My Pillow guy sued for 1.3 billion dollars

I remember reading on other threads that Trumpers expressed that Dominion would never sue.

They were wrong..as usual.

My Pillow guys was just begging to get sued, now he has.

Dominion is moving up the ladder.

The Orange Scurge is now in their sights.
Only party that benefits = lawyers. People like you are the real scurge.
Dominion benefits. They will get to keep on manufacturing and marketing there product, v free of the fall accusations on "Pillow Head" and be repaid for their effort to protect their good name against false claims in the marketplace, damaging to their business reputation.
All right wing disinformation campaigns are the loser. Might have to stick to truth (heaven forbid) or just pick on little guys that cannot cost effectively hire good legal representation and counter-attack.
Being denied free use of false claims against corporations and individuals will be devastating to their ability to mass market their false message.
Dude, you sound more and more like a leftist daily. Get some help. So should Tom Brady have sued ESPN who falsely accused him of cheating and deflating footballs with no proof whatsoever and had to back pedal? I just hate lawsuits in general unless absolutely necessary. The optics around the election look bad. I am not saying anything nefarious happened as we dont have proof. Same as I don't vilify Cuomo here because to me EVERYONE should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. I thought that was where you came from as well but realize now you're just a leftist sycophant.
Are you suggesting Dominion should have rolled over like a dog and given up their good name in the marketplace, sacrificing a good business model, market share and continued existence. Is that what you would have done if some political hack said your pizzas contained feces a key ingredient to enhabce their unique flavor? Maybe you are not suited to business survival.

I remember reading on other threads that Trumpers expressed that Dominion would never sue.

Dominion benefits. They will get to keep on manufacturing and marketing there product, v free of the fall accusations on "Pillow Head" and be repaid for their effort to protect their good name against false claims in the marketplace, damaging to their business reputation.
All right wing disinformation campaigns are the loser. Might have to stick to truth (heaven forbid) or just pick on little guys that cannot cost effectively hire good legal representation and counter-attack.
Being denied free use of false claims against corporations and individuals will be devastating to their ability to mass market their false message.
Dude, you sound more and more like a leftist daily. Get some help. So should Tom Brady have sued ESPN who falsely accused him of cheating and deflating footballs with no proof whatsoever and had to back pedal? I just hate lawsuits in general unless absolutely necessary. The optics around the election look bad. I am not saying anything nefarious happened as we dont have proof. Same as I don't vilify Cuomo here because to me EVERYONE should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. I thought that was where you came from as well but realize now you're just a leftist sycophant.
Are you suggesting Dominion should have rolled over like a dog and given up their good name in the marketplace, sacrificing a good business model, market share and continued existence. Is that what you would have done if some political hack said your pizzas contained feces a key ingredient to enhabce their unique flavor? Maybe you are not suited to business survival.
You’re ignorant. They are suing because Lindell has money. This is 100% about money not reputation. You are a very dishonest person. I mean that sincerely.
I suspect Lindell put a target on his own back by publicly backing false claims or at least claims he could not support in court by lawyers wishing to keep their licenses.
Again, you do not seem like the business survival type. I am sure they could have found some homeless nut-ball to sue as this story was sold to the masses. If you are going to win, it is much better to sue the one doing the most public damage and with the most money. Suing some poor moneyless person is a waste of resources, time and money. All a rich person has to do to avoid is the conscious decision to not make false disprovable claims against somebody or some business with the resources to defend themselves. Get a clue, Azog.

This gives Lindell free press and additional sales as hardcore GOP members will buy his product. He can bury this in courts for years and the SCOTUS leans right. He knows that he is doing. I am a lot smarter than you. Although frankly that isn't saying much.

