obama has decided not to seek re-election and just no longer cares what the fuck he says. Even so, I can't figure out why he shot himself in the foot this way.

Forum List

Back