No Evidence

I never said any such thing. You have already admitted the GHGs absorb IR radiation. Once that happens, it has been your claim that the energy is transferred to other molecules by conduction. That is the model I am working with in all of my questions.

I have said as clearly as possible that radiation does not warm the air...it can warm water vapor, but that is not "air" The radiative heating industry has plenty of experimental, observational, and operational evidence that this is true....Their product warms solid matter, not air...and their product radiates in the long IR wavelengths the same as the surface of the earth...

I have said as clearly as possible that radiation does not warm the air...it can warm water vapor, but that is not "air"

IR from the ground also warms GHGs in the air.

Their product warms solid matter, not air...and their product radiates in the long IR wavelengths the same as the surface of the earth...

Their product radiates at the same wavelengths? What temperature do their heaters get up to?

It should bother those who think you know what you're talking about that you so consistently have to go to such round-about efforts to support your contentions. Why are you going to the space heater industry when the subject has been widely studies for years by PhD scientists?

And, as expected, you still have made no effort to explain yourself.

Water vapor is a component of air.

From the sum of your statements I hold your position to be that IR from the surface is absorbed by water vapor and then transferred primarily by conduction to other molecules in the atmosphere. Is that correct

I go to the source that is actually working, observing, and making a living based on how things actually work rather than those residing in ivory towers making their living on unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable models...an engineer in the infrared heating industry can tell you more about the effect that IR has on the air than 50 academics who have never actually tested their theories against reality...

You still aren't clear. When you say "absorption and emission do not warm the air" do you mean absorption of LW IR and immediate re-emission at the same wavelength?
Or do you mean absorption of LW IR and kinetic transfer to via collision with another molecule?

I don't guess you know the difference between radiation and conduction...conduction warms the atmosphere...not radiation...that being the case, a radiative greenhouse effect as described by climate science is not possible.
You dodged the question again and gave a non answer. I asked for a clarification on what you meant by "absorption and emission" and you didn't use either of those words in your "explanation". Read the question again and try not to be distracted.

You still aren't clear. When you say "absorption and emission do not warm the air" do you mean absorption of LW IR and immediate re-emission at the same wavelength?
Or do you mean absorption of LW IR and kinetic transfer to via collision with another molecule?

I don't guess you know the difference between radiation and conduction...conduction warms the atmosphere...not radiation...that being the case, a radiative greenhouse effect as described by climate science is not possible.
You dodged the question again and gave a non answer. I asked for a clarification on what you meant by "absorption and emission" and you didn't use either of those words in your "explanation". Read the question again and try not to be distracted.

I have described what I mean over and over...I won't be revisiting the topic...feel free to go back to previous incarnations of the same discussion....oh the tedium...the never ending tedium of talking to you...

I have described what I mean over and over...I won't be revisiting the topic...feel free to go back to previous incarnations of the same discussion....oh the tedium...the never ending tedium of talking to you...

There goes Brave Sir Robin...……..

"Tedium" is a new fall back for you when you are cornered in a vicious circle of self-contradiction, and lost any logical capability in science. Maybe you need a nap.

"Tedium" is a new fall back for you when you are cornered in a vicious circle of self-contradiction, and lost any logical capability in science. Maybe you need a nap.

It has all been discussed over and over ad nauseam....not going to go over it yet again...my position has been clearly stated at lest 5 times...

the never ending mind numbing tedium of talking to you never ends......learn to use key words and revisit the discussion till your heart's content....till the rewrite the laws of physics, I will stick with them...not your wierd interpretations, but the laws as stated in both word and mathematical formula...

.my position has been clearly stated at lest 5 times...
Yes. Your position is to lie down and play dead.

..till the rewrite the laws of physics, I will stick with them...not your wierd interpretations, but the laws as stated in both word and mathematical formula...

Weird interpretations? So now you think accepted science is both tedious and weird. Poor Brave Sir Robin (thanks Tod). Your interpretation that spontaneous emissions are not possible because of prior work leads to the non-existence of spontaneous emissions. Now that is weird.

I never said any such thing. You have already admitted the GHGs absorb IR radiation. Once that happens, it has been your claim that the energy is transferred to other molecules by conduction. That is the model I am working with in all of my questions.