"I want them to sue me," Lindell told CBS in January. "Please. Because I have all the evidence, 100 percent."
That is one of the big mistakes. Not all publicity if good publicity. That is why distribution outlet customers are dropping him like a hot rock. They do not want their good name associated with his fanaticism. Doubt the Supreme Court is going to underwrite libel. The have had plenty of opportunity in the past. Not a matter of left right, as they pretty much follow the law and legal precedent. I don't think he has the goods any more than the X-trump lawyer Kraken chick. I would recommend you watch the outcome before jumping on and taking out ads with the same assertions. Then again, maybe you think yourself smarter and better educated in law.
I do not disagree with you but $1.3Bn is excessive and is there for show because they want to settle and sign an NDA. Whether true or made up the optics look bad for Dominion as future potential clients may shy away to avoid controversy.
If they win a judgement, it will be worth more than "pillow guy's" weight in gold, and the best advertising possible. They should go for it. They might even own a pillow factory.
If they win, he will file Chapter 11 and they will get nothing. He can keep this in court for years and cost Dominion a lot of money as few will want to do business with a Company in litigation. I do this for a living...not legal matters but debt/equity/M&A consultancy. Having a law suit around is the best way to repel banks and any other lenders. Banks hate uncertainty. So you once again show your true ignorance. The reason the monies are so crazy at $1.3Bn is because they know they will never get that but will settle for a lot less, force a signed NDA and for Lindell to shut his mouth forever. That is their goal. Not to sit in court for years and accumulate legal fees.
Why on Earth would Lindell do any of that when he can expose Dominion committing fraud?
I already explained it. You have to prove this in court and proving fraud unless it is cut and dry is not very easy. Legal costs will mount and damage both brands. This is why so many suits get settled and NDAs get signed. Dominion also has to prove $1.3Bn in damages. You cannot just sue because your feelings are hurt. Lindell can say it is frivolous and attack them that way and again both parties lose. You also have to hope you have a favorable judge and then appeals happen and it sits in courts for years while your reputation is damaged. Don't know about pillows but Dominion will have a hard time finding customers when they are entangled in a law suit. Why? Because they need to be around to support their machines and if they are sued then they may not be so a potential client would go elsewhere. I had a client about 10 years ago, before I had my own enterprise and they provided parts for Rolls Royce cars. Three owners got into a shareholder lawsuit and RR dropped them for a competitor due to uncertainty and all three got hosed. Lawsuits almost always settle because of impacts such as this.

Again, will you leave this board forever if this is settled? Yes or no?
You're completely deranged, ShortBus. :cuckoo:

Why should I leave this board forever if the settle?
You are calling me deranged because I said they would. You're so confident they won't why not put your money where your mouth is? Truth be told you lost this argument. You know I am right and they likely will settle. Instead of admitting it, you turn to ad hominems. Why? You're fat and ugly and suffer from severe OCD.
You are deranged. Case in point -- I never once said they won't settle. In fact, I'm confident they will. But not for the reasons you state but for the reason I stated.

Dominion didn't commit fraud. There's been zero evidence produced that they did and most of what the rights been saying of them are just outright lies, like claiming they're involved in Venezuelan elections. Like claiming they sent data to a server in Germany. Like claiming they use fractional or weighted voting.

Lindell HAS to settle because he will otherwise lose everything since he can't prove they committed the fraud he claims the committed.
If Dominion is 100% right then why would they settle? See it through til the end and collect your $1.3Bn....

As far as evidence we will have to wait and see. Lindell is a religious zealot and statistically there have been some anomalies so this could drag out for years and neither party wants that.

My statement was: Dominion is doing this for money and will likely settle. You went on your usual OCD ridden ad hominem attack only to come back and agree with me.

Why? You're a coward. Next time you come at me do so with your membership board on the line or debate civilly. Got it? I mean shit. You're already fat and ugly but now a coward? Wow. Sad. And you still suffer from severed OCD.
I never agreed with you, ya moron. You said they would settle just to collect some money and because you don't think they can demonstrate $1.3b in damages.

I don't believe that. I believe they will settle because Lindell can't prove his claims and Dominion will come out on top because Lindell settling will exhibit to the public that he couldn't prove his claims.
So we agree they will settle. NDA will be in place so we will never know why.
So being the pussy the forum knows you to be, you're not going to answer this, are you?

This is a golden opportunity for Mike Lindell. According to the right, Dominion committed massive fraud. If that's true, Lindell now has the opportunity to expose that fraud.

Why would he not do that?? Why would he settle which only makes it appear as though he was lying?
He may? I did answer you. If your OCD ridden brain could process something you would have seen it. He is super religious so he may fight and produce statistical data and testimony from those who say they are flawed. Desperado posted a thread on this. There is some evidence so the court may say hey, there is some smoke here...not enough fire but enough smoke for Lindell to say what he said. Courts are unpredictable like that. Hence both sides will ultimately settle IMO but because Lindell is a zealot they may not. TBD but IMO a settlement is 99% likely.

What do you not understand about this? Should I type in bigger font? You are such a waste of life. Honestly, if I was born and looked like you, I would join a monastery and take a vow of silence, you fat stupid fuck.
Uh, no, ShortBus. You didn't answer my question. You only think you did because of your mental deformities.

I asked why would Lindell settle when he has this golden opportunity to expose Dominion's fraud, had they committed fraud?

