Knowing when to walk away

Confederate Soldier

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2021
Southerner trapped in a yankee state
After two years of being here, I've decided to walk away. Maybe it's just a long break, maybe it'll be permanent.

This forum has changed my outlook on a couple of things, the biggest being how disgusting the people in my own party really are. I am a staunch republican/conservative, nothing will change that. Seeing so called conservatives eat up clickbait, unproven and propagandized bullshit on a daily basis is very disheartening. I used to think it was just a liberal thing, it isn't.

The division portrayed on this board is incredible. I've never seen so much hatred being spewed from either side before. This isn't America, this isn't what it's like in the REAL world. I can talk to a liberal about politics in the real world, and we aren't this callous and frankly, childish. Even at work, I can talk with a lesbian, dyed red hair liberal co-worker of mine, and we are never hostile, accusatory or angry. In fact, we respect each other, and consider ourselves friends. THAT'S America, and THAT's how real life conversations work.

Donald Trump is not the bane of all existence, and neither is Biden. They are/were presidents, just ones out of many that have come before and will come again. Trump wasn't the greatest president, and he wasn't the end of the world monster some portrayed him to be. Biden isn't the worst president, and nor is he a savior like some make him out to be. Why are people so fucking obsessed? Trump threads, Biden threads, day in, day out, offering nothing new, and nothing more than flaming at this point.

In recent months, I've noticed my own "contributions", have become more and more sinical, sarcastic and downright nasty. I'm not the person my online persona makes itself to be. I thought I was better than that. My mental health is in the gutter, and I'm starting to show signs of depression. To be very clear, in no way, shape or form do I want to harm myself or others. That is completely off the table.

I just want to be happier in my daily life, and cutting down on the internet, especially this toxic place, is probably for the better.

I'll hang around for another day or two, and then disappear.

I wish everyone the best.

Confederate Soldier.

After two years of being here, I've decided to walk away. Maybe it's just a long break, maybe it'll be permanent.

This forum has changed my outlook on a couple of things, the biggest being how disgusting the people in my own party really are. I am a staunch republican/conservative, nothing will change that. Seeing so called conservatives eat up clickbait, unproven and propagandized bullshit on a daily basis is very disheartening. I used to think it was just a liberal thing, it isn't.

The division portrayed on this board is incredible. I've never seen so much hatred being spewed from either side before. This isn't America, this isn't what it's like in the REAL world. I can talk to a liberal about politics in the real world, and we aren't this callous and frankly, childish. Even at work, I can talk with a lesbian, dyed red hair liberal co-worker of mine, and we are never hostile, accusatory or angry. In fact, we respect each other, and consider ourselves friends. THAT'S America, and THAT's how real life conversations work.

Donald Trump is not the bane of all existence, and neither is Biden. They are/were presidents, just ones out of many that have come before and will come again. Trump wasn't the greatest president, and he wasn't the end of the world monster some portrayed him to be. Biden isn't the worst president, and nor is he a savior like some make him out to be. Why are people so fucking obsessed? Trump threads, Biden threads, day in, day out, offering nothing new, and nothing more than flaming at this point.

In recent months, I've noticed my own "contributions", have become more and more sinical, sarcastic and downright nasty. I'm not the person my online persona makes itself to be. I thought I was better than that. My mental health is in the gutter, and I'm starting to show signs of depression. To be very clear, in no way, shape or form do I want to harm myself or others. That is completely off the table.

I just want to be happier in my daily life, and cutting down on the internet, especially this toxic place, is probably for the better.

Confederate Soldier.
You need to take USMB for what it is: entertainment.
No one on either side of ANY issue will ever change the other sides' mind.

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Most of these people live their lives on the internet and think it's real life. I also suspect some percentage are AI bots. Like everything else on the internet the fun got squeezed out of message boards somehow.

Confederate Soldier.
I am a bit depressed that you are feeling the brunt of the current culture war. Almost I never meet someone in public who acts as some (on both sides) do on various message boards. Perhaps the people don't act in public as they do here.

Confederate Soldier.
It's spelled Cynical but anyhow

I definitely can relate to this post.

I have felt thesame way, have wondered if I should just stayaway, for good.

So why don't I leave? Idon't know... I guess because I don't have a familyto speak of or ... and some people here seem like family since they believe as I do, etc.. I learn things here about current events... what other faiths believe, etc..

Also, Idon't think the conservatives are a fraction as uncharitable as the libs... Maybe the libs u know in your life keep all their hostility to themselves so as to keep their jobs or whatever... thenthey go on the i-net to saywhat they really think of them? Maybe some lib here is your co-worker you thought was so open minded and civil?

never know

I've changed countless minds, and made many people reconsider whether Donald Trump is actually the Messiah.
Can't stop yapping about Trump. Sick. make everything about Trump. Freak.

Forum List

Back