Mortgage delinquency rate lowest level since 1999 - Thanks Biden!

Why would my neighborhood be different than the rest of the town?

They are indeed.

There are always houses listed that long, what you seem to be missing are all the houses that are listed for a day or two and are gone. Once a house has been listed more than 60 days its chance of being sold goes down as people assume there is something wrong with it. A wise seller would take it back off the market for a month and relist it.

For sure, sadly renting a house has gotten out of hand. We were renting for a few years before we had our current house built. Our rent for that house was 500 less than our mortgage and the only reason it was that low is we had a multi year lease so he could not raise the rent the first few years we lived there. We moved out by the 10th of a month and he had the house rented by the end of the same month, and I suspect he raised the rent another 300 or so. Apartments are easier to find around here, houses do not stay on the rental market for more than a day or two.

Your neighborhood can make a big difference......being in an HOA that is usually on a golf course with older residents & not many if at all, young families.......though some are, but usually not. That makes it quite appealing to older couples looking toward their retirements to live in a nice quiet neighborhood and play golf all day. Whether that is like your neighborhood or not, HOA's have alot of rules and is a more structured environment that is appealing to many. Not everyone can afford to live there or fit within whatever rules.

Your neighborhood can make a big difference......being in an HOA that is usually on a golf course with older residents & not many if at all, young families.......though some are, but usually not. That makes it quite appealing to older couples looking toward their retirements to live in a nice quiet neighborhood and play golf all day. Whether that is like your neighborhood or not, HOA's have alot of rules and is a more structured environment that is appealing to many. Not everyone can afford to live there or fit within whatever rules.

You have no clue what you are talking about. The last 3 neighborhoods I have lived in have HOAs, two of the 3 of them were nothing but young families with kids and the HOA would do things for kids in the neighborhood for the 4th of July and Halloween.

The HOA I was part of when my kids were small did a summer party where we all brought food and the HOA fees paid for a couple bounce houses and such.

The link stated what I said
Oct. 2023 largest American banks have been quietly laying off workers all year — and some of the deepest cuts are yet to come.

And then you link said why it was happening, but you did not get that far as you never read past the headline.

how boring

Try again.

From your OP.......

1705603807128.png

Comparing 2023 to 2021 is something people do to fool fools
Also from the link in your OP.........

The U.S. serious delinquency rate (defined as borrowers who are 90 days or more late on their mortgage payments)

and yet you say Americans were still getting those government checks......so why were they late on their mortgages in 21????? Could it be that your praise for da Spuds economics is a bunch of BS?????? It certainly is, but you'll never admit it.

BTW.......your link source is from 'CoreLogic'......must be the same as Core Math where shit just doesn't add up

More Chartography from desperate Democrats trying to tell poor voters all the economic pain they are feeling is because they don't understand charts. FFS give it up already. :rolleyes:
Are you struggling? How can I help?

From your OP.......

View attachment 889864

Comparing 2023 to 2021 is something people do to fool fools
Also from the link in your OP.........

The U.S. serious delinquency rate (defined as borrowers who are 90 days or more late on their mortgage payments)

and yet you say Americans were still getting those government checks......so why were they late on their mortgages in 21????? Could it be that your praise for da Spuds economics is a bunch of BS?????? It certainly is, but you'll never admit it.

BTW.......your link source is from 'CoreLogic'......must be the same as Core Math where shit just doesn't add up

Are you unable to follow a chart? I drew the line as to where we are today for each type of loan... lowest ever default rates. Thanks Biden!

1705607002015.png

Looks like Bidenomics has this economy humming so well that mortgage delinquency rates are almost nothing. At some point you righties are gonna have to give up on “the economy sucks” when the evidence to the opposite is so clear. Congratulations to the Chief Economy Owner or CEO of the country.

View attachment 889186

The nation’s overall mortgage delinquency rate was unchanged year over year in October 2023 and remains near an all-time low, according to the latest CoreLogic Loan Performance Insights report.

The U.S. serious delinquency rate (defined as borrowers who are 90 days or more late on their mortgage payments) was 0.9% in October 2023, down from 1.2% from one year earlier%. [1] When compared with the peak serious delinquency rate for mortgages in August 2020, October’s rate was down by 3.4 percentage points.

Low unemployment numbers have helped reduce the overall delinquency rate, as have mortgage modification programs offered to those who were in forbearance. And while serious delinquencies for all types of mortgages have declined over the past three years, it’s important to examine the trends by loan type, as some are more sensitive to changes in the macroeconomic environment.

As of October 2023, the serious delinquency rates for Federal Housing Administration (FHA), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and conventional loans were 3.2%, 2% and 0.7%, respectively (Figure 1). [2] The serious delinquency rate decreased for all loan types in October 2023 compared with a year prior, when COVID-related delinquencies still lingered.
This is a good thing

Forum List

Back