Your answer about him being religious was that it might drag out but Lindell and Dominion don't want that.

That's a bullshit answer which makes no sense since what Lindell wants is to expose Dominion's purported fraud. If he does that, he's not on the hook for paying Dominion anything. I don't know the law, but if he prevails, he might be able to sue Dominion for legal fees. Even if he can't, the donations to his legal defense fund will cover much, if not most. His product sales will go through the roof. But most of all, he would be a demigod to the right. He would be their David who slew Goliath... the man who proved what no one else could prove -- massive election fraud which could have flipped the election for Trump. Trump would be so grateful, he would adopt Lindell as a son and cut him in for most of Tiffany's inheritance. He'd give Lindell a plot in the Trump mausoleum. Trump would make up more phoney Time magazine covers with Lindell's punim and hang them next to his own.

There's only one reason Lindell wouldn't go for it. It's the reason you don't want to admit. That reason is because Lindell knows he was lying and knows he can't prove fraud. And any settlement tacitly admits as much.
Again, you have zero business acumen. Judges are highly unpredictable. He will fight initially as he is a zealot but it is a distraction and also a huge suckout of money due to legal costs and court fees, etc. This was Dominion's way of trying to silence him. We'll see if it works. If he wasn't a zealot it may but I doubt it. This will be very interesting. You seem to be so far deranged via Trump that you cannot see the forest through the trees.

If this goes to judgment it will be in courts and appeals and such for years. Thats millions in legal costs.
Why do you keep returning to the issue of it costing him millions? You already said he can afford it.

face-palm-gif.278959
Pillow dude probably could have avoided with a total retraction of what he could not prove, apologized and retired from the field of battle early on instead of doubling down and pressing a loser position. His decision. His money. He may not stay in the pillow business, but he will be fine, and if not screw him. It was his political decision. Maybe I'll buy a Dominion Pillows, made right in Minnesota.
It’s all posturing on both sides to help in a final settlement. I ve Seen this 100x before
The problem with your analysis is you are presuming Mike Lindell is a rational actor. He is not. If there is one person who would see this to trial it is Lindell. Lindell is a fanatic that truly believes that the lies he spewed forth are true. He continued with the lies even after he received the cease and desist letters.

I agree that all things being equal the smart move is to settle.

My guess is this is one law suit going to trial. At some point, Lindell may have a change of heart, but as they say, he will be a day late and a dollar short.
You may be right, but I don't think so. I think he would just like it to be true, as he is caught up and psychologically invested. Trumpers are kind of out there, by nature. Suspect he actually does listen to lawyers and accountants. I think he will settle.
The smart move is to settle. However, if he listened to his lawyers, I doubt he would have continued with his lies after he received the cease and desist letters. I am sure his lawyers told him to cool it. Instead he made an infomercial and aired it on OAN.

Stupid is as stupid does. I won't bother with the Gump picture this time.
Faun is a fucking fat loser. You and JohnLaw understand he doesn’t. Moron.
Aww, you're showing your FDS again.

:dance:
Fat fuck I am just here to amuse you it seems and feed your OCD because you keep asking the same question over and over again. White and JohnLaw understand and agree why can’t you? I ll Tell you why. You’re a fat stupid fuck.
Yes, you are here for my entertainment. Glad to see you finally figured that out.
All you’re showing is what a stupid waste of life fat fuck you are.
Slobbers the idiot who gets confused between "may" and "shouldn't."

Poor, ShortBus. :itsok:
Never happened. More lies. You made a statement and Then chickened out like a coward. You’re not a man. You’re a fat fuck.
Poor, deranged ShortBus. If you had answered my post, your answer would be in this thread. It's not. You kept answering questions I didn't ask because you couldn't bring yourself to answer the question I did ask.
I did answer you but you’re too fat and stupid to understand. Go take your OCD meds. Fat fuck.

You’re ignorant. They are suing because Lindell has money. This is 100% about money not reputation. You are a very dishonest person. I mean that sincerely.
I suspect Lindell put a target on his own back by publicly backing false claims or at least claims he could not support in court by lawyers wishing to keep their licenses.
Again, you do not seem like the business survival type. I am sure they could have found some homeless nut-ball to sue as this story was sold to the masses. If you are going to win, it is much better to sue the one doing the most public damage and with the most money. Suing some poor moneyless person is a waste of resources, time and money. All a rich person has to do to avoid is the conscious decision to not make false disprovable claims against somebody or some business with the resources to defend themselves. Get a clue, Azog.

