More than 440 reporters lose press passes after White House changes requirements

You need to go back and listen to both Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Kayleigh McEnany conduct press briefings and then compare those two to the joke that we now have. Karine Jean Pierre is the worst Press Secretary I've ever seen. She comes across as ill prepared and tends to get pissy if she's pressed on questions that she obviously doesn't want to answer.

This. What passes for "news" is really just conspiracy theory mongering. It's why I brand almost all of the conservative Internet rags as "alt-right". Because that's what they are. That and the fact that they aren't held to ANY journalistic standards. Used to be in this country, you had to back up your bullshit claims with actual FACTS. If you couldn't, you were forced to either issue a retraction, or get your ass sued. These alt-right sites depend on the fact that the people they are sliming won't take the time to come after them because it's too time consuming and costly. Contrary to the right's popular opinion, there are limits to that 1st Amendment. The Dominion judgement was the first time I've seen a right wing organization be held accountable for its straight up lies.

I agree with you. You can tell how responsible a news outlet is by how they retract and react when they get it wrong. I'm unaware of any retraction issued by any of these right wing kook sites; ever (that wasn't the result of a court order to apologize).

What I was discussing in an attempt to save this thread was that what passes for news these days is an outlet publishing or reporting a press release. Sad to say that the corporation I work for had an event last year. We moved into a new market and we had a grand opening of a few campuses. Our CEO was at one of the ribbon cuttings (as was I). In the press packets we handed out to 10 or so reporters was a press release and some other material about our company--annual report, quarterlies. I think a 10K was in there.

That night after the after party, I was watching the local news and they had covered the opening. The last paragraph of every press release we issue has a corporate profile.... " ___________ is the recognized leader in acute care with X number of hospitals in X number of states...." The news reader read it verbatim. We could have said we had hospitals on Pluto on that release and I doubt they would have had any problem saying we did.

You need to go back and listen to both Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Kayleigh McEnany conduct press briefings and then compare those two to the joke that we now have. Karine Jean Pierre is the worst Press Secretary I've ever seen. She comes across as ill prepared and tends to get pissy if she's pressed on questions that she obviously doesn't want to answer.

You know what the main difference is between Trump and Biden's releationship with the Press, Candy? Trump took questions from the Press nearly every day and never ducked the hard ones. Biden almost NEVER takes questions from the Press and when he does...it's a one line response and then he runs for the exits.

You know what the main difference is between Trump and Biden's releationship with the Press, Candy?
His Press secretaries went nearly a year without addressing the press?
Trump took questions from the Press nearly every day and never ducked the hard ones.
Yeah, he just made up answers and since his supporters are complete idiots; they accepted it as gospel.

But here is a shot of him doing exactly what you just said he didn't do...

This is the part to where you justify him doing what you said he never did.

At least 442 reporters have lost their credentials since the White House press office changed its rules for journalists to be eligible for permanent passes, according to reports.

The White House announced updated standards for a yearly renewal of "hard passes" in May. Journalists who do not obtain hard passes can still apply for a day pass.

Politico reported the number of credentialed White House correspondents dropped from 1417 to 975 after the previous passes expired July 31, with the new number reflecting "a mix of renewals and new applications."

More than 440 reporters lose press passes after White House changes requirements

So if they reveal or ask about Biden corruption, they become unwelcome to attend WH Press Meetings? I thought Biden promised the American people he would run a transparent White House.
Booting the 442 Reporters who have asked President Biden to tell the people the truth he doesn't want to talk about is transparency? And his fill-in Press Secretary regularly refuses to answer questions President Biden should be answering. What happened to transparency? Refusals to answer questions is a far cry from transparency. and omissions of the truth are called errors of omission. Why doesn't Biden answer his own press conference questions?
Tyranny doesn't like to be questioned

His Press secretaries went nearly a year without addressing the press?

Yeah, he just made up answers and since his supporters are complete idiots; they accepted it as gospel.

But here is a shot of him doing exactly what you just said he didn't do...

This is the part to where you justify him doing what you said he never did.

When's the last time you saw Joe Biden go toe to toe with a reporter, Candy? Trump did so all of the time. Joe Biden asks questions that he's gotten ahead of time from selected reporters and has down on cue cards so he won't screw it up and he STILL can't get it done!

When's the last time you saw Joe Biden go toe to toe with a reporter, Candy? Trump did so all of the time.
And cowardly ran away from "nasty" reporters as I just demonstrated.
Joe Biden asks questions that he's gotten ahead of time from selected reporters
false.
and has down on cue cards so he won't screw it up and he STILL can't get it done!
8a8b9aa095ccf6ba95f8fd4671460908

Tyranny doesn't like to be questioned
Well said, bigrebnc1775. I'm putting that on my prayer list, because our nation seems to be pushing too hard on totalitarian cancelations of the good things the Founders gave to us with their far sight into the future. This generation failed to support the best advice we ever had from the President who led the allied force to victory against fascists as General Eisenhower, and as President he got the cooperation of Congress to pass the Anti-Communist Bill of 1954. Unfortunately, we had Marxists in our schools of higher education with a secret agenda that actually pushed the world's worst anti-Constitutional issues upon impressionable college-age students in the late fifties on. They called themselves liberal when the only thing liberal about it was lying and breaking with a Constitutional Republic in order to replace it with a more expedient method of controlling people than our traditional freedoms allow. Our Congress failed to embrace the best wisdom that would keep America a friend to those countries that counted on our help in their weakness. Now, our Congressional bodies went the wrong way when getting rich quick became more important than continuing to believe in our Founders' system. I don't know how to fix it when so many people seem bent on destroying our nation's strength and good will. Good evening, all. It's time for evening vespers and asking for God's generous help to bring back brotherly love into the Halls of Congress as well as in our homes. :sleep:

Well said, bigrebnc1775. I'm putting that on my prayer list, because our nation seems to be pushing too hard on totalitarian cancelations of the good things the Founders gave to us with their far sight into the future. This generation failed to support the best advice we ever had from the President who led the allied force to victory against fascists as General Eisenhower, and as President he got the cooperation of Congress to pass the Anti-Communist Bill of 1954. Unfortunately, we had Marxists in our schools of higher education with a secret agenda that actually pushed the world's worst anti-Constitutional issues upon impressionable college-age students in the late fifties on. They called themselves liberal when the only thing liberal about it was lying and breaking with a Constitutional Republic in order to replace it with a more expedient method of controlling people than our traditional freedoms allow. Our Congress failed to embrace the best wisdom that would keep America a friend to those countries that counted on our help in their weakness. Now, our Congressional bodies went the wrong way when getting rich quick became more important than continuing to believe in our Founders' system. I don't know how to fix it when so many people seem bent on destroying our nation's strength and good will. Good evening, all. It's time for evening vespers and asking for God's generous help to bring back brotherly love into the Halls of Congress as well as in our homes. :sleep:
Well said

I just demonstrated Trump getting all testy when questioned. So you're unusually correct. First time for everything there Blart. Now go get in your golf cart and drive around the parking lot counter clockwise this time.
Poor blart the democrat controlled media has blatantly lied against trump yet has openly lied to defend Biden but here Biden is shutting the door on his biggest defenders. Because he's a tyrant.

Their house. Their rules. My, how quickly we forget what just happened in the last administration. :)
Then again, after a while as I remember, Trump's press secretaries gave up daily briefings because they couldn't answer the questions being thrown at them.

Maybe Biden's team will do the same.

Actually our house, the Constitution's rules, but authoritarian hacks like you seem to forget that when it suits you.

Forum List

Back