Liberals on campus claiming "hate speech"

I see this is big lib kryptonite. What's it feel like to be the most intolerant people in the country?

Here's a comment left from a reader of that article:

This article is VERY bias, and in fact UNTRUTHFUL...I was there. I expected the students to act mature and civil, instead they threatened us, cussed us and behaved very childish and vulgar. They seemed to be more lewd and of the baser sort. They reasoned and responded more like like community college students than attendees of one of the best Universities in the Country.

"Dozens of students joined together Wednesday afternoon to rally against a hate speech group protesting in the Amphitheater,..."

I don't even know what this means. What is a "hate speech group"? What, exactly, were they protesting?

How could this article even be published without at least summarizing what the offensive speech was?

If stating a moral opposition to gay "sex" is "hate speech," then a solid majority of the U.S. population, and an even stronger majority of the world population is guilty of it. These people really need to get a grip.

No wonder they can't get a fucking job after they graduate. They are idiots.

"Dozens of students joined together Wednesday afternoon to rally against a hate speech group protesting in the Amphitheater,..."

I don't even know what this means. What is a "hate speech group"? What, exactly, were they protesting?

How could this article even be published without at least summarizing what the offensive speech was?

If stating a moral opposition to gay "sex" is "hate speech," then a solid majority of the U.S. population, and an even stronger majority of the world population is guilty of it. These people really need to get a grip.

No wonder they can't get a fucking job after they graduate. They are idiots.

Welcome to any American university of today. Anything that's not considered "progressive" speech, is deemed "hate" speech. These wet behind the ears kids are easily manipulated by the gray pony tailed liberal profs who spend their careers bashing America, while the whole time collecting a government paycheck.
There's no "equality" of thinking or speech, it's 100% one-sided.

The piece does not even specify which alleged "hate group" was assembled at the amphitheater.

Could have been the Boy Scouts, for all we know.

Apparently it was a church group protesting the schools Pride Week.

To be honest, the group should have expected to be treated rudely. This is an American campus after all. Had it of course been a Muslim group protesting, they wouldn't have uttered a word of protest.

It's amazing how the left willing to shut out any voices they disagree with.... then claim that they believe in diversity.

As long as you agree with them.

I read the article, I would like to hear the hateful speech but I guess we wont.

I am curious as to what "Queering Spaces" are though, as mentioned in the article.

UVA is a super liberal school (outside of the Business school, natch) and this kind of behavior is to be expected. It's just UVA students being UVA students.

That said, I could go for a Bodo's Bagel right about now.

Forum List

Back