NYPD officers turn their back on Mayor de Blasio at funeral

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Too bad the voters won't do the same.

Report: Hundreds of NYPD cops turn backs to de Blasio at funeral

Hundreds of New York Police Department officers turned their backs to Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) at the Tuesday funeral for slain Officer Miosotis Familia, The New York Daily News reported.

The backlash stems from rising tensions after de Blasio traveled to Germany last week to speak at a protest during the Group of 20 summit, one day after Familia was killed.

Photos show multiple officers turning their backs as the mayor's speech was aired on a public address system at the Grand Concourse.

A spokesman for de Blasio said he went to Hamburg upon learning that his trip would not conflict with the officer's funeral. But some police officers felt it the mayor should've been in the Big Apple to support the family of a NYPD veteran who had served the force for 12 years.

The Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association head Patrick Lynch blasted de Blasio for his absence.

“The mayor is the compass for the city of New York,” Lynch told the Daily News before Familia's funeral. “And unfortunately, when a police officer got killed, his compass led him to Germany rather than here on the Concourse. He should have been here with the family ... He should have been there with us.”

Hundreds of New York Police Department officers turned their backs to Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) at the Tuesday funeral for slain Officer Miosotis Familia, The New York Daily News reported.

The backlash stems from rising tensions after de Blasio traveled to Germany last week to speak at a protest during the Group of 20 summit, one day after Familia was killed.

Photos show multiple officers turning their backs as the mayor's speech was aired on a public address system at the Grand Concourse.

A spokesman for de Blasio said he went to Hamburg upon learning that his trip would not conflict with the officer's funeral. But some police officers felt it the mayor should've been in the Big Apple to support the family of a NYPD veteran who had served the force for 12 years.

The Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association head Patrick Lynch blasted de Blasio for his absence.

“The mayor is the compass for the city of New York,” Lynch told the Daily News before Familia's funeral. “And unfortunately, when a police officer got killed, his compass led him to Germany rather than here on the Concourse. He should have been here with the family ... He should have been there with us.”

Yet, they claim DiBlasio has high approval ratings. Same polls mind you that claimed hillary was going to win in a landslide and claim the entire world hates Trump with the exception of a few knuckle draggers that live the square states in the middle.

Yeah, if you don't stroke the ego's of the paramilitary forces and their supporters, you get "the resistance"...

Yet, they claim DiBlasio has high approval ratings. Same polls mind you that claimed hillary was going to win in a landslide and claim the entire world hates Trump with the exception of a few knuckle draggers that live the square states in the middle.

What I find hilarious is, de Blasio went to Germany to protest capitalism, meanwhile he's the mayor of the city that's the home of capitalism.

Good for them. DeBlasshithead ranks second only to Obama himself for being the most vindictive, black-crime-glorifying c*nts I've ever seen in the government. I still get enraged that the whiny, spoiled, overpampered, overspoiled, overindulged, overglorified Mr. Purple-lips Obama deliberately caused the Ferguson violent mess with his race-baiting LIE that Michael Brown was a "gentle giant" gunned down by a racist cop. When the forensic evidence proved 100% that it was legitimate self-defense (before the video footage of him robbing a convenience store and assaulting Apu, just before it happened, further proving fat, blubbery lard-ass Brown's violent proclivities). I don't know why liberals keep insisting that I'm supposed to like a walking crime wave of the most chip-on-shoulder, violently white-hating race of crybabies who historically destroy every society they touch. Since I'm proudly racist against such a large-scale failure of humanity, it doesn't work when liberals call me racist, like it's supposed to be an insult?! I don't take it as such.

Anyway, deBla-who-gives-a-fuck is such Obama's little poodle when it comes to attacking police for dealing with thug behavior.

Last edited:
Good for them. DeBlasshithead ranks second only to Obama himself for being the most vindictive, black-crime-glorifying c*nts I've ever seen in the government. I still get enraged that the whiny, spoiled, overpampered, overspoiled, overindulged, overglorified Mr. Purple-lips Obama deliberately caused the Ferguson violent mess with his race-baiting LIE that Michael Brown was a "gentle giant" gunned down by a racist cop. When the forensic evidence proved 100% that it was legitimate self-defense (before the video footage of him robbing a convenience store and assaulting Apu, just before it happened, further proving fat, blubbery lard-ass Brown's violent proclivities). I don't know why liberals keep insisting that I'm supposed to like a walking crime wave of the most chip-on-shoulder, violently white-hating race of crybabies who historically destroy every society they touch. Since I'm proudly racist against such a large-scale failure of humanity, it doesn't work when liberals call me racist, like it's supposed to be an insult?! I don't take it as such.

Anyway, deBla-who-gives-a-fuck is such Obama's little poodle when it comes to attacking police for dealing with thug behavior.

You do realize when they released the full tape of that "Robbery", the store clerk was trying to rip off Brown by cheating him on a pot deal, right?

None of which matters. At the time Officer McShooty put 6 bullets into him, he was 149 feet away, and not an immediate threat.

Breaking Update!

More liberalism/multiculturalism run amok.

Teenager Blasts Rap Song “F**k Tha Police!” at NYPD Officer’s Funeral

YOu mean a kid whose brother was shot by police (according to your article)

The disturbed teen told the New York Post that he found the experience “satisfying”, adding “Since they did not show respect for my brother and my friend, why should I show respect to them?”, referencing what he saw as his brother’s unjust death at the hand of a police officer.

You do realize when they released the full tape of that "Robbery", the store clerk was trying to rip off Brown by cheating him on a pot deal, right?

None of which matters. At the time Officer McShooty put 6 bullets into him, he was 149 feet away, and not an immediate threat.

149 feet?

Spoken like a fucking idiot who has never shot a pistol.

No police officer or even FBI agent for that matter is tested to shoot at more than 75 feet.

Last edited:
I'm surprised FrankenMayor had time to attend Officer Familia's service. Defining new laws protecting all 37 genders recognized by NYC and planning Black Lives Matters and Resistance events, his calendar must be full.

What I find hilarious is, de Blasio went to Germany to protest capitalism, meanwhile he's the mayor of the city that's the home of capitalism.
There is a reason Liberalism is defined as a mental illness. .... :cuckoo:

And New Yorkers will re-elect this buffoon.

Sadly this is probably the case. The establishment Republican presumptive nominee is a nobody, and the outsider candidate has only started her primary campaign.

Republican Field for New York Mayor Race Grows, Just Before Winnowing Begins

149 feet?

Spoken like a fucking idiot who has never shot a pistol.

No police officer or even FBI agent for that matter is tested to shoot at more than 75 feet.
This is Joey you are replying to, dude...he would not know a fact if it bit him on the nose.

Forum List

Back