This gives Lindell free press and additional sales as hardcore GOP members will buy his product. He can bury this in courts for years and the SCOTUS leans right. He knows that he is doing. I am a lot smarter than you. Although frankly that isn't saying much.

"I want them to sue me," Lindell told CBS in January. "Please. Because I have all the evidence, 100 percent."
That is one of the big mistakes. Not all publicity if good publicity. That is why distribution outlet customers are dropping him like a hot rock. They do not want their good name associated with his fanaticism. Doubt the Supreme Court is going to underwrite libel. The have had plenty of opportunity in the past. Not a matter of left right, as they pretty much follow the law and legal precedent. I don't think he has the goods any more than the X-trump lawyer Kraken chick. I would recommend you watch the outcome before jumping on and taking out ads with the same assertions. Then again, maybe you think yourself smarter and better educated in law.
I do not disagree with you but $1.3Bn is excessive and is there for show because they want to settle and sign an NDA. Whether true or made up the optics look bad for Dominion as future potential clients may shy away to avoid controversy.
If they win a judgement, it will be worth more than "pillow guy's" weight in gold, and the best advertising possible. They should go for it. They might even own a pillow factory.
If they win, he will file Chapter 11 and they will get nothing. He can keep this in court for years and cost Dominion a lot of money as few will want to do business with a Company in litigation. I do this for a living...not legal matters but debt/equity/M&A consultancy. Having a law suit around is the best way to repel banks and any other lenders. Banks hate uncertainty. So you once again show your true ignorance. The reason the monies are so crazy at $1.3Bn is because they know they will never get that but will settle for a lot less, force a signed NDA and for Lindell to shut his mouth forever. That is their goal. Not to sit in court for years and accumulate legal fees.
Why on Earth would Lindell do any of that when he can expose Dominion committing fraud?
I already explained it. You have to prove this in court and proving fraud unless it is cut and dry is not very easy. Legal costs will mount and damage both brands. This is why so many suits get settled and NDAs get signed. Dominion also has to prove $1.3Bn in damages. You cannot just sue because your feelings are hurt. Lindell can say it is frivolous and attack them that way and again both parties lose. You also have to hope you have a favorable judge and then appeals happen and it sits in courts for years while your reputation is damaged. Don't know about pillows but Dominion will have a hard time finding customers when they are entangled in a law suit. Why? Because they need to be around to support their machines and if they are sued then they may not be so a potential client would go elsewhere. I had a client about 10 years ago, before I had my own enterprise and they provided parts for Rolls Royce cars. Three owners got into a shareholder lawsuit and RR dropped them for a competitor due to uncertainty and all three got hosed. Lawsuits almost always settle because of impacts such as this.

You are calling me deranged because I said they would. You're so confident they won't why not put your money where your mouth is? Truth be told you lost this argument. You know I am right and they likely will settle. Instead of admitting it, you turn to ad hominems. Why? You're fat and ugly and suffer from severe OCD.
You are deranged. Case in point -- I never once said they won't settle. In fact, I'm confident they will. But not for the reasons you state but for the reason I stated.

Dominion didn't commit fraud. There's been zero evidence produced that they did and most of what the rights been saying of them are just outright lies, like claiming they're involved in Venezuelan elections. Like claiming they sent data to a server in Germany. Like claiming they use fractional or weighted voting.

Lindell HAS to settle because he will otherwise lose everything since he can't prove they committed the fraud he claims the committed.
If Dominion is 100% right then why would they settle? See it through til the end and collect your $1.3Bn....

As far as evidence we will have to wait and see. Lindell is a religious zealot and statistically there have been some anomalies so this could drag out for years and neither party wants that.

My statement was: Dominion is doing this for money and will likely settle. You went on your usual OCD ridden ad hominem attack only to come back and agree with me.

Why? You're a coward. Next time you come at me do so with your membership board on the line or debate civilly. Got it? I mean shit. You're already fat and ugly but now a coward? Wow. Sad. And you still suffer from severed OCD.
I never agreed with you, ya moron. You said they would settle just to collect some money and because you don't think they can demonstrate $1.3b in damages.

I don't believe that. I believe they will settle because Lindell can't prove his claims and Dominion will come out on top because Lindell settling will exhibit to the public that he couldn't prove his claims.
So being the pussy the forum knows you to be, you're not going to answer this, are you?

This is a golden opportunity for Mike Lindell. According to the right, Dominion committed massive fraud. If that's true, Lindell now has the opportunity to expose that fraud.

