Missouri GOP candidate leads Dem Opponent, the polling also shows a majority of Missourians support abortion, a hurdle for Schmitt, who supported ban

The feckless a**holes are running from the abortion issue now that they are coming to grips with how unpopular the repeal of Roe was.

As much as it pains me to do so I must agree.

The gop should have just let the decision stand on it merits instead of having trigger laws and such. If anything it should have been placed on the ballot for the people of each state to decide, not bible-thumping legislators.

I knew it would be unpopular as most folks are like myself and were fine with abortion as long as it had some sensible guardrails attached.

As much as it pains me to do so I must agree.

The gop should have just let the decision stand on it merits instead of having trigger laws and such. If anything it should have been placed on the ballot for the people of each state to decide, not bible-thumping legislators.

I knew it would be unpopular as most folks are like myself and were fine with abortion as long as it had some sensible guardrails attached.
I don't know of very many people who think abortion should be banned at any cost

For example, ectopic pregnancies need to be aborted since the child is not where it needs to be and will only grow and cause the mother to bleed to death if it is not aborted.

At the same time, society needs to address when life begins. Do the unborn have the same rights we have, just like and infant who is just born? Or are they magically given their rights once they pass out of the womb as the Birth Fairy waves her magic wand over the fetus as it exits the womb?

In fact, many support partial Birth abortion, while half in and half out of the womb. Why not just let it come out of the womb and snap the child's neck:? It would be safer for the mother.

But this is where Roe vs Wade failed. It focused on the privacy of the mother and not the personhood of the unborn. It would be akin to focusing on the privacy of a slave owner in the 1800's and not the personhood of the slave.

I also agree that Bible thumping helps no one, especially in a society that is hostile to the Christian faith like the US has become.

I don't know of very many people who think abortion should be banned at any cost

For example, ectopic pregnancies need to be aborted since the child is not where it needs to be and will only grow and cause the mother to bleed to death if it is not aborted.

At the same time, society needs to address when life begins. Do the unborn have the same rights we have, just like and infant who is just born? Or are they magically given their rights once they pass out of the womb as the Birth Fairy waves her magic wand over the fetus as it exits the womb?

In fact, many support partial Birth abortion, while half in and half out of the womb. Why not just let it come out of the womb and snap the child's neck:? It would be safer for the mother.

But this is where Roe vs Wade failed. It focused on the privacy of the mother and not the personhood of the unborn. It would be akin to focusing on the privacy of a slave owner in the 1800's and not the personhood of the slave.

I also agree that Bible thumping helps no one, especially in a society that is hostile to the Christian faith like the US has become.
You can’t blame Christians for defending themselves. If they were Muslim, they’d just
blow you up. That’s why democrats are afraid to rag on Muslim religious conservatism. Plus, Islam is not part of the legacy of American culture which is the real target of demmunism.

You can’t blame Christians for defending themselves. If they were Muslim, they’d just
blow you up. That’s why democrats are afraid to rag on Muslim religious conservatism. Plus, Islam is not part of the legacy of American culture which is the real target of demmunism.
Infringing upon others rights is often viewed as a cut off line for those manipulating others.

It is the "Do unto others as you would have done to you" unspoken law.

Forum List

Back