Leviathan Club: American Sci-Fi (Concept Art)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Does capitalism (and civilization) remind you of science-fiction (at all)?

This yarn was inspired by Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and Logan's Run.

Signing off (cheers),

=====

A special colony on the moon was developed by NASA on Earth and intended to foster commerce and fertile life. You see, man had polluted the Earth so much that now preparations had to be made to find a more habitable planet, and the moon was ideal for a life-colony. On this colony, there would be entertainment, education, epistemology, and Ecclesiastes-readings from the Christian Bible. The colony would be called 'The Club' and it would only recruit humans willing to forego a life on Earth, a life which was still possible despite global warming and water-pollution. There were 1,000 initial recruits in all, mostly Americans of varying ethnic backgrounds but mostly Caucasians. The Club was the new Ark.

leviathan5.jpg

A good colony planner must plan for the worst. During the fourth year of habitation on the moon-colony known as 'The Club,' scientists discovered that an eerie dragon-like 'leviathan' creature existed in the underground surface of the moon. This Leviathan was something like a dragon and a mammal and it had glowing blue eyes and breathed ice-breath that could freeze anyone standing in its way. Leviathan brought much dread, so the scientists decided to send a special military delegation to negotiate with the beast to see if some cohabitation treaty could be wrought. The delegation included American celebrity (Hollywood movie-star) Tom Cruise, an Ivy League Asian-American professor named Ajay Patel, a Navy SEAL soldiers named Fred Hicks, and a female NASA scientist named Sandra Braun. The delegation was called 'Club-Angels.' Everything was on the line.

leviathan6.jpg

LEVIATHAN: You assume I'm intelligible and want to negotiate...
CLUB-ANGELS: Don't you want to cohabitate this wonderful moon with us?
LEVIATHAN: You assume that cohabitation would be beneficial...
CLUB-ANGELS: We're a peace-loving species!
LEVIATHAN: Really? I've sensed your nuclear war (Hiroshima) and eco-pollution problems.
CLUB-ANGELS: Well, capitalism-civilization came with many problems.
LEVIATHAN: That's true; you did not exercise temperance; now you need pity!
CLUB-ANGELS: Yes; we need absolute pity; won't you listen to reason?
LEVIATHAN: What is the 'reason' I should share this moon with your species?
CLUB-ANGELS: We promise to create a habitable colony and treat you with respect.
LEVIATHAN: Will you honor my sovereignty and my right not to engage with you?
CLUB-ANGELS: Of course; we're not overly-curious 'mad scientists.'
LEVIATHAN: I'll believe you, for now; mad-science seems to be the malady of humans.
CLUB-ANGELS: We want to share our music and food with you.
LEVIATHAN: Well, I suspect you'd want your children to play with me, since I can fly!
CLUB-ANGELS: No; we'll leave you to your own devices and simply greet you when you come.
LEVIATHAN: That sounds fine; I'm a big fan of Tom Cruise movies like Edge of Tomorrow.
CLUB-ANGELS: How'd you see that?
LEVIATHAN: I can emit brain-waves and gather perceptions from distant planets.
CLUB-ANGELS: Well, Planet Hollywood was a popular movie-based restaurant chain.
LEVIATHAN: I know that; well...I suppose I can tolerate you...but no monkey-business.
CLUB-ANGELS: Excellent; thank you so much! By the way, what exactly are you?
LEVIATHAN: Don't continue to entreat your dangerous curiosities; find peace.
CLUB-ANGELS: Understood; we'll create a commercial harmony on this moon.
LEVIATHAN: Good luck!

====

:5_1_12024:

Forum List

Back