Man Jailed for Rapping Lyrics Made Famous by Eminem

timslash

Dec 4, 2014
Buffalo. NY
Lihue, HI — A freestyle rapper, who has already spent two weeks in jail for his freedom of speech, is now facing more jail time as prosecutors push for a stricter punishment.
Man Jailed for Rapping Lyrics Made Famous by Eminem The Free Thought Project
Kainoa Silva, 28, allegedly sang the words, “I will kill you,” during a freestyle rap in August of last year. Although he said these words were out of love and he said them while singing a song, he was charged with making a second-degree terroristic threat.
Well, freedom of speech in action...
Why today, our rights and freedoms doesn't matter for official structures and government?!
Why should average innocent suffer from this, while popular and rich people(who do same things) doing the same without any consequences!

Lihue, HI — A freestyle rapper, who has already spent two weeks in jail for his freedom of speech, is now facing more jail time as prosecutors push for a stricter punishment.
Kainoa Silva, 28, allegedly sang the words, “I will kill you,” during a freestyle rap in August of last year. Although he said these words were out of love and he said them while singing a song, he was charged with making a second-degree terroristic threat.
Why today, our rights and freedoms doesn't matter for official structures and government?!
Why should average innocent suffer from this, while popular and rich people(who do same things) doing the same without any consequences!
There is no justice in America, period. Our courtrooms and judicial system are jokes. We do not have freedom of speech, privacy, nor freedom.

There is a difference between singing/rapping words for an album or for a perfomance and directing those words at an individual.

I can't find a full story, but it is certainly possible that he was making a threat towards the woman and was simply using the Eminem lyrics instead of his own words. If that was the case, then he has no first amendment protection.

Forum List

Back