I have said as clearly as possible that radiation does not warm the air...it can warm water vapor, but that is not "air" The radiative heating industry has plenty of experimental, observational, and operational evidence that this is true....Their product warms solid matter, not air...and their product radiates in the long IR wavelengths the same as the surface of the earth...

I have said as clearly as possible that radiation does not warm the air...it can warm water vapor, but that is not "air"

Their product warms solid matter, not air...and their product radiates in the long IR wavelengths the same as the surface of the earth...

Their product radiates at the same wavelengths? What temperature do their heaters get up to?

Naw. show me warm CO2.

Their product radiates at the same wavelengths? What temperature do their heaters get up to

Buy one, then put your hand in front of it. I bet your hand gets quite hot, while the air around your hand is ambient. I've been at a restaurant with these heaters. tough to sit in front of them, you bake like an oven while the air is cool

Last edited:

Naw. show me warm CO2.

Their product radiates at the same wavelengths? What temperature do their heaters get up to

Buy one, then put your hand in front of it. I bet your hand gets quite hot, while the air around your hand is ambient. I've been at a restaurant with these heaters. tough to sit in front of them, you bake like an oven while the air is co

show me warm CO2.

^
See it?

Buy one, then put your hand in front of it. I bet your hand gets quite hot, while the air around your hand is ambient.

That is awesome!!!

How hot do the coils get?

Naw. show me warm CO2.

Buy one, then put your hand in front of it. I bet your hand gets quite hot, while the air around your hand is ambient. I've been at a restaurant with these heaters. tough to sit in front of them, you bake like an oven while the air is co

show me warm CO2.

^
See it?

Buy one, then put your hand in front of it. I bet your hand gets quite hot, while the air around your hand is ambient.

That is awesome!!!

That is awesome!!!

what is?

How hot do the coils get

I don't own one.are you implying you do? cool, how hot?

Naw. show me warm CO2.

show me warm CO2.

^
See it?

That is awesome!!!

That is awesome!!!

what is?

How hot do the coils get

what is?

It's awesome that a heater made your hand feel hot.

I don't own one.

Let's talk about the one you felt.
Was it glowing?

Naw. show me warm CO2.

show me warm CO2.

^
See it?

That is awesome!!!

That is awesome!!!

what is?

How hot do the coils get

what is?

I don't own one.

Was it glowing?

Well that is what IR heater would do. Not sure why that would be awesome. what I did not feel was warm air. hmmmm as expected.

Was it glowing?

sure. Did you think it wouldn't? why wouldn't it? it is a coil that has electricity running through it.

Naw. show me warm CO2.

show me warm CO2.

^
See it?

That is awesome!!!

That is awesome!!!

what is?

How hot do the coils get

what is?

I don't own one.

Was it glowing?

Well that is what IR heater would do. Not sure why that would be awesome. what I did not feel was warm air. hmmmm as expected.

Was it glowing?

sure. Did you think it wouldn't? why wouldn't it? it is a coil that has electricity running through it.

For a coil to glow, it has to get pretty warm, right?

Naw. show me warm CO2.

show me warm CO2.

^
See it?

That is awesome!!!

That is awesome!!!

what is?

How hot do the coils get

what is?

I don't own one.

Was it glowing?

Was it glowing?

Well sure, still no point yet

show me warm CO2.

^
See it?

That is awesome!!!

That is awesome!!!

what is?

How hot do the coils get

what is?

I don't own one.

Was it glowing?

Was it glowing?

Well sure

Warmer than body temperature?

That is awesome!!!

what is?

How hot do the coils get

what is?

I don't own one.

Was it glowing?

Was it glowing?

Well sure

Does a bird poop?

what is?

I don't own one.

Was it glowing?

Was it glowing?

Well sure

Does a bird poop?

Was it glowing?

Well sure

Does a bird poop?

It has all been discussed over and over ad nauseam....not going to go over it yet again...my position has been clearly stated at lest 5 times...

the never ending mind numbing tedium of talking to you never ends......learn to use key words and revisit the discussion till your heart's content....till the rewrite the laws of physics, I will stick with them...not your wierd interpretations, but the laws as stated in both word and mathematical formula...

Wuwei has a good understanding of physics. SSDD's actual knowledge is indeterminant because he chooses to spout unsupportable nonsense just to wind up those who debate him. This is the behavior of a TROLL.

Forum List

Back