Motives & Coverups

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Ever since Ernest Hemingway published For Whom The Bell Tolls (1940) propagandists promoting big government have elaborated on the catchphrase “No man is an island” so as to make individuals think they are selfish if they do not get involved in every cause spewing out of television’s blowhole —— every cause except Timothy McVeigh’s. Now he’s back:

A trial this week in Utah is revisiting the provocative question raised by professional and amateur investigators who believe a wider plot surrounded the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995: Was there another man in that Ryder truck with Timothy McVeigh?

First, let me point out that not one of the serious investigations into the government’s handling of the OKC bombing, or the events of 9-11-2001, were pooh-poohed as a conspiracy theory. The reason is twofold:

1. Facts are indisputable.

2. Government officials engaged in so many coverup conspiracies they dare not accuse others.

The stuff that was initially reported after McVeigh’s capture never provided a satisfactory explanation of his motives; at least not satisfactory to me. I never in my wildest imagination tied McVeigh to the terrorists who carried out the attacks on 9-11-2001. I originally had McVeigh down as a disgruntled nut case who simply hated the federal government. That’s what I got from the initial reporting at the time. Nevertheless, there was nothing about McVeigh’s “blind hatred” that rang true.

Eventually, McVeigh’s true motive came out. He was getting even for Clinton’s massacre of more than 80 men, women, and children burned to death in the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco, and for Ruby Ridge in 1992. Both the Waco massacre and the OKC bombing took place on the same day of the month, April 19, although you were hard-pressed making that connection from media reports at the time. (Notice that the media never fails to mention that the attack in Benghazi took place on the anniversary of 9-11-2001.)

After a connection to the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995, and the attack on 9-11-2001 began to appear, I asked my first question: Did McVeigh convert to Islam before Oklahoma City? A yes answer made no sense. I could not envision McVeigh teaming up with the people who had declared war on his country. The question itself dispelled my comfortable understanding of McVeigh.

After McVeigh was executed it was reported that he saw a priest in the final hours before his execution. Presumably he repented, etc. The priest story made me think “Rocky turns yellow.” Let me explain for those too young to remember the 1938 James Cagney movie Angels With Dirty Faces.

In that movie Cagney played a hoodlum, Rocky Sullivan, much admired by young neighborhood toughs —— the forerunners of today’s street gangs. Actor Pat O’Brien played the parish priest, Jerry Connelly, who grew up with Rocky. Near the end of the movie Rocky is about to be executed. Fr. Connelly visits Rocky and asks him to pretend he’s afraid to die so that the neighborhood kids won’t admire him. Rocky refuses. In the end he relents and has to be dragged to the hot seat kicking and screaming all the way. Newspaper headlines report “Rocky Turns Yellow.”

This brief clip shows Rocky turning yellow so to speak:

Parenthetically, one time a kid in school stood up and took the blame for something he didn’t do. He did it to save the rest of us from detention or some such terrible punishment. For years after, my friends and I dismissed phoney heroics by saying “Rocky turns yellow.”

With Rocky in mind, I couldn’t help questioning the report of McVeigh’s repentance. Maybe Rocky didn’t turn yellow after all! Somebody should ask McVeigh's co-conspirator, Terry Nichols. He is still alive doing life in prison.

ABLE DANGER

Irrespective of what happens in Utah there is not a chance the investigation into the ABLE DANGER COVERUP will be reopened.

The Salt Lake City trial is expected to wrap up Thursday or Friday.

Trentadue says he began investigating the bombing to seek justice for his brother, Kenneth Trentadue, 44, who was found hanged in his cell at the U.S. Bureau of Prisons’ Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City. He believes his brother, a convicted bank robber who was picked up for parole violations, was mistaken for a suspected co-conspirator in the bombing and died in an FBI interrogation that went awry and was covered up by prison officials.

OKC bombing case about to be blown open?
Surveillance footage could show 'McVeigh accomplice'
Published: 15 hours ago
LEO HOHMANN

OKC bombing case about to be blown open?

This article from 2005 is a good one for anyone unfamiliar with the scandal:

A Pentagon Whitewash
By Rory O'Connor
September 27, 2005

A Pentagon Whitewash | Alternet

I never doubted there is a coverup going on here. The following link also looks at Able Danger five years after it faded from the headlines. Incidentally, the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina got so much coverage it smothered the Able Danger hearings.

VIDEO INCLUDED IN THE LINK:

EXCLUSIVE: Witnesses in Defense Dept. Report Suggest Cover-Up of 9/11 Findings
By Catherine Herridge
Published October 04, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: Witnesses in Defense Dept. Report Suggest Cover-Up of 9/11 Findings | Fox News

The question is what have they been covering up? Answer: My gut instinct told me that if Muslim operatives were working with Timothy McVeigh they were connected in some way to Iraq’s mission at the UN. Think diplomatic immunity. Remember that the OKC bombing took place when Saddam Hussein was still in power. I seriously doubt if the UN can survive being tied to Oklahoma City and, by extension, to 9-11-2001. Protecting the UN would be more than enough incentive to coverup the truth —— outdistancing every other reason.

Also, I can understand why the government protects the government. They see it as protecting the country when that motive for a coverup is seldom true. More often than not a coverup is called for when a disaster is too big for standard Beltway One-upmanship between Democrats and Republicans.

Rush Limbaugh

President Clinton blamed Rush Limbaugh for the Oklahoma City bombing. That was the most outlandish thing to come out of the tragedy. Presumably, it was Rush’s conservative views that set off Timothy McVeigh’s hatred. Clinton apologized as soon as he realized he had a bull by the tail. The fact is that the Clintons were looking for anything to cover up everything that tied them to McVeigh’s motive.

After Clinton’s faux pas no one called the Oklahoma City bombing a hate crime. The media did not want the public to know why McVeigh did it; so they tried to hang it on Muslims. A cynic might say that covering up the Clintons involvement in the Waco Massacre was the template for Suzy Five Shows protecting then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with that nonsense about a homemade video. They still push it.

Last but not least —— the media never protected the Clintons more than they protected them from their involvement in the Waco Massacre.

Last edited by a moderator:
11-28-04- A published report says Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols admitted last year to his role in the 1995 bombing. A written statement shows Nichols admitted during plea negotiations to helping Timothy McVeigh get components for the bomb and in the making of it.

Nichols said he was not aware of any other conspirators in the
attack that killed 168 people, including 19 children. He also says he didn't know which building was targeted until after the bombing.

Nichols made statement as part of an effort to get state prosecutors to drop their request for a death sentence. The negotiations fell through because prosecutors thought Nichols was not forthcoming enough.

Prosecutors could not use the statement during Nichols' state trial on murder charges unless Nichols testified, which he did not do.

Nichols Confesses to Helping McVeigh

I still have a hard time going downtown in my old hometown after the devastation and loss of life from the tragic event...

Forum List

Back