Why would he not do that?? Why would he settle which only makes it appear as though he was lying?
He may? I did answer you. If your OCD ridden brain could process something you would have seen it. He is super religious so he may fight and produce statistical data and testimony from those who say they are flawed. Desperado posted a thread on this. There is some evidence so the court may say hey, there is some smoke here...not enough fire but enough smoke for Lindell to say what he said. Courts are unpredictable like that. Hence both sides will ultimately settle IMO but because Lindell is a zealot they may not. TBD but IMO a settlement is 99% likely.

What do you not understand about this? Should I type in bigger font? You are such a waste of life. Honestly, if I was born and looked like you, I would join a monastery and take a vow of silence, you fat stupid fuck.
Uh, no, ShortBus. You didn't answer my question. You only think you did because of your mental deformities.

I asked why would Lindell settle when he has this golden opportunity to expose Dominion's fraud, had they committed fraud?

Your answer about him being religious was that it might drag out but Lindell and Dominion don't want that.

That's a bullshit answer which makes no sense since what Lindell wants is to expose Dominion's purported fraud. If he does that, he's not on the hook for paying Dominion anything. I don't know the law, but if he prevails, he might be able to sue Dominion for legal fees. Even if he can't, the donations to his legal defense fund will cover much, if not most. His product sales will go through the roof. But most of all, he would be a demigod to the right. He would be their David who slew Goliath... the man who proved what no one else could prove -- massive election fraud which could have flipped the election for Trump. Trump would be so grateful, he would adopt Lindell as a son and cut him in for most of Tiffany's inheritance. He'd give Lindell a plot in the Trump mausoleum. Trump would make up more phoney Time magazine covers with Lindell's punim and hang them next to his own.

There's only one reason Lindell wouldn't go for it. It's the reason you don't want to admit. That reason is because Lindell knows he was lying and knows he can't prove fraud. And any settlement tacitly admits as much.
Again, you have zero business acumen. Judges are highly unpredictable. He will fight initially as he is a zealot but it is a distraction and also a huge suckout of money due to legal costs and court fees, etc. This was Dominion's way of trying to silence him. We'll see if it works. If he wasn't a zealot it may but I doubt it. This will be very interesting. You seem to be so far deranged via Trump that you cannot see the forest through the trees.

If this goes to judgment it will be in courts and appeals and such for years. Thats millions in legal costs.
Why do you keep returning to the issue of it costing him millions? You already said he can afford it.

face-palm-gif.278959
Pillow dude probably could have avoided with a total retraction of what he could not prove, apologized and retired from the field of battle early on instead of doubling down and pressing a loser position. His decision. His money. He may not stay in the pillow business, but he will be fine, and if not screw him. It was his political decision. Maybe I'll buy a Dominion Pillows, made right in Minnesota.
It’s all posturing on both sides to help in a final settlement. I ve Seen this 100x before
The problem with your analysis is you are presuming Mike Lindell is a rational actor. He is not. If there is one person who would see this to trial it is Lindell. Lindell is a fanatic that truly believes that the lies he spewed forth are true. He continued with the lies even after he received the cease and desist letters.

My guess is this is one law suit going to trial. At some point, Lindell may have a change of heart, but as they say, he will be a day late and a dollar short.
You may be right, but I don't think so. I think he would just like it to be true, as he is caught up and psychologically invested. Trumpers are kind of out there, by nature. Suspect he actually does listen to lawyers and accountants. I think he will settle.
The smart move is to settle. However, if he listened to his lawyers, I doubt he would have continued with his lies after he received the cease and desist letters. I am sure his lawyers told him to cool it. Instead he made an infomercial and aired it on OAN.

Fat fuck I am just here to amuse you it seems and feed your OCD because you keep asking the same question over and over again. White and JohnLaw understand and agree why can’t you? I ll Tell you why. You’re a fat stupid fuck.
Yes, you are here for my entertainment. Glad to see you finally figured that out.

Never happened. More lies. You made a statement and Then chickened out like a coward. You’re not a man. You’re a fat fuck.
Poor, deranged ShortBus. If you had answered my post, your answer would be in this thread. It's not. You kept answering questions I didn't ask because you couldn't bring yourself to answer the question I did ask.
I did answer you but you’re too fat and stupid to understand. Go take your OCD meds. Fat fuck.
Poor baby. :itsok:

face-palm-gif.278959

Poor baby. :itsok:
Now you’re just bored. Move on fat fuck. You lost this one. JohnLaw and White understood. Your fellow leftists. You’re too stupid it seems.

My Pillow guy was just begging to get sued, now he has.

Well, now he can present his evidence of election fraud before the courts. He should make his battle publicly. I've never heard of a gag order being placed on a lawsuit.

It’s a sad state when corporate America is the backbone of democracy. They canceled all the people who supported the riot. They are suing the liars and thieves . They are pushing racial equity. All while our politicians argue about nonsense with nonsense Republicans. Corporations now are steering America. Be glad there is some good direction to it, for now.

azog...this is the same dumb fuck that said gas only went up 2 cents last week....very amusing shit that it posts...good for a laugh.
LOLOL

Great, now everyone sees you're not just a retard -- you're a liar too. Good job, Peewee.
thumbsup.gif

The truth is ... I posted that almost 4 weeks ago, not last week and I said gas went up only 0.02¢ from the week before that in response to your bullshit that gas shot up 0.30¢ that week. Even worse for you, I had AAA confirming my post...

You're delusional. Gas prices are up nationally only 0.023¢ from a week ago, not 0.30¢. And still far less than we paid for gas under Bush.
point blank shit stain....
FRUITCAKE FAUN IS A WHINE ASS LIAR>>>>>

Very chilling attack on Free Speech by this company.....there is no defamation case here. They'll lose at Summery Judgment

Being a lifelong coward, I really admire Mr. L.'s courage.

Just read a headline this morning that he has lost millions of dollars in business.

Very few people are willing to make such a sacrifice in order to express their strong views on a controversial topic.

Many people (including me) wish him and his family the very best of luck.

Just the latest fascinating story related to the flaming shit show that was the Trump presidency.

Years and years of material here.
Adults are speaking. Go lie elsewhere.
Hi Q! :hhello:
Q? What does that mean? You’re confusing me with someone else, leftist.

azog...this is the same dumb fuck that said gas only went up 2 cents last week....very amusing shit that it posts...good for a laugh.
LOLOL

Great, now everyone sees you're not just a retard -- you're a liar too. Good job, Peewee.
thumbsup.gif

The truth is ... I posted that almost 4 weeks ago, not last week and I said gas went up only 0.02¢ from the week before that in response to your bullshit that gas shot up 0.30¢ that week. Even worse for you, I had AAA confirming my post...

You're delusional. Gas prices are up nationally only 0.023¢ from a week ago, not 0.30¢. And still far less than we paid for gas under Bush.
point blank shit stain....
FRUITCAKE FAUN IS A WHINE ASS LIAR>>>>>
Aww, poor Peewee, looks like you crapped in your diaper again.

MV5BMjI1OTU3ODY4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDc2MTgxMzE@._V1_.jpg

Very chilling attack on Free Speech by this company.....there is no defamation case here. They'll lose at Summery Judgment
are you sure, legal expert?

it could be a wintery judgment, depending on how long it will take...
Yes I am sure.

1) they can show no actual damages
2) they maybe be able to prove his statements were untrue, i don't know, but they are in no way going to be able to prove that he knew it was untrue

My Pillow guy was just begging to get sued, now he has.

Major KOOK Party member bites his pillow.

but they are in no way going to be able to prove that he knew it was untrue
Not required. Else anyone could slander or defame anyone else without consequences, by just saying they believed what they were saying.

Last edited:
but they are in no way going to be able to prove that he knew it was untrue
Not required. Else anyone could slander or defame anyone else without consequences, by just saying they believed what they were saying.
Yes it is, that or a complete reckless disregard for the truth...defamation against a business or a public figure isn't the same as a defamation case against an regular Joe

You must prove that the speaker knew that what he said was false.
Not so. You have to prove to a judge or jury it was said with malice and was not based on any factual information, nor was there much of an attempt at all to verify the information the defendant claims to have used to support the statement. It may not particularly matter if the person believes it or not.

For example, if I went on TV and said you molest collies, you could sue me. And at no point would you have to prove I don't believe you molest collies. Else everyone who got sued would just make the claim that they believed the falsehoods they had spoken.
IGNORE

You must prove that the speaker knew that what he said was false.
Not so. You have to prove to a judge or jury it was said with malice and was not based on any factual information, nor was there much of an attempt at all to verify the information the defendant claims to have used to support the statement. It may not particularly matter if the person believes it or not.

For example, if I went on TV and said you molest collies, you could sue me. And at no point would you have to prove I don't believe you molest collies. Else everyone who got sued would just make the claim that they believed the falsehoods they had spoken.
IGNORE
Translation: Viktor is smoked

Forum List

Back