McMartin Case of preschool molestation

No one was ever convicted as I recall it turned out the investigators used a method that basically taught the children to believe something happened.

Their names were ruined forever. They lost everything. So...they were convicted by msm and the public.

That was my case! I worked with the investigator, Paul Bynum on that case. Those poor people were destroyed for nothing. Nothing at all.

Not only the McMartins and Buckeys, at the height of the hysteria over 300 people in Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach were accused of molestation.

I know all about that travesty. It was a horrible miscarriage of justice.

So..anyone remember that? And...do you think they really did what they were accused of or was it a bunch of bullshit?

McMartin preschool trial - Wikipedia
I just saw a show on Oxygen about that case. The kids still claim they were molested.
The children were horribly scarred by the techniques used by the counselors. Those little kids were badgered. They are in their 30s and 40s now.

It was so bad that people just walking down the street had children whisper to their parents "that man(lady) hurt me". The woman that started it all was insane. She was running around screaming that the marines raped her dog. Some of those accused never even knew. The complaint went in the round file.

My roommate and I were so spooked that we went to a 24 hour grocery store in the middle of the night to avoid seeing any children.

Then the counselors started getting nonsense from the children. Flying broomsticks and rockets. Taken away on planes where they played the naked movie star game in the air. The more bizarre the stories got the more the parents demanded that "we believe the children".

After the crazy lady said her son was molested (never any medical proof of that), the asshole Philabosian was running for re-election and needed a big case. He got the student list for the last five years and wrote to each parent saying that their child might have been molested. If so, they might be entitled to money from the insurance company. Bingo the promise of money opened the floodgates.

So..anyone remember that? And...do you think they really did what they were accused of or was it a bunch of bullshit?

McMartin preschool trial - Wikipedia

I was a kid and teen in the 80s and don't remember it, but oh my, what an absolute pox on the house of psychology and psychiatry....as if they NEED more discredit to their name. And I'm not usually one for big civil lawsuits, but in this case I wish the McMartin's would have sued everyone under the sun who brought the false charges. They ruined their lives.

Forum List

Back