LBGTQ Pride Over Job Counseling - Really? What's Wrong With These Pictures?

JBG

Liberal democrat
Jan 8, 2012
New York City area
I have posted a screenshot of two adjacent emails in my inbox. The first show an email from my County Board of Legislators celebrating LGTBQ Pride Month. The next, from a nonprofit agency announcing the discontinuance, due to "funding cutbacks" of valuable program of workshops aimed at assisting people who suddenly become unemployed in the 50's or later as they are replaced by "new blood." These people face mainstream problems of loss of the emotional anchor of their daily job, and the need to train to write CV's, use LinkedIn and other job search tools.

I don't "celebrate" the fact that I am heterosexual and work every day. Fringe groups getting funding to "celebrate" what? Something is very badly wrong with society's priorities.

KkvHLqM.png

FBBEo40.png

I have posted a screenshot of two adjacent emails in my inbox. The first show an email from my County Board of Legislators celebrating LGTBQ Pride Month. The next, from a nonprofit agency announcing the discontinuance, due to "funding cutbacks" of valuable program of workshops aimed at assisting people who suddenly become unemployed in the 50's or later as they are replaced by "new blood." These people face mainstream problems of loss of the emotional anchor of their daily job, and the need to train to write CV's, use LinkedIn and other job search tools.

I don't "celebrate" the fact that I am heterosexual and work every day. Fringe groups getting funding to "celebrate" what? Something is very badly wrong with society's priorities.

KkvHLqM.png

FBBEo40.png
You have never been under assault for being heterosexual. Sack up and control those tear ducts, princess.

You have never been under assault for being heterosexual.

Until now BlackFlag
when people ARE denouncing there being too many "straight white men"

Left-Wing Pastor Denounces 'Straight White Men' During Christian College Commencement Prayer — and Gets Cheers from Crowd | Restoring Liberty

and people who don't believe in same sex marriage are facing
discrimination and fines by courts for not participating in such events.

In Narrow Opinion, Supreme Court Rules For Baker In Gay-Rights Case

Now that the tables are turned, do you think we can call it even and quit?

You have never been under assault for being heterosexual.

Until now BlackFlag
when people ARE denouncing there being too many "straight white men"

Left-Wing Pastor Denounces 'Straight White Men' During Christian College Commencement Prayer — and Gets Cheers from Crowd | Restoring Liberty

and people who don't believe in same sex marriage are facing
discrimination and fines by courts for not participating in such events.

In Narrow Opinion, Supreme Court Rules For Baker In Gay-Rights Case

Now that the tables are turned, do you think we can call it even and quit?
That case was sent back down. It is not decided.

Nobody is under assault for being straight. Some straight people are now under assault for their assault on same-sex couples, which is fine by me.

This is a ridiculous thread. These two emails came from two separate entities with no mention of any connection between them. The county board did not mention withdrawing any funds from the nonprofit to celebrate Pride.

KkvHLqM.png

FBBEo40.png

What does Pride Month have to do with a jobs program?

Forum List

Back