Man steals firearm hidden in a bush. Is that even possible?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) A man accused of stealing a gun that had been stashed in a bush outside Nashville International Airport (BNA) has been taken into custody.

According to arrest documents, a BNA employee who works for a cleaning service contacted Nashville Airport Police on Thursday, March 16, saying she had hidden her firearm in a bush at a terminal garage because she was running late for work.

However, when she returned, her gun was missing, so officials said they entered the gun into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) as stolen.

Per the affidavit, a supervisor for the cleaning company said he saw another employee identified as Arius A. Boyd near the area where the firearm had been stashed, which he thought was suspicious since Boyd was there past his shift.

The court documents said surveillance video showed the first employee hiding her gun in the bush just after 5 a.m.

Then, at approximately 6:22 a.m., a man was reportedly seen leaning over a rail in the same area before leaving BNA property in a white Nissan Sentra registered to Boyd.

Investigators went to Boyd's home and found the stolen gun inside. After receiving his Miranda warning, he provided a full confession, officials said.

According to the Davidson County Sheriff's Office, Boyd is being held on a $2,000 bond for felony theft of a firearm worth less than $2,500.

A gun in the bush is worth one in the hand?
I bet she told everyone she worked with about the gun "hidden' in the bush and ol Arius availed himself of the opportunity. ;)

If I were Mr. Boyd, I'd make the argument that I didn't knowingly exercise control over the property without the owner's effective consent because I found it disposed of behind a bush, which, not being a place reasonable people store guns, I assumed the item had been disposed of and was free for the taking. At trial, I would present a ton of pictures taken all over Nashville of litter and get them to admit it's improperly disposed of trash, not securely stored property.
-comment

So, she stashed the gun in a bush ‘because she was running late for work?’ What kind of stupid story is that?

They’re both stupid.

She’s stupid for stashing the gun in the bush. I get that she knew she couldn’t carry it into the property, but that’s not an appropriate way to deal with the issue.

He’s stupid for taking possession of an unknown firearm without contacting security/police and letting them take care of it.

Forum